• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

jnWake

dang, some peeps don't really like the OTs for this game huh.

I mean MaverickHunterAsh had that character census going and posted results regularly and people talked about that so it's not like talk besides match banter/discussions, or in depth character gameplay/mechanical discussions is unwelcome. I mean everyone here seems pretty friendly enough and not unwilling to talk about other stuff. whatever I guess.

It's one of the mysteries of mankind.

Some people like talking more about how exciting a game could be than actually playing it. They are the worst people in the world, because they probably do it with everything.

GGs Snacks. Gotta do some stuff around the house. I has to abruptly leave because my sick wife needed me. Amazed I pulled off the win on that last one.

That graduation ceremony was so boring. I cannot wait to get home and play this game. I can be the true villain because I play Blue Yoshi.
I fell asleep during my graduation ceremony lol, couldn't wait to get home and play some Melee.

Filling out paperwork is boring, but what's even more boring is not being able to Smash because other people are using the Wii U. If I had the money I'd just buy a second one to play and get stronger!

Beats

how many of ya'll would buy cosmetic dlc for the characters? whether it's full alt costumes or just some cheaper accessories like glasses or something. I mean there's the mii costumes, but I kinda feel like it would have been cooler if nintendo had a team that regularly made some art assets for the rest of the characters.

It depends on the character, obviously. Something more interesting than "skintight suit" and "workout clothes" for Zero Suit Samus would be especially good. Something for Greninja so he doesn't have to be naked all the time. A new Ganondork. None of this would happen, of course.

how many of ya'll would buy cosmetic dlc for the characters? whether it's full alt costumes or just some cheaper accessories like glasses or something. I mean there's the mii costumes, but I kinda feel like it would have been cooler if nintendo had a team that regularly made some art assets for the rest of the characters.
I would, and it would be easy money for Nintendo. Capcom lives off that shit for SF4.. Kind of don't like that only certain characters got alt costumes...

TWILT

Banned

Depends on the character for me. I'd love to see different Xenoblade armors for Shulk or maybe something like a female alt for Pikachu.

I'd totally consider trying out Zelda if she had a Skyward Sword and/or Hyrule Warriors costume lol.

dang, some peeps don't really like the OTs for this game huh.

I mean MaverickHunterAsh had that character census going and posted results regularly and people talked about that so it's not like talk besides match banter/discussions, or in depth character gameplay/mechanical discussions is unwelcome. I mean everyone here seems pretty friendly enough and not unwilling to talk about other stuff. whatever I guess.
The OT is pretty much mostly a matchmaking thread at this point to be fair. I can see why people wouldn't wanna post here, especially if they're not confident about their skill or are more interested in other aspects of the game than the meta.

ZangBa

The OT is pretty much mostly a matchmaking thread at this point to be fair. I can see why people wouldn't wanna post here, especially if they're not confident about their skill or are more interested in other aspects of the game than the meta.

I don't have anything relevant to post, so I'm just lurking the discussion that goes on even though I don't understand most of it.

FSLink

Banned
He has worse problems than Bowser in the same Matchups. Especially without customs.

Agreed, though with customs I think him and Charizard are contenders for best heavy in the game. Sucks that your locals ban them.

What do you think of my Ganondorf vs anybody else's? I kinda like him as a pocket character but I don't use him too much, still unsure if I should ever bring him out in tourney.

What's a good custom setup for crazy orders? Do any of the challenge board clears unlock any useful badges?
Unsure of names for specific badges but:

Fox + First Strike invincibility + start with Home Run Bat + Home Run Bat swings faster.

Use Fox's fast speed and blaster to get the First Strike invincibility bonus, then just walk up and home run bat opponents. I've gotten 50+ in Crazy Orders this way.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Hyrule Warriors Fabudorf? Sign me up.

Any tourney that bans customs makes my Charizard sad. Makes Bowser sad too.

I mean...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L19XpqQqMR4

Agreed, though with customs I think him and Charizard are contenders for best heavy in the game. Sucks that your locals ban them.

What do you think of my Ganondorf vs anybody else's? I kinda like him as a pocket character but I don't use him too much, still unsure if I should ever bring him out in tourney.

