• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Timeaisis

Honestly, I think the way everyone is playing Mega Man isn't playing into his greatest strength. You say MM has problems with all these match ups (fast, bulky, reflectors,ect). I say MM is my character who has a pretty fair match up against any type.

The trick is simple. Aggressive lemons. Lemons lemons lemons. With lemon shots, and MM's good movement you can always apply some decent pressure.

F-tilt Lemons are great for movement, but on hit they don't apply enough hit stun to keep you safe during the three shot cool down.
Standing lemons are safe.
Short hop lemons to fade away or approach.
And the hard body hit of the standing or air lemon.

Knowing when do move between those 4 lemon types allows MM to have fairly great control and keeps him safe from reflectors and speed monsters. It's kind of hard to explain but I hope to have some video soon.

Ah, that's definitely something I'm not doing. Need to practice my lemoning, I guess. Do they do enough damage and knockback to control the stage enough, though?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, I think the way everyone is playing Mega Man isn't playing into his greatest strength. You say MM has problems with all these match ups (fast, bulky, reflectors,ect). I say MM is my character who has a pretty fair match up against any type.

The trick is simple. Aggressive lemons. Lemons lemons lemons. With lemon shots, and MM's good movement you can always apply some decent pressure.

F-tilt Lemons are great for movement, but on hit they don't apply enough hit stun to keep you safe during the three shot cool down.
Standing lemons are safe.
Short hop lemons to fade away or approach.
And the hard body hit of the standing or air lemon.

Knowing when do move between those 4 lemon types allows MM to have fairly great control and keeps him safe from reflectors and speed monsters. It's kind of hard to explain but I hope to have some video soon.

What are these lemons you speak of?

Falawful

Ah, that's definitely something I'm not doing. Need to practice my lemoning, I guess. Do they do enough damage and knockback to control the stage enough, though?
I don't know exact percents, but they do chip damage. Knockback comes in the form of halting their momentum to a flinch.

It's most useful against rushdown and projectile heavy characters.

Cedric

What are these lemons you speak of?

His neutral and side A, they look like lemons I think.

I really wish we could have kept going, I was trying multiple approaches each match, it becomes a game of the mind pretty much. Custom moves will help me zone better during the tourney *game and watches Bacon doubles distance*

Yea, we'll have to have a rematch soon, I wanna try out Rosa's customs but I don't have them unlocked yet.

Cedric

Ness's back throw is deadly, I keep hoping you're not gonna use it when you grab me hahaha

edit: man I messed up two PK thunder steals early on

Cedric

Alright Shamrock, I'm gonna win next round I'm feel in' it! kinda...

edit: hum the one after that, plz don't stop using Ness I have hope

Cedric

GGs Cedric. I really needed the Rosalina practice. I heard she is potentially a really bad matchup problem for Ness

GGs, I feel like a couple of more matches and I could've been more of a challenge, although I was probably better at the beginning. I'm starting to see what the issues is, PK Fire is a great move to get a combo going on any character, but it seems to really hurt Luma. Most of My KOs I get from afar with Luma, but it's easy to trap it with that attack. I don't know how to approach you otherwise, and your fair (which is quite similar to Rosa's) comes out way quicker than mine in the air.

Also, you're really good with the PK thunder. Even though I can potentially absorb it, sometimes I'm not quick enough or I get fooled by the way you're moving it. I did mess up a few times though, pressing down B instead of dodging when you're already full force pk thunder'd up in my face. Anyways, I'd like to play you a week or two from now, see if I can get better.

GGs, I feel like a couple of more matches and I could've been more of a challenge, although I was probably better at the beginning. I'm starting to see what the issues is, PK Fire is a great move to get a combo going on any character, but it seems to really hurt Luma. Most of My KOs I get from afar with Luma, but it's easy to trap it with that attack. I don't know how to approach you otherwise, and your fair (which is quite similar to Rosa's) comes out way quicker than mine in the air.

Also, you're really good with the PK thunder. Even though I can potentially absorb it, sometimes I'm not quick enough or I get fooled by the way you're moving it. I did mess up a few times though, pressing down B instead of dodging when you're already full force pk thunder'd up in my face. Anyways, I'd like to play you a week or two from now, see if I can get better.

My goal was to keep the Luma dead for as often as possible, because that really is Luma's bread and butter

Top Bottom