• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Lol, whoever this David was on For Glory just now. Fuck you. So fuck you.
Here I am 6 matches in barely getting the first KO. But that's not the worst part. Every time I lost, he picked the last character I picked and 2-stocked me each time.
Fuck you. Blocked like that. Worst kind of person.

Symphonic

Here I am 6 matches in barely getting the first KO. But that's not the worst part. Every time I lost, he picked the last character I picked and 2-stocked me each time.

Sounds fair to me. Why continue playing with him if he was obviously above your skill level?

I see, thanks. IIRC, Lucina is just a straight up Marth clone that can deal more damage right? I usually dislike clone characters, but in Smash they tend to have differences that make me like them.
Lucina is basically Marth without the tipper mechanics, and also less safe on block for some reason. Unfortunately, Dark Part is exactly the same as Pit except for the three moves I mentioned (and final smash), but the arrows is a pretty big part of Pit's metagame, so it is a significant enough difference I'd say. Probably match up dependent.

To summarize: you played, and he beat you. That makes him the worst? Almost everyone eventually picks Bowser against me. I don't see how it is offensive.

To summarize: you played, and he beat you. That makes him the worst? Almost everyone eventually picks Bowser against me. I don't see how it is offensive.

i think what makes him the worse is that he'd pick the character he just lost with and dave would bust his ass with said character. basically taunting him in a way

Jaeger

I am still jumping for joy that my absolute favorite Smash character is coming back! He was the only thing I needed for this to be the perfect iteration of smash Bros.!

Now I feel like Heath when he got DHD.

I know someone who picked Wario against me and tried to spam the bike because it got them every time. Didn't work well for them though.

I always see FG players going for Mac after a few matches and then quitting when they lose. =/

I am still jumping for joy that my absolute favorite Smash character is coming back! He was the only thing I needed for this to be the perfect iteration of smash Bros.!

Now I feel like Heath when he got DHD.

we didn't get our babes on release but at least he's coming. better late than never, right?

i think what makes him the worse is that he'd pick the character he just lost with and dave would bust his ass with said character. basically taunting him in a way
Sometimes, if my opponent is unskilled, I will pick their character to try and show them some things. There is no voice chat, so I can't communicate this. I mostly do it in Marvel since I can play most of the cast.

k_hop

Arrows that can K.O?? What's the downside to that? :p plus it goes through Luma, that's the ultimate Rosalina counter!

Downside is firing them anywhere less than fully nocked gives them poor distance, so their utility as a quick-fire zoning tool is greatly reduced

Masked Man

I said wow
Basically it counts as a jump. None of Palutena's aerials have landing lag, so no. :p

I thought that had been disconfirmed? I'd be thrilled if it's true, of course.

I'm not studying atm so I can't play for a couple days but watch this:

http://www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator/b/581477902

Starting at 3:22:26, Aerolink plays his heart out with default Palutena and crushes nerds.

Can't wait to watch! I love watching people slay with Palutena. I've run into a couple of really solid players on FG, and I made sure to save the videos. :3

I thought that had been disconfirmed? I'd be thrilled if it's true, of course.

Can't wait to watch! I love watching people slay with Palutena. I've run into a couple of really solid players on FG, and I made sure to save the videos. :3
I meant in terms of how the game handles the move. It doesn't replace your jump, if you read me like that.

Cedric

Between fighting you and Neki, I'm starting to think Link is Rosalina's worst matchup. I can't counter his projectiles easily (because down B attracts bombs instead of absorbing, and the fact that the custom moves goes through Luma doesn't help either), forcing me to approach the other player and get punished. Doesn't help that it's super hard to K.O. with her, especially when the opponent is heavier.

Fairly certain I've handed David his ass a few times. He became salty and picked my character, then left when I beat him.

Mumei

I'm wondering: Why is it that I can never get my neutral moves to fully connect? I'm talking about the neutral jab attacks that hit multiple times, with a final hit that launches away. When I'm hit by them, I never get out of them; when I do them against other people I always leave myself vulnerable because they drop out of it. This happened to me against Karsticles a lot and I found it really frustrating.

I'd love to turn off tap jump so as to use up tilt (and directional side tilt/smash), but it's too ingrained in my reflexes. I would get killed so fast offstage without it.