Unsure of names for specific badges but:

Fox + First Strike invincibility + start with Home Run Bat + Home Run Bat swings faster.

Use Fox's fast speed and blaster to get the First Strike invincibility bonus, then just walk up and home run bat opponents. I've gotten 50+ in Crazy Orders this way.
I think you rely on down B a lot, and I am stupid and didn't punish it well with Mewtwo. It isn't safe in most situations, so you should be more restrained with it.

I would buy the hell out of cosmetic DLC.

Dry Bones Bowser
Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf
Hyrule Warriors Zelda
Medusa skin for Palutena

I wouldn't buy anything they put out there, but I would buy the stuff I liked.

FSLink

Banned
I think you rely on down B a lot, and I am stupid and didn't punish it well with Mewtwo. It isn't safe in most situations, so you should be more restrained with it.

Yeah I used it to punish predicted rolls or projectiles but I did miss a lot of ledge cancels whenever I just wanted to throw it out to see what you'd do, since he can cancel most of the lag. The custom one is also much more safe if I cancel it right so that's why I threw it out more.

I fell asleep during my graduation ceremony lol, couldn't wait to get home and play some Melee.

Filling out paperwork is boring, but what's even more boring is not being able to Smash because other people are using the Wii U. If I had the money I'd just buy a second one to play and get stronger!

It was way too hot to fall asleep. That would have been nice, though, because I was right at the start and could've easily gotten 1.5 hours of sleep. At least I am getting some money for getting the Math award.

I wouldn't buy cosmetic DLC. Blue Yoshi is good enough, and I can buy whole games for the cost of certain cosmetic DLC.

Beats

I would, and it would be easy money for Nintendo. Capcom lives off that shit for SF4.. Kind of don't like that only certain characters got alt costumes...

yeah, it feels like they're not capitalizing on the fanservice part of the game enough. I'm kinda surprised no one has asked Sakurai or Nintendo reps about that in interviews. ah well.

Can we all agree that the deceptive lips on Boxing Ring Ω need to be deleted from existence?

Is that the one where you just bounce off sometimes with some characters even though it's a flat wall? I haven't really played on that stage all that much.

When I finished high school, I thought "YES, I never have to go to these goddamn boring assemblies and ceremonies again!" I even skipped my college graduation - don't give a damn. My degrees are still in an envelope that is unopened.

Then I became a teacher. :-(

:-(

Can we all agree that the deceptive lips on Boxing Ring Ω need to be deleted from existence?
Y
E
S

Thulius

Is that the one where you just bounce off sometimes with some characters even though it's a flat wall? I haven't really played on that stage all that much.

Not "sometimes," always, because it's not a flat wall. What were they thinking?

Beats

my entire grade was just like 30ish people so the high school ceremony was pretty short. I skipped the college one and they just mailed me the diploma.

Masked Man

I said wow

Yes, it is, and yes, it's just as awful as you might imagine. Palutena's Warp sends her way off to the side, and even Mac's Rising Uppercut doesn't always connect to the ledge.

Someone who understands! <3 As a Mewtwo user, I'm sure you can sympathize with the pain of Teleport/Warp misfires despite perfect execution.
Also, I taught at a university for two years, but I still managed to avoid all those dreadful assemblies!

Yes, it is, and yes, it's just as awful as you might imagine. Palutena's Warp sends her way off to the side, and even Mac's Rising Uppercut doesn't always connect to the ledge.

Someone who understands! <3 As a Mewtwo user, I'm sure you can sympathize with the pain of Teleport/Warp misfires despite perfect execution.
Also, I taught at a university for two years, but I still managed to avoid all those dreadful assemblies!
I'm an at-will employee, so no way am I going to skip something like that. :p

Especially when I have a role in the ceremony. -_-

Yes, teleports are screwed on that stage.

Thulius

Today I learned Fox's jab combo isn't actually very difficult and everyone has been lying about it in the hopes that it won't get nerfed.

GGs Boney. I hate our connection. </3

Crayolan

Good, well thought-out costumes which reference the character's games? Insta-buy.

Shitty, lazy costumes, like a new hat or new color? Nope.

Mii costumes suck cause I pretty much never use miis, not even in casuals with friends.

Top Bottom