• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Masked Man

I said wow
Same here! I feel the exact same way, i am playing with EVERYONE constantly to hopefully find someone else I can beast with, I can play GOOD with a couple of characters don't get me wrong, but I just 'get' Mac, and I honestly just beast with him, and no I'm not just doing dash attacks randomly, I play smart with him. I will continue on my hunt to be good with other characters - I'm looking at you Diddy Kong - but for now if I am going to play my best it will be with Mac, which in a way it makes me feel bad because of the stereotype he carries - love him tho

I totally understand! I love Palutena and DHD, and Robin and the Koopalings have been a lot of fun to play, but Mac is the one newcomer who just "clicks." I've still got a lot to learn, of course, but I just love the way he plays.

That said, it's sad because he's carried such a stigma ever since the overseas release. I don't really see that many Macs on the JP side, and I don't think people feel his strengths have been as sensationalized as they have been in the US. I haven't heard anyone call for Mac to get nerfed over here. He already has a lot of pretty glaring weaknesses as-is, but I'm nonetheless afraid that he's going to be worthless in Smash 6 because of how vocal the US community is...

Nevertheless, I've been waiting for years to play as Mac, and I'm determined to enjoy Smash 4/5 with him! :D

Fun set of matches makai. Your villager is pretty damn good. I think my PAC-man is getting better and man, I'm really liking mii fighter

jorgejjvr

I totally understand! I love Palutena and DHD, and Robin and the Koopalings have been a lot of fun to play, but Mac is the one newcomer who just "clicks." I've still got a lot to learn, of course, but I just love the way he plays.

That said, it's sad because he's carried such a stigma ever since the overseas release. I don't really see that many Macs on the JP side, and I don't think people feel his strengths have been as sensationalized as they have been in the US. I haven't heard anyone call for Mac to get nerfed over here. He already has a lot of pretty glaring weaknesses as-is, but I'm nonetheless afraid that he's going to be worthless in Smash 6 because of how vocal the US community is...

Nevertheless, I've been waiting for years to play as Mac, and I'm determined to enjoy Smash 4/5 with him! :D
Likewise man, I'm really glad you understand, we are on the same boat. And surprisingly enough, Mac playstyle is not the one I'm used to funny enough, I would play as olimar in brawl and in smash 4 I initially found pacman, and rosalina very interesting. I've been the kind of person that for some reason love people that can have some range or are just weird and completely different from others. That' why I actually left Mac for last and was not even interested in playing him. But when I did... Oh boy I saw the potential, and playing other macs online I thought to myself 'they are doing this, this and this wrong, and this could be improved like this' etc. So I thought what the heck, I feel like I can do better with him. And now I love him and try to perfect him, he has many issues, and I'm glad people have figured him out because he is actually easy to beat. That means I have to play differently, I also feel like I am destroying my 3ds while playing with him haha soooo many inputs, and I have to somehow make up for my recovery and lack of air game, as a mac player it can actually be really frustrating with all these weaknesses, let's not forget platforms, but overcoming those things is what makes him a blast to play with. Hopefully the stereotype goes away

Sarobi

Banned
Guys I need some help on this decision. I really want upgrade my 3DS to an XL version before buying this, but I'm kind of being held back by the thought of the New 3DS coming next year. Do you guys think it would be worth waiting for?

Blizzard

Banned
Blizzard i'm in the mood for 1v1s now but i can play you in a little bit
I checked your stream site but you weren't streaming.

A couple of online features that would be nice for Smash (3DS or otherwise):
* Button to friend-request the last person you played with, for when you find someone of equal skill, or very good sportsmanship, with very little lag. If the system were to block repeated requests there should be no risk of harassment, and anyone can just turn the request down if they want. Messages after matches would be bad because you would get rage inbox harassment, but you should know when you get the friend request whether that person seemed nice or not.

* Option to ping people on your friends list with "Hey, want to play?" Or maybe even an invite button. In theory I imagine there's a way to send your friends messages through the basic 3DS system, but would that show up while you're sitting idle at the Smash online menu? It's sad when you're sitting there, you SEE someone is online, but there's no way to ask if they want to play or not.

* Along the lines of that last one, an option to set a status. "Away" or "Looking for game" etc. At its most basic it could be a little symbol, or a colored circle like in League of Legends.

