• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Boney

Banned
Today I learned Fox's jab combo isn't actually very difficult and everyone has been lying about it in the hopes that it won't get nerfed.

GGs Boney. I hate our connection. </3
Good games honey bunny. Sadly that's what you're gonna get from me :(

Was pretty rusty as I hadn't played in a while. But you were surprisingly good with a lot of the cast. Was hoping to sneak a Greninja rematch in there though :p

Phone died so I was incomunicado

Beats

Good, well thought-out costumes which reference the character's games? Insta-buy.

Shitty, lazy costumes, like a new hat or new color? Nope.

Mii costumes suck cause I pretty much never use miis, not even in casuals with friends.

ya, if there were any costumes I'd prefer stuff like alt costumes from the character's games or maybe original redesigns from guest character designers (dunno if people would be down with that, but I guess it depends who they are).

Thulius

I don't know. Somebody pick me a character.

Play Pikachu, he's like a safer easier Greninja that kills slightly later
without customs
but it doesn't matter because everything you do to rack up damage is safe.

Also I'm going to bed but we should play sometime if you're looking to fight another Greninja.

TWILT

Banned
Just so you know Snacks, I really don't appreciate you quitting in the middle of the match when things seem bleak earlier. Sometimes you just gotta never give up, y'know?

I tried to play Pikachu today but feel like I'm underutilized Quick Attack.

I liked Greninja again for about a month when I was getting significantly better at the game, but instead of getting better as you play him it feels more and more like he's clunky and flawed.

I tried to play Pikachu today but feel like I'm underutilized Quick Attack.

I liked Greninja again for about a month when I was getting significantly better at the game, but instead of getting better as you play him it feels more and more like he's clunky and flawed.
No character has it all!
Except for Sheik.

Greninja is less flexible than Pikachu, but he also has significantly larger hitboxes on his attacks. Pikachu doesn't even have a "spacing game" to work with.

I don't feel like spacing means very much in this game when your only "spacing" move doesn't even KO until 130% at the ledge.

I don't know. I thought Greninja would be good enough but lately it doesn't feel that way at all, and it hurts even more knowing he used to be actually, definitely good and he was nerfed before anyone had even the slightest idea how the game works.

I don't feel like spacing means very much in this game when your only "spacing" move doesn't even KO until 130% at the ledge.

I don't know. I thought Greninja would be good enough but lately it doesn't feel that way at all, and it hurts even more knowing he used to be actually, definitely good and he was nerfed before anyone had even the slightest idea how the game works.
I feel like you run into a lot of bad stuff still. IMO, work on that, and then see how you feel about him. There have been times you've lost an entire stock to Shadow Ball, and even when you play the evasive game you tend to jump into Shadow Ball a lot. Work on that control!

Recall that you said Greninja didn't have an answer to Shadow Ball, but when we swapped characters I don't think Shadow Ball was even a factor for my Greninja.

TWILT

Banned
Next one will be my last for the night.

EDIT: GGs Snacks. I wish you stuck with characters that gave me a lot of trouble more, but that's up to you I suppose. I know things can be a tad frustrating sometimes, but don't be too hard on yourself. I thought your Greninja did pretty well.

Ness is my brother's character and I played Lucas, so I don't feel like I can ever commit to Ness. I'll see how Lucas goes, I guess. I'm definitely not going to be playing Sonic.

Obviously I don't normally quit. But even with stale moves, seeing Greninja fail to KO even at 170% was infuriating. Especially against Robin, who can KO off of a jab at 100%. It's more upsetting than any stupid video game has any right to be.

If you're going to take a break from Greninja, Sheik would fit you good.

I just got bored of her really quickly.

Well, I never got upset playing Falco. If anything I think he's underrated. But playing Greninja makes me so irrationally angry.
I think part of it is that some characters are a lot of work to play right. There are times where I feel like you are really maximizing Greninja's potential, and you are hopping and fast-falling all over the place with shurikens and perfectly spaced Fairs. Then there are times when you just run into Shadow Ball three times and die in an attempt to go for a dash attack

I totally understand this, because I do the same thing with Mewtwo. It's just exhausting to play him well, because my hands have to be doing so much work, and no matter what people say, the Gamecube controller is not good for this much continuous action. The continual perfect execution needed to masterfully maneuver a character is too much for me, really. Maybe you get angry because you get tired, and when we get tired we become more irritable.

Just a thought. I know that while Bowser isn't very exciting to play these days (potential feels tapped out, very linear in style), I can play him well for long periods of time because he isn't very taxing on my hands.

Masked Man

I said wow
Its one of the reasson why I never pick that stage :p

My love for Mac and the Punch-Out!! series leads me to select it nonetheless, but I occasionally end up regretting it depending on my character choice. :p

I'm an at-will employee, so no way am I going to skip something like that. :p

Especially when I have a role in the ceremony. -_-

Yes, teleports are screwed on that stage.

Understandable! I didn't voluntarily skip, though: they just never required my participation, haha.

And I almost wish they would address that lip issue more than character balance issues. They fixed Lylat Cruise, so who's to say they can't fix Boxing Ring, too?

Invisible tightropes yo!

Below the main ring, though? lol

TWILT

Banned
started uploading some replays. if you want me to upload any just send me them (just don't send a million) and post here. here are some matches between twilt and I from yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbX0VDbEYOQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=effhoCDZEck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUGbNgH8SxU

I still jump around too much with ZSS. :x

Damn, watching my own play is so cringeworthy sometimes lol >_<

EDIT: Also, did you really have to upload the only time I SD'd with Pikachu that set? Beats pls ._.

Robiin

Anyone want to play for a bit? Have the whole day off, while the girlfriend is working a 13h shift. So if anyone wants to Smash, just tell me!

Robiin

My MK needs loads of work lol :x
Good games man. Your MK improved just in that short time, I think. You started off using Down-B a bit too much, I think, but got better. Your aerial game was mostly on point, both edgeguarding and juggling combos. That Wario of yours is still a beast though. So god damn fast.

Good games man. Your MK improved just in that short time, I think. You started off using Down-B a bit too much, I think, but got better. Your aerial game was mostly on point, both edgeguarding and juggling combos. That Wario of yours is still a beast though. So god damn fast.
GGs. Yeah me using cape a lot means I got desperate rofl. MK's movement on the ground is so weird so I struggle a lot against fast and aggressive chaaracters (the ones you use haha) whereas with Wario I feel like I can play way more patiently to counter approaches. (also rely on chomp :D) I'm pretty happy with what I did at the end though, actually got close to winning against your Fox with MK haha.

We should play more again. I love playing against your Fox.

EDIT: Grats on member status!

Oidisco

Anyone want free wins against my terrible ZSS? That'd atleast be more fun for me that using her in For Glory right now.

Top Bottom