• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Timeaisis

I feel your pain... The only thing that works for me is to play defensively and go for a lot of grabs.

Yeah, same. Problem with that is I never know what to do against his specials. If he charges at me directly, I block, but then he can bounce up. From there, I can go for an aerial, but I'm usually not fast enough to punish (and he gets me first) our I can stary put, and he goes into the homing attack. If I somehow do get him off guard, he can quickly run away so it hardly matters.

Maybe I'm missing an obvious punish, but I don't see it.

GGs Spin, your Wario is definitely growing! What'd you think of my Robin? Figure I would try my hand at another bird.
Eh, I was too over reliant on the bike, got careless with dash attacks, didn't play patiently enough, and my pattern showed. Still got ways to go.

I thought your Robin was great. It's a match up that I really dislike though. :lol

Tanooki Duck Hunt Dog is quite possibly the greatest thing ever

also what is UP with my college Wi-Fi. The game ran like ass before but now suddenly it's super smooth. Make up your mind!

It's there some secret to beating Sonic? He's so fast and his specials seemingly have no lag. I don't know how to beat him with some characters...

Yeah, same. Problem with that is I never know what to do against his specials. If he charges at me directly, I block, but then he can bounce up. From there, I can go for an aerial, but I'm usually not fast enough to punish (and he gets me first) our I can stary put, and he goes into the homing attack. If I somehow do get him off guard, he can quickly run away so it hardly matters.

I find most of his moves have terrible hitboxes so you can stuff the majority of them just by putting out your own moves first. For example, if I just stick out Palutena's Jab and hold it there Sonic can't roll at me at all: if he does, it'll get beat and he ends up getting stuck in the jab sequence. He's surprisingly easy to out-range that way :3

Great games, EMB. Super scary Sheik! This next game'll probably be my last before I go get dinner!

Edit: Really sorry it had to end on that note! I'll be back later! Great games again!

GGs Rage. Nice Falco,

Later on sure. Going to do doubles with a friend right now

GGs dude, your Ness is killer as always.

I shudder to imagine what it would be like with customs...

Speaking of, I love Falco's customs. <3 Does anyone think their main could easily be da bess if one or more of their custom moves were default moves?

bigmac996

Just had someone kill themselves at the beginning of the match as soon as they saw me playing as Little Mac. This is getting ridiculous.

Why does Zelda's white-haired alt not actually have white hair in-game? :p

Just had someone kill themselves at the beginning of the match as soon as they saw me playing as Little Mac. This is getting ridiculous.
Based on the average intelligence level of Little Mac mains, maybe they were hoping you would follow them.

Revven

Sonic's always been this way, it's especially difficult online when there is connection variability. You know the Sonic is going to spam Down B/Side B but the time to react is much shorter online in general. In general, I just pick a character that has a projectile that either clashes with Sonic's spin moves or beats it outright (Doc's Pills beat it outright, Dark Pit's arrows clash with it).

Otherwise, if I lack a projectile I shield it to let him go past me and then punish him while he's clearly jumping into the air (expecting to hit you and "combo" into Nair/Bair/Fair).

However, one annoying thing I noticed about his spins in this game is that they can brake right on your shield and be practically safe unless you have a good OoS option like Bowser Up B. Whereas in Brawl, I don't remember that being possible let alone safe to do (but it also could be just the online environment again, as I mentioned earlier).

If it were offline, I'd imagine Sonic's spins are significantly easier to deal with & react to accordingly.

BY2K

Membero Americo
kcsrki.png

Aw yeah!

I can't believe how much Duck Hunt's playstyle resonates with me holy crap. That duo has been the most fun I've had with any character in Smash, and I play Melee Marth

I can't believe how much Duck Hunt's playstyle resonates with me holy crap. That duo has been the most fun I've had with any character in Smash, and I play Melee Marth

I HATE MARTH SO FUCKING MUCH

I WANT HIM TO CHOKE ON HIS FALCHION

I know that feel bro, when you find that one character that just feels right, makes the whole world seem better. Thank goodness for Falco. <3

Yeah, he's definitely brining a lot of new stuff to the table. I know he's got some similarities to Snake, but really is his own breed of fighter.

...I'll pretend that pun was on purpose.

bigmac996

Based on the average intelligence level of Little Mac mains, maybe they were hoping you would follow them.

Very true haha. While he's not my main, I enjoy playing as him now and then. But yeah, it's fun baiting the Macs to the edge and waiting for their forward-bs.

I think they wanted you to win because they are anti-McDonald's and refuse to do business with a Big Mac.

That explains everything! Hahaha. Can't believe I never made this connection.

I'm curious how you know this was the reason?

I can only assume, but the I had played a few matches as different characters beforehand with no issues, and suddenly 2 suicides right off the bat. The player then was ready to fight again as a different character. Maybe it was an accident? Looked very deliberate to me.

Top Bottom