• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I did that and was pleased with the outcome. I feel like ZSS really needs to put in blood, sweat, and tears to do some meaty damage, while others need a mere swipe or two. But that makes it all the more rewarding.

Air Combos. And fast attacks. That's what ZSS does best. Down B can also provide mixups since you can either land on a enemy and force them down a bit in the air or bury them on the ground, or land a kick for decent damage.

Of course with how wonderful the 3DS Circle Pad is...

Air Combos. And fast attacks. That's what ZSS does best. Down B can also provide mixups since you can either land on a enemy and force them down a bit in the air or bury them on the ground, or land a kick for decent damage.

Of course with how wonderful the 3DS Circle Pad is...
Yeah, that's what I've been doing. I love when Down + B can be hard for some to predict the outcome of. I've finally been working the whip in there, too, to mix things up. Most of my aerial combos are successful, (or sometimes at a high enough %, I'll do a Down + B to get people stuck in the ground, Down + A to stun, and then side + A as a finisher), but the pad definitely makes things...trickier. Especially when I fire the in Paralyzer in the wrong direction. :| I'm sitting at a ~90% win rate so far, but I can only see it going down.

I can't take these dropped inputs anymore, though.

Thorakai

I just went on a horrible losing streak with Ike. Somebody make me feel better by telling me I just suck and need to practice more and it has little to do with the character.

I just went on a horrible losing streak with Ike. Somebody make me feel better by telling me I just suck and need to practice more and it has little to do with the character.
You suck and need more practice, and it has little to do with the character.

In all seriousness, share a replay with us.

Good counterpick against (some) projectile characters, ass in any other matchup.
I would love to see a recording of your Villager play, Beef.

I think you can punish that move with just about anything after blocking it.

Apparently if you block Rosalina's Jab you can also get a free fsmash. Supposedly.
I read that as well, but Rosalina players don't jab me often.

ReiGun

Is there not a single good Kirby player anywhere in the world?

Also, tried Rosalina today. I can't protect Luma for shit lol.

Also, tried Rosalina today. I can't protect Luma for shit lol.

Like I said. Anyone demanding that she only have one or a set number of Lumas per stock, clearly hasn't played as Rosalina even casually :p
Luma will die. It's best not to get too attached to any of them ;D

ReiGun

Like I said. Anyone demanding that she only have one or a set number of Lumas per stock, clearly hasn't played as Rosalina even casually :p
Luma will die. It's best not to get too attached to any of them ;D

Pretty much. Even just learning to use Luma shot in-match means accepting the little buggers are gonna die. Probably a lot. Good thing Rosey isn't terrible without them.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
What are some of the easy/difficult/fun matchups for you guys?

Main: Ness

Absolute Nightmares:

Little Mac - Too Fast.Too Strong.
Zelda - Reflect and teleport just shut me down.
Link/tlink - Spam spam spam spam spam
DK - That range is stupid.
Pac-Man - stupid hydrant and fruits.
Pit - So bad against both versions.

Fare well against:

Palutena - I only lost to one person in For Glory so far (she whopped me good though)
Bowser - Scary but I seem to come out on top more often than not.
Ness - Don't come across them too often, but I seem to do well against them.
Wario - I find that him weirdly predictable. Maybe I haven't played enough Warios.
Robin - PSI Magnet fuel.

Always epic tilts against:

Sheik - hate the needles, love the low percent KOability
Greninja - hate the shurikens, love the low percent KO. Sucks to play on dark stages though.
Samus - Pretty even. Lots of mind games with missiles and shots.
Mario - always fun, scary spike, great aerial battles.

ReiGun

Main: Peach

"This is my hell."

Yoshi: Does he just not have to block? It's just constant offense with this guy.
Sonic: 2fast4me. I even play the character and I can't figure out this matchup.
Link: Walls of projectiles. I can't even.
Toon Link: See above.
Villager: Not as bad as the others, honestly. He's just here because he's annoying.
Pikachu: So fucking annoying. Fuck this guy. He's my favorite Pokemon too. :(
Jigglypuff: If a Jiggs player is even a little good, I get merked.
ROB: Man...what?