I can't touch you, your Ness especially. I can't believe how safe PK Thunder is, including PK Thunder 2.

That landing lag has really buffed PK2. Yea man, just work on your spacing a bit. The reason I had some trouble with your village is because a lot of your moves had little punishing lag afterwards. I really had to work to get some attacks on you.

Unbounded

So I literally just learned mid-fight that mii gunner's absorb slows down the speed of their aerial movement.

I.E. I was jumping up, it slowed my ascension, I was falling, it slowed my decension.

Cedric

If Rosalina down Bs Ness's PK thunder, does that make him go into free fall, or does he get a second PK thunder? If he can't recover from that, Rosalina destroys Ness.

leroidys

I know i'll be the odd one out but man i'm already feeling bored by the roster.
I'm just not connecting with characters even if I like the game their from.
Little Mac is there but it just doesn't feel right when I play him with friends.

Man I really hope we get some cool DLC. I need a character to really call my own with friends.
I agree, but even though 90% of the new characters don't appeal to me, most of them are extremely fun to play
except Palutena

so many Sheiks on For Glory

so many goddamn Sheiks
I really need to start trying out Sheik since she was one of my favorites in the past, but I've kind of got a good thing going with ZSS. (77 wins, 0 losses.) I'm literally a breath away from losing it, though, and have come close to it so many times. My hands get super sweaty with anxiety. One time I SD'd at 20% but still managed to win (barely). Karma will come and snatch away from my hands that which I do not deserve.

If Rosalina down Bs Ness's PK thunder, does that make him go into free fall, or does he get a second PK thunder? If he can't recover from that, Rosalina destroys Ness.

I've heard that Rosalina potentially has an advantage over Ness, but I have yet to play a good Rosalina, so I dunno

Good matches michael (cant remember your forum name sorry man), even tough you were facerolling me lol.

Good games! Won't deny we had a bit of chop, but you're the best Greninja I've fought so far. Got some good matchup experience there. Always gotta be on the lookout for that sneaky shadow.

javadoze

So I just unlocked (don't know if this is a spoiler or not, but just in case)
Challenge Panel 3
and I wonder if anyone can recommend which challenges I should hammer?

trutrutru

Anybody down for a few matches with a luigi main?

1478-4490-4532

not looking for a crazy long set or anything..maybe like first to 10 wins as a maximum amount of matches

I also use ganon, DK, Bowser, shiek (a little), and Falco (a little)

I'll play anyone, but would prefer more experienced players

I just spent 3 hours in For Glory get my Rosalina's ass handed to me. Is there any sort of matchmaking sorting by skill? Yesterday I got only really easy games and jacked up my W/L ratio, and today I'm facing nonstop monsters. Captain Falcon doesn't give you enough time to breath let along think!

Anybody down for a few matches with a luigi main?

1478-4490-4532

not looking for a crazy long set or anything..maybe like first to 10 wins as a maximum amount of matches

I also use ganon, DK, Bowser, shiek (a little), and Falco (a little)

I'll play anyone, but would prefer more experienced players

I'll play ya. FC = 0688-5933-2030

Neiteio

I just spent 3 hours in For Glory get my Rosalina's ass handed to me. Is there any sort of matchmaking sorting by skill? Yesterday I got only really easy games and jacked up my W/L ratio, and today I'm facing nonstop monsters. Captain Falcon doesn't give you enough time to breath let along think!
Sakurai said in the April Direct there is matchmaking based on your records. So I imagine what's happening is you're matched with a string of opponents that don't give you much of a challenge, you accumulate all these wins... and then all of the sudden the game bumps you up to a higher tier against tougher opponents. They, in turn, will pile up your losses, and soon enough you'll find yourself in the lower tier fighting a string of weaker opponents again.

Sakurai said in the April Direct there is matchmaking based on your records. So I imagine what's happening is you're matched with a string of opponents that don't give you much of a challenge, you accumulate all these wins... and then all of the sudden the game bumps you up to a higher tier against tougher opponents. They, in turn, will pile up your losses, and soon enough you'll find yourself in the lower tier fighting a string of weaker opponents again.

Thanks, that would explain what's going on. I can't improve unless I'm playing really good players, but at the same time For Glory has a way of making me really salty.

Top Bottom