• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Puruzi

Banned
What I mean is that a lot of the stuff you tend to do works because this is online, and input delay males it much harder to react to things like random Wizard Kicks and roll-in to grab.

Same reasons projectiles tend to do much better online than offline.

every wizard kick I do is because when bowser does a move he has endlag on it. Wizard kick punishes committing to moves, so you shouldn't tilt if i'm like half the screen away from you

every wizard kick I do is because when bowser does a move he has endlag on it. Wizard kick punishes committing to moves, so you shouldn't tilt if i'm like half the screen away from you
No, most of them are just kind of random, like the one you just did. And the latency makes it harder to block. This is like online play 101, so I am not sure why you are arguing it. I don't use tilts in the neutral, really.

Plenty of times I am just sitting in my shield and you throw a "fuck it, why not?" kick. That is fine, it works. Just dont think it reflects Dorf's playability.

Puruzi

Banned
No, most of them are just kind of random, like the one you just did. And the latency makes it harder to block. This is like online play 101, so I am not sure why you are arguing it. I don't use tilts in the neutral, really.

Yes you do. I saved plenty of replays where you used tilts randomly where they would never hit me

Yes you do. I saved plenty of replays where you used tilts randomly where they would never hit me
Those are jabs, not tilts. You can't punish Bowser jabs on reaction with Wizard Kick. That is ridiculous. You can't even punish the tilt. Wizard Kick is not that fast.

Stuff like that run up grab you did mid-fight works because of lag. I dodged it halfway during your run to me.

It wasn't intentional, lol. Not sure where the lag came from but it's messing with my inputs. Should be able to do that at the ledge without dying.

Did you try the back and forth Hydro Pump on the ledge? I miraculously haven't messed it up recently.

Also I'll play if you're around any time the rest of tonight.

I have Mario to use against half the cast, but against another Mario player I switch to Fox to avoid the ditto. The problem is, what do I do when the time comes for the Fox ditto? I don't like playing dittos as I feel like too much ego is involved for those matches and not many dittos rely on fundamentals but rather who can abuse their character's strengths more.

Should I stick with Fox, or maybe learn a top tier? None of the top tiers really appeal to me though. This is frustrating. >.<;;;

I have Mario to use against half the cast, but against another Mario player I switch to Fox to avoid the ditto. The problem is, what do I do when the time comes for the Fox ditto? I don't like playing dittos as I feel like too much ego is involved for those matches and not many dittos rely on fundamentals but rather who can abuse their character's strengths more.

Should I stick with Fox, or maybe learn a top tier? None of the top tiers really appeal to me though. This is frustrating. >.<;;;

Diddy Kong :^)
He probably loses to Fox now because competitive Biddy Bongs are so reliant on bananas and popgun spam, though.

Diddy Kong :^)
He probably loses to Fox now because competitive Biddy Bongs are so reliant on bananas and popgun spam, though.
Lol nope, that matchup I think is actually pretty tough because I have to play a grounded neutral since I can't challenge Diddy's fair. Problem is, I haven't played enough good Diddy players to help me actually learn the matchup.

Also I liked him better with two bananas. :^)

Would of been salty if I died like that in the end xD

GGs Thulius! Your a awesome player! And you helped me find some uses for Palutenas Explosive flame!

Thulius

Would of been salty if I died like that in the end xD

GGs Thulius! Your a awesome player! And you helped me find some uses for Palutenas Explosive flame!

GGs! Speaking of explosive flame, what's up with the last hit on that? Seems like I could block it with some characters and not with others. Just a matter of shield size or does it have some other weird property?

GGs! Speaking of explosive flame, what's up with the last hit on that? Seems like I could block it with some characters and not with others. Just a matter of shield size or does it have some other weird property?

I think if your in the center of it its unlockable.

TWILT

Banned

Use Mario against Fox maybe? Not sure how well that MU goes lol.

The one good thing about not having played in a long time is that my habits are gone so I'm going at everything at almost a blank slate.

Use Mario against Fox maybe? Not sure how well that MU goes lol.
I personally think it's 6-4 Fox. Both characters can easily rack up damage on each other, but Fox puts Mario in a worse spot than vice versa with utilts. See, as Mario falls he can either air dodge, which I can punish the landing lag off of, or attack, which I can just shield and punish. Rarely a Mario will double jump away, and that gives me the advantage since if I catch him with fair or hair to keep him airborne, he's out a jump and can only hope to catch me with an aerial on the way down, leading back to the earlier situation.

Mario can rack up damage early, but past 50% he's limited to uair juggling to an up-B. He has kill moves but can't set up to them, only try to land them with reads. That's also why I think Luigi is superior, as he actually can confirm into a kill.

But what do I know, I have yet to read up on anything about Fox beyond how his attacks work lol. A lot of my shit is just based on capitalizing off typical player habits and trying to pressure players into taking weaker options, I need to hit the boards.

I think I am completely done with customless Bowser. I just can't stand playing him.

Man the fuck at that grab range, I was already running away from the corner lmao

I'm just sayin man.
It is good now and then, but most people are running around anyway to preempt a down B or A.

Thank you but I understand what camping is. I said it was a mistake and I was sorry. Not sure why you got pissed off and had to show me what camping really was. Just a poor sport on your behalf. Two wrongs don't make a right?

Thanks though, for the practice. I enjoy fighting people better, so I can correct what I'm doing wrong and keep going at it.

I apologize, but sometimes that's just my way of making a point, similarly when I am taunted. Not the most mature way to go about things perhaps.

1v1 anyone!!!

I think I am completely done with customless Bowser. I just can't stand playing him.

It is good now and then, but most people are running around anyway to preempt a down B or A.
RIP Karst going to his local.

edit: And there probably will be an Akuma and Ken alt for Ryu.

Oidisco

I apologize, but sometimes that's just my way of making a point, similarly when I am taunted. Not the most mature way to go about things perhaps.

1v1 anyone!!!

I'm kinda the same when it comes to taunting, though only really on For Glory. If they earn the taunt by killing me with a good edgeguard, set-up into a Smash or something like that I'm fine with it, but if its for something kinda lame like me getting an SD then that really pisses me off, and then I just start playing like an asshole and doing my best to style on them.

And if someone repeatedly taunts everytime they knock me off stage, then that just sends me into some kind of rage mode!

Top Bottom