• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Revven

Oh man, I just played against someone in FG and they tried almost every "cheap" tactic with every character they picked. It was amusing because it seemed like they really wanted to beat my Marth and had to keep switching characters just to try to do it.

First he played me with his clear main, Peach. Funnily enough, the match was closer than anything after that (but only because I wasn't used to his Peach + all these rolls he kept doing were annoying me).

Then he picked Lucina, as if she's somehow better than Marth or something and tried to spam counter whenever he could (with a little bit of Side B in the mix).

Then he switched to Kirby and tried to swallowcide me (didn't work because I was able to hit him out of his inhale -- he got me into it once but I broke out really quickly).

Then he switched to Toon Link and tired to spam projectiles + Fsmash.

Then he switched to Robin and tried to spam the fire move (until it ran out) and the levin smash attacks.

Then he switched to Ness and tried to spam PK Fire into grab into etc etc. It didn't work because I always shielded PK Fire and whenever he did catch me with PK Fire I got out of it before he could grab me.

Then he went back to Peach and I won it again.

I'm shocked he never picked Little Mac or Bowser, though. That threw me for a loop.

All of these matches I won using Marth. It was so hilarious to see literally every tactic a casual player thinks is "cheap" or "overpowered" being used in front of my eyes lmao. I cannot believe players really think this stuff works! It blows my mind.

GGs man its been so much fun and a pleasure to play with you, I can only hope that I'm less of a butter finger with my gc controller xD

For sure! Great games! You're really good with pretty much everyone you played, but your Little Mac and Diddy especially are quite scary! I also like how your Diddy was evolving as we played, I think by the time we finished, your style with him changed almost completely!

Anyway, we'll have to play again some time!

DooD1234

Oh man, I just played against someone in FG and they tried almost every "cheap" tactic with every character they picked. It was amusing because it seemed like they really wanted to beat my Marth and had to keep switching characters just to try to do it.

First he played me with his clear main, Peach. Funnily enough, the match was closer than anything after that (but only because I wasn't used to his Peach + all these rolls he kept doing were annoying me).

Then he picked Lucina, as if she's somehow better than Marth or something and tried to spam counter whenever he could (with a little bit of Side B in the mix).

Then he switched to Kirby and tried to swallowcide me (didn't work because I was able to hit him out of his inhale -- he got me into it once but I broke out really quickly).

Then he switched to Toon Link and tired to spam projectiles + Fsmash.

Then he switched to Robin and tried to spam the fire move (until it ran out) and the levin smash attacks.

Then he switched to Ness and tried to spam PK Fire into grab into etc etc. It didn't work because I always shielded PK Fire and whenever he did catch me with PK Fire I got out of it before he could grab me.

Then he went back to Peach and I won it again.

I'm shocked he never picked Little Mac or Bowser, though. That threw me for a loop.

All of these matches I won using Marth. It was so hilarious to see literally every tactic a casual player thinks is "cheap" or "overpowered" being used in front of my eyes lmao. I cannot believe players really think this stuff works! It blows my mind.
It may not work on you but may have worked on other players so yeah, I'm surprised he didn't pull little Mac on you.

Revven

It may not work on you but may have worked on other players so yeah, I'm surprised he didn't pull little Mac on you.

Yeah, I know, it's because of their experience with other players that they do it. And yeah, lack of Mac really surprised me -- I was honestly expecting it after Kirby, at least. But nope. I guess he just didn't want to try it or something (or maybe he really doesn't use Mac lol).

jorgejjvr

For sure! Great games! You're really good with pretty much everyone you played, but your Little Mac and Diddy especially are quite scary! I also like how your Diddy was evolving as we played, I think by the time we finished, your style with him changed almost completely!

Anyway, we'll have to play again some time!
Yes, I tried to adapt to counter your mega man, you are the best one I have ever seen. If anyone says he ain't good I'll tell them to play you xD. Also, a lot of my problems with aerials, grabs and spacing has to do with the fact that I feel handicap with the 3ds, you have no idea how sore my fingers are right now

Azuran

Banned
Great matches Timeaisis. I have to go for now, but I had fun fighting your Mega Man. Had to think of new aproaches since straight up projectile play usually went nowhere with all that cancelling out.

Timeaisis

Great matches Timeaisis. I have to go for now, but I had fun fighting your Mega Man. Had to think of new aproaches since straight up projectile play usually went nowhere with all that cancelling out.

Well, you adapted well. Your Link is really great. Thanks for playing. :)

ceriop.png

i forgot to ask
is there a prize?

i forgot to ask
is there a prize?
Hmmm...I hadn't thought of doing one, but for future tournaments I might. I want to wait and see what features the Wii U's online will have, but I'd love to get a league going where we keep track of people's victories in tournaments long term. If we can upload replays, I'd also really like to have people place bets on who will win and such, much like the actual game does. Having an actual ranking system in place for the GAF community could be really fun.

I'm considering this a test run for future tournaments, but I'm excited to see if we can get a strong community going based around some GAF competitive play. Maybe have tournaments once a month or so, with a constructive focus on improving people's play style in between them.

Down to play for a bit again
I'm down if you are.

evanmisha

Here at the Smash 3D event in Toronto, taking some shots. Matt Ryan is here, Nintendo of Canada National Spokesperson. You guys have any questions for him you want to have asked?

Crocodile

So how have people been feeling the Mii characters? I tried a Mii Brawler the other day and while I could feel the power, it felt my limbs were out there for like DAYS. Are the Swordsman and Gunner like this as well? Did I just build my Mii wrong (though to be honest I tried a configuration as close to "neutral" as possible to test things out)?

Top Bottom