"I wish I got to fight this character more."
Sheik: The few times I've gotten to fight Sheik have been a blast.
Diddy: Same as Sheik. I haven't fought many, but it's a really cool match.
Pac-Man: I've only fought two good ones. Both times I lost more than I won, but I loved trying to figure this character out.
Wii Fit Trainer: I've fought one. It was a blast. I think partially because I play the character too.

"This shit is free."
Kirby: Why do all Kirby players suck? How many times am I gonna have to punish Down B before you figure out it's a bad idea?
Bowser: Even the good Bowser players seem to struggle. This might just be a bad matchup.
Ganondorf: Same as Bowser. Though Ganon tends to perform better against my Peach than Bowser.
Lucina: I body almost every Lucina I fight.

"Yawn."
Deedeedee: Peach v DDD is boring as hell, man.
Little Mac: If I never play against another Little Mac again, I'll count it a blessing. Even the good ones are an absolute bore to fight.
Robin: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Duck Hunt: double zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"Run it back."
Rosalina: I still think this is a bad match up for Peach, but damn if it isnt one of the most fun bad matchups ever.
Greninja: I go even with most Greninja players and they're some of my favorite matches.
The Mario Bros: Same as Greninja. Mario players are a blast.
Ness: I love that Ness is good now. So much to figure out.

Main: Wario

Disjointed hitbox hell (aka screw these guys):
Marth: Outranges me for free
Lucina: Basically a worse Marth but still annoying.
Robin: Oh yay finally got in on Rob-god dammit wario why do you have shit range
Ike: Walls of Nair just isn't fair.
Peach: Not disjointed but she's the only one that could challenge Wario in the air and I don't like it

Actually pretty fun
Rosalina: Trying to space with the bike against Rosalina to get rid of Luma is actually fun. Feels so rewarding to just ram through Luma and then have Rosalina on her own in which can't really do much against Wario.
Ness: Pretty fun aerial battle. Wario absolutely wins in the neutral game but I still have to be careful not to let Ness in an advantageous position.
Little Mac: Good Macs are pretty fun to play against with Wario. It demands the best out of him in a sense.
Jigglypuff: Mostly because Wario pretty much beats her options. Wario is the real aerial king, Puff.

Boring:
Duck Hunt Dog: Mostly spamming and me having to resort to using the bike all the time because it just blocks his projectiles. Though gotta be careful of the can.
Link: Same as the above.
Robin: ANNOYING AND BORING

Bite baits:
Bowser: Huge hurtbox. Bite.
DK: Huge hurtbox. Bite
Charizard: Huge hurtbox. Bite
King Dedede: Huge hurtbox. Bite.

zruben

Banned
Main: Mega Man

Absolute Nightmares:
Zelda - Fucking B neutral
Fox and Falco - that damn shield, and I can't counter their projectiles with mine.
Rosalina - She basically wins every aerial or direct confrontation and the stupid Luma always kill my projectiles. hate her.

Fare well against:
Palutena - She has a good reflector shield, but it's slow enough to avoid using projectiles
Captain Falcon - easy to break his combos
Bowser - Easy to keep at bay, but dangerous if he ever get close
Ganondorf - See Bowser.
Jigglypuff - VERY easy to bait into eating a Megabuster

Always epic tilts against:
Ness - It's always epic, I don't know why, Ness players are always too focused and dedicated, also, I have to be extra careful to not refill his HP with a Mega buster.
DHD - great projectile games
Other Mega Men - It's just crazy
Mario and Dr. Mario - very intense matches, and I always need to be cautious about that damn cape
Samus - epic projectile + aerial fights

Free wins:
Little Mac - too easy to keep him at bay, useless in air
Dedede - too easy to keep at bay + returning his gordos using metal blade is super easy
Sonic - most of his speed attacks can be stopped with regular bullets
ZSS - Every ZSS players I find online follow the same script, really easy to figure out

Top Bottom