• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

So, guys, how exactly do you fight Ness with a bigger character like DK?

I was playing Shamrock earlier and got wrecked. I couldn't quite figure out how to approach his Ness since fair and PK fiya both were connecting really well on DK and Fair made aerial approaches nearly impossible. (outsped, outprioritized)

If the goal is to go "full mac" and do my absolute best to keep my feet planted to the ground how do I deal with the PK fires other than "read them and block them"?
Probably best to used DK's tilt. Ness is really prone up close.

But who am I to talk, I got wrecked too lol

Jawmuncher

I know i'll be the odd one out but man i'm already feeling bored by the roster.
I'm just not connecting with characters even if I like the game their from.
Little Mac is there but it just doesn't feel right when I play him with friends.

Man I really hope we get some cool DLC. I need a character to really call my own with friends.

Unbounded

Little Mac is there but it just doesn't feel right when I play him with friends.

Man I really hope we get some cool DLC. I need a character to really call my own with friends.

Make a Mii?

guek

Banned

I'm in love with Shulk, though I'm not sure if he's good enough to main. I'm expecting some really fun DLC.

I'm holding out hope for bayonetta :p

Mine01

You just want snake in :p.

A friend of mine is refusing to play it cause snake is out lol.

Anyway, anyone up for 1v1?
FC:1349-7097-9961

Unbounded

Pkfire has a slow start up so block it. That's the one thing I'm confident about against Ness.

Pk thunder on the other hand...

Good to know.

Yeah no I have no clue how to deal with thunder.

My current strat against Ness users is to shieldgrab them into oblivion until I can get the upper hand. If they're directly overhead I'm in good shape since both utilt and uair are fast, have high priority, and hit pretty hard.

Jawmuncher

Make a Mii?

I tried. I don't like the look of them and not a fan of all 3 styles.
This is the same thing that happened to me with Melee. I liked it well enough but none of the characters I ever felt connected to. Odd to say but i'm always about really liking one character in a fighting game.

I'm in love with Shulk, though I'm not sure if he's good enough to main. I'm expecting some really fun DLC.

I'm holding out hope for bayonetta :p

I'm going to mess with shulk some more.
I was doing pretty well. But you get punished so easily with the Monado Arts.

You just want snake in :p.

A friend of mine is refusing to play it cause snake is out lol.

I know. I wouldn't be saying anything if he was back.
I was just hoping that out of all the newcomers I would find someone to fill the hole.
Shame the closest thing is Duck Hunt Dog and that's pushing it.

ffdgh

Yep! You can destroy Classic mode with it lol.

Master core didn't stand a chance. I got so many critical hits On him.
lol.gif

Mistle

i feel the opposite. this is the first smash bros where i don't have a main yet- not because i don't like anybody, but because i can't choose. i generally play somebody new every match, which is very different from how I used to play

I actually had a character crisis yesterday too. Wario and Snake were my mains in Brawl, and one of them is cut. I thought Wario was boring here in comparison to Brawl so I tried finding someone else, but I just ended up missing Wario's playstyle and am now getting used this iteration of him and having lots of fun.

Were there any other characters you liked in Brawl other than Snake?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just did my first Online match against Little Mac...ugh. It's just unfun, because the dude wins, but all he does is the same shit over and over.

I was Alph. I...I don't think there's anyway to win with him, because it's impossible to pick Pikmin on Final Destination when Little Mac's got you cornered.

Please, tell me, how does Alph counter Little Mac on a flat stage?

DrStiles

Finally managed to beat Classic on lvl 9. Took a little bit of practicing the dodges for Master Core but Charizard and rock smash eventually sealed the deal. Rest of these challenges just seem like grinds than actual challenging feats, but it'll be a fun grind.

mStudios

Just did my first Online match against Little Mac...ugh. It's just unfun, because the dude wins, but all he does is the same shit over and over.

I was Alph. I...I don't think there's anyway to win with him, because it's impossible to pick Pikmin on Final Destination when Little Mac's got you cornered.

Play against the little mac cpu on lvl 9

ffdgh

Hmm...You certainly have range on your side with his grab, pikmin throw, side and down smashes. Use them as much as you can lol.

Jawmuncher

i feel the opposite. this is the first smash bros where i don't have a main yet- not because i don't like anybody, but because i can't choose. i generally play somebody new every match, which is very different from how I used to play
Yeah for most people the roster really is the best it's ever been.

I actually had a character crisis yesterday too. Wario and Snake were my mains in Brawl, and one of them is cut. I thought Wario was boring here in comparison to Brawl so I tried finding someone else, but I just ended up missing Wario's playstyle and am now getting used this iteration of him and having lots of fun.

Were there any other characters you liked in Brawl other than Snake?

Ike was the only other character I really enjoyed in Brawl.
I'm just going to go about trying a few others and seeing how it goes.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Picked Ganondorf online just to be a different...and I end up fighting a Ganondorf!

He literally KILLS ME in like 15 seconds before I can hit him. Then I surprise him with a Warlock Punch, and he messes up his recovery and dies. Then he comes back, and kills me like in 3 seconds.

I...I want to reach that level.

Hmm...You certainly have range on your side with his grab, pikmin throw, side and down smashes. Use them as much as you can lol.

Little Mac basically kills all the Pikmin within seconds, and then kills me before I can pick any more.

I don't play Olimar but he can attack far out of Mac's range. I could be giving bad advice but I would just dot him with Pikmin while playing evasively. Play around the edges and you could possibly make them self destruct. As for same shit over and over, I'm running into that a lot online with other characters as well. Stuff like side-B Dededes and Counter/Substitute only players

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I ended up edge guard slapping Mii's in Cruel Smash to kill all those lamers with one Warlock Punch. Take that you 4 KO Cruel Smash challenge.

SmithnCo

Ironic that the guy with the laggiest connection I've ever experienced played as Sonic. Why can't I quit these awful lagfest matches without a ban...

Top Bottom