• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I have under 20 trophies left to get and only realized TODAY that the Mii's have trophies for All Star and Classic.

Not different ones, but trophies in general. SIX of them. What a maroon. I guess I figured when I got the rewards for beating x with all characters and didn't use them that I was done with trophies from that mode.

I'm about to give up on Mega Man, guys. He's got like zero good response to half the characters on the roster. If they are fast and in-your face your screwed. If they have a reflector, you lose like half your arsenal (all slow enough to easily reflect). If they are combo-y in the air, you are screwed (Mega has powerful aerials, but none except bair are fast enough and have enough priority to defend against them), if they are a heavy character and can rack up damage on you in a few hits, you are super screwed.

All-around characters I can generally handle, unless they have a reflector, of course. When you start getting into extreme characters, Mega Man really falls off. Fast characters pose a huge thread, as do slow and heavy characters.

It seems to me like Mega Man loses half his moveset in some matchups. If they are in-your-face, you have no defense or "get off me!" because you lack a jab and a forward tilt. Your forward smash, while powerful, isn't fast enough to punish and neither is it quick enough to hit a competent player off guard unless you luckily read a roll or ledge jump or you hitstunned them enough to get them with it. His downsmash is strong, but awfully laggy. His dash attack is good but again, super laggy and punishable. His dtilt is good, but hardly good enough to do over and over. His uptilt is godlike but has a small hitbox. Hit Usmash is good, but doesn't hit characters on the ground. His projectiles are too slow for characters to have to do much to deal with them.

Pretty much, bottom line, I love playing Mega Man but his attacks aren't quick enough to make him useful int he majority of situations. All his attacks are super laggy, and he has so much less options on the ground as other characters. In the air, he's way better but he has nothing that you can combo into to rack up damage.

I feel so predictable when I play MM because on the ground I can only do a few moves without getting punished everytime: dtilt, pellet...that's pretty much it. Dash attack is super easy to punish with it's lag. He has no jab, he has no ftilt. His buzzsaw is a good change-up but too slow to hit most of the time. Crashbomb is useful when it hits, but again, easy to shield.

Maybe I'm missing some obvious Mega Man thing that everyone is doing that I just can't. the only thing that stands out to me is grabs, which are good, but when all you have is grabs at your disposal on the ground, your opponent knows you are going to grab all the bloody time.

Who out there has some tips or something? It's becoming a frustrating experience against some characters.

I don't play Megaman myself, but I noticed this video doing the rounds and wondered if it might have anything to help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUaegrmQufs
It's interesting to note he's got some of the same down-throw options as palutena XD

Masked Man

I said wow
* I've not tested it myself but apparently her dashing attack doesn't just eat normal attacks and projectiles but it can even destroy a lot of counters. Again, I can't say I've tested this much so try at your own peril :p

I just dashed through Shulk's Vision last night, so I think this is valid. :D

Bless Aerolink for being the only bro playing his heart out with default Palutena.

And he does a damn good job with her, too!

Moonlight

Banned
Urgh. Been playing some For Glory, and I should really stop spending time in Practice mode, since it's basically a giant hugbox. I'm getting beaten by stuff that I know shouldn't beat me, and I feel like for all the theory I've stuffed in my head, everything starts falling apart when I try to apply it during battle. I can set people up to kill percents and suddenly completely choke on finishing off a stock. I'll completely forget about moves or waste time trying to land a move. And a lot of the 'victories' I won were because my opponent accidentally SDed or something trying to pull something off than something I could entirely attribute to my game. Doesn't help that I kept being thrown into unfamiliar match-ups, but that's still more my fault than anything else, since I was stupid enough at one point to actually try to attack a Greninja constantly spamming Counter than try and grab. :lol

And I ran into a Charizard that just would not stop spamming Flare Blitz. I would have just let them keep building their percent for me if I got the timing on jumping over it better.

I also have no fucking clue what to do against Sonic as Robin. Elfire doesn't come out fast enough to interrupt him, and Robin's so damn slow that it seems like it's impossible to create legit distance. My brain was overheating trying to keep up, haha.

But yeah. That's just me complaining despite knowing better. It's all part of the learning process, and I was happy to say I did pretty damn well against a Wario tonight from some previous experience I had, but man, I've got a really long way to go. Maybe I'll tip the scales on my W/L ratio one day.

leroidys

What the fuck do you do against a good bowser jr? All of his moves are immediately cancellable, have huge priority, KO, and do a fuckton of damage.

Adding you now. My FC is on my profile.

Edit: I already have you it seems lol. Must've been from the Pokemon threads.

hahaha, I was about to say I gotta delete some Pokemon friends to add you :p

guess not. I'll be on

EDIT : yo I can't get on for 10 minutes because I got dc'd from my last match earlier today

Spinluck

hahaha, I was about to say I gotta delete some Pokemon friends to add you :p

guess not. I'll be on

Actually I think you do have to add me. I have your code but you no longer have mine.
I
Edit: damn, I was doing all star with Bowser. I guess I'll just continue that. Let me know when the room is ready!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Argh. I got work in the morning but Bwett vs. Denti is coming on.

Next week tourneylocater will allow for customs woohoo!

J@hranimo

Banned
Well, my circle pad is getting very loose and when I use it I feel the rubber inside moving around the "stick" part.

I'm guessing it's days are numbered :(

Top Bottom