I'm wondering: Why is it that I can never get my neutral moves to fully connect? I'm talking about the neutral jab attacks that hit multiple times, with a final hit that launches away. When I'm hit by them, I never get out of them; when I do them against other people I always leave myself vulnerable because they drop out of it. This happened to me against Karsticles a lot and I found it really frustrating.
I think it depends on the character and positioning. Like, Diddy's jab is TERRIBLE, I never ever hit with it even if they're close, whereas I consistently get Mac's. Fox is another one with a bad jab combo.

Are you holding the button down or manually rapid tapping the button?
If you throw out a jab and it connects you can just hold the button to do the repeated jabs and the finisher will come out when you let go.
If you throw out a jab and it doesn't connect, holding it won't go into a flurry, but you can repeatedly press it once or twice more on some characters and hold on the last press to 'rev it up' if you want XD

Also, some character's jab streams are more reliable than others :p

edit: ok so I went and tried some characters outside of my usual suspects and it seems jabs operate quite differently for different characters even for the holding action. It seems that if you hold jab on little mac it'll continue jabbing whether you hit or not. Zelda can't keep jabbing without a target at all (no manual revving). Seems the method i described only works for Palutena for the few people I've tried XD

On the upside, it seems that Zelda gets an option select out of this: if you hold jab and then hold shield, if there's no target you'll do a jab then immediately go into shield. If it connects, however, you'll keep jabbing until they're pushed out of range and then immediately go into shield... interesting :3

k_hop

Between fighting you and Neki, I'm starting to think Link is Rosalina's worst matchup. I can't counter his projectiles easily (because down B attracts bombs instead of absorbing, and the fact that the custom moves goes through Luma doesn't help either), forcing me to approach the other player and get punished. Doesn't help that it's super hard to K.O. with her, especially when the opponent is heavier.

Yeah, I've never had much trouble with Rosalinas online, even without customs. Match-up seems pretty good for Link, she can nullify his zoning but she can't really counter it so I can always just mix up my approach between projectiles. ggs btw

Cedric

GGs k_hop, sorry couldn't be more of a challenge lol! Play you some time again, I'll figure out this match-up!

edit: I'm down for a final batch of matches before I call it quits for the night, anyone wanna 1v1 For Glory style?

Nabster92

GGs k_hop, sorry couldn't be more of a challenge lol! Play you some time again, I'll figure out this match-up!

edit: I'm down for a final batch of matches before I call it quits for the night, anyone wanna 1v1 For Glory style?

I'll play. Rosalina Dittos?!?!?

Blues1990

After practicing a butt load, I was able to get a 10 KO streak as Mega Man in 1 VS 1. The most difficult opponents were the Zero Suit Samus & Rosalina players, but I was able to hold my own.

k_hop

I feel like you can dismantle my game if you just recognize when I go on the approach and find an option to beat my Nair reliably, lol. That's all I feel like I really have against characters I can't zone sufficiently. Oh, and use that reflector or whatever against my projectiles, you might not be able to do anything with them but it keeps them from being as much of an option for me.

Cedric

Sorry Nasbter, I didn't mean to jump into that I swear lol It went jump a instead of smash a

also, you're destroying me. 2 Lumas is hella confusing though, this is my first time playing another Rosalina (as hard as it is to believe).

ttony678

Neo Member
Long time lurker here. Anyone care to 1v1? Trying really hard to master Peach but been getting destroyed on For Glory. 1607-3990-4083

Going through the matches from Friday on Tourney Locator and this happens:

Kirby/Toon Link Double KO (sound warning)

Holy heck! At first I thought some bug just meant kirby had got a bit over-exuberant with his throw, until the commentators were nice enough to explain what the heck happened XD

Sorry Nasbter, I didn't mean to jump into that I swear lol It went jump a instead of smash a

also, you're destroying me. 2 Lumas is hella confusing though, this is my first time playing another Rosalina (as hard as it is to believe).
Yeah, the one time I ended up in a Rosa mirror I kept getting our Lumas mixed up. Especially when you spawn ones of the same colour. Needs the player indicator on the luma or something XD
Just imagine an 8 player match with all Rosalinas :p

Top Bottom