• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Does Charizard suck or do I suck using him?

Any time I do an attack he falls off the stage and cannot get back on lol

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Things I need to learn to do in this game:

1. Not SD
2. Everything else

I feel like over 90% of my deaths are entirely my fault. Especially the ones at sub-10% damage.......

Kangi

I like how the Pac-Man CPU will just blindly cycle through his B fruits while he falls to his death.

I'm not sure if that's better than how Ike will dive to his death to edgeguard you.

I just had the best series of matches with this For Glory player. His Link and Fox game was ridiculous. He made my Pit game even better as a result. If anyone knows a Mii named Myk please let me know.

I wrote a post explaining the stage selection screen order over at my blog.

TL;DR: Essentially, the stages are in the order the series was first made playable in the Smash series, with hidden characters being last. Wii U is different though with F-Zero being placed in between Metroid and Yoshi.

Neki

Well, so much for my tournament run. Next time I won't post videos so that the guy can study and counter-pick me.
You're definitely too reliant on nair and power bow kills, Rob is just better at aerials and his custom basically nullified your power bow, I definitely would have switched to the regular bow at that point

DaBoss

I am really getting tired of the circle pad. Now I can't even up-smash out of dash reliably.

Seems like my Circle Pad is pretty much worn out.

I am really getting tired of the circle pad. Now I can't even up-smash out of dash reliably.

Seems like my Circle Pad is pretty much worn out.
I think all characters will play better with a controller. Don't get me wrong I love the 3ds version but the circle pad has helped in my losses.

emb

I have the hardest time dropping shield and doing Fsmashes rather than ftilt. Lost some matches because of it the other night; the Fsmash would have finished it, but I flubbed the input.

Though that's more of a timing/me being bad issue than a circle pad thing.

I have the hardest time dropping shield and doing Fsmashes rather than ftilt. Lost some matches because of it the other night; the Fsmash would have finished it, but I flubbed the input.

I've tried rolling backwards and my circle pad would instead do a spot dodge even though I'm pressing back plus shield.

emb

I'm tired of big stages. I hate ever seeing it go to Wario Ware Ω because I know I'll barely be able to see what's going on.

(Even though the Wii U has bigger stages, it will probably not be an actual issue with a much larger screen. Even now it'd be fine if I used the XL.)

k_hop

You're definitely too reliant on nair and power bow kills, Rob is just better at aerials and his custom basically nullified your power bow, I definitely would have switched to the regular bow at that point

What do you see in the regular bow? I don't think it's a good move at all. I use it to nullify the opponent's approach and give myself different windows to react to them from, but that's all it's really good for. It never kills. It's so weak that it's unsafe on hit if you do it too close at low %. It's like sending out little mosquitoes to irritate your opponent--it's not formidable as an option for forcing your opponent to respect it.

SuperSah

Banned
I'm tired of big stages. I hate ever seeing it go to Wario Ware Ω because I know I'll barely be able to see what's going on.

(Even though the Wii U has bigger stages, it will probably not be an actual issue with a much larger screen. Even now it'd be fine if I used the XL.)

Really? I find it easy to read on an OG.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
ieYm72RV9RMfm.JPG

Quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog?

DaBoss

Yea, it is annoying playing on the Omega WarioWare stage.

Another thing, go play on a stage with a black/dark background (Balloon Fight) and then use Bowser Jr's cannonball attack. It is basically impossible to see lol. Contrast isn't very good.
----------------

My circle pad problems most likely have come from the fact that my CP is busted already and it is just worn out. At least it will only affect Smash (and maybe Monster Hunter).
ieYm72RV9RMfm.JPG

Quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog?
lol

Falawful

This is my most common mistake on the 3DS version, too. Part of it is that I try not to hit the circle pad too hard for fear of it eventually snapping off. The trade-off is that being gentle with your inputs often results in a tilt when you wanted a smash, haha.

Though if it happens to me/us in the U version as well, that'll confirm it's just user error.

Anyone up for a few rounds? Code in profile, I'll be online in a couple min.

Top Bottom