• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

GGs TWILT. Maybe I just need to stop playing Smash for a while in general. It has been a while since I had fun.

Yah I don't know where the Roy hype is coming from... I think it's a vocal minority...
He polls high in Japan, IIRC.

Edit: Aaaand I hit 5000 matches played on this machine. Good stopping point.

I'm kinda the same when it comes to taunting, though only really on For Glory. If they earn the taunt by killing me with a good edgeguard, set-up into a Smash or something like that I'm fine with it, but if its for something kinda lame like me getting an SD then that really pisses me off, and then I just start playing like an asshole and doing my best to style on them.

And if someone repeatedly taunts everytime they knock me off stage, then that just sends me into some kind of rage mode!

Yea, if I get taunted, I will repeatedly taunt any time there is some distance between us.

In this case, if I feel I am being pointlessly camped, I will get a lead and just jump around and hold it. It's a bit juvenile, but I think it gets the point across, as you can see how upset AZCard was that I implemented that strategy.

Okay. I will ban Battlefield and Castle Siege. Let's do a lag check at the start.

I don't ban a goddamn thing because I know what stage you are going to pick, lol

GGs TWILT. Maybe I just need to stop playing Smash for a while in general. It has been a while since I had fun.
I kind of feel the same way as well, but I have nothing else to play until DMC4:SE comes out or I build a new computer and go back to CS.. Or I could go back to USF4.. I think if I could play customs in FG with good match making I'd want to play more.

Last week I SD'd with Luigi while I had a big lead on the first stock on for glory, the other guy taunted (Rosa's long taunt), I come back and kill him out of the taunt with up B, other guy rage quit right afterwards.

I don't get people who taunt when the other SDs lol

TWILT

Banned

GGs Karst. Shame you feel that way. I took a one week break from the game last month to clear up my mentality/play other games, and I've been working hard on improving lately, so maybe that's for the best.

Hey are you up for a few matches?
Gonna take a shower + take a small break for a sec. Maybe later!

Saro

GGs Karst. Shame you feel that way. I took a one week break from the game last month, and I've been working hard on improving lately, so maybe that's for the best.

Ok. Guess I'll play splatoon till the new map drops.

Oidisco

Yea, if I get taunted, I will repeatedly taunt any time there is some distance between us.

In this case, if I feel I am being pointlessly camped, I will get a lead and just jump around and hold it. It's a bit juvenile, but I think it gets the point across, as you can see how upset AZCard was that I implemented that strategy.

I don't taunt repeatedly because then it makes it seem like a joke, but it ain't!
I always try and style on them as much as possible and try to beat them in a way that would most annoy them. Great thing about For Glory is most players don't expect you to go for an intentional footstool :D

And then with campers who just constantly roll around, if they stay then I just use Samus and that's pretty much a guaranteed win against those players. Recently started using bombs at the ledge to break shields, which often makes them fall right down and lose a stock. It's awesome!

I did that the other day and someone chaged their tag to "cheater". Felt great!

I kind of feel the same way as well, but I have nothing else to play until DMC4:SE comes out or I build a new computer and go back to CS.. Or I could go back to USF4.. I think if I could play customs in FG with good match making I'd want to play more.
Nothing could be worse than USFIV. :/

GGs Karst. Shame you feel that way. I took a one week break from the game last month to clear up my mentality/play other games, and I've been working hard on improving lately, so maybe that's for the best.

Eh, I doubt my feeling will change unless a balance patch improves things. Too tired of running up hill while my opponent is on a flat road in a car. Customs make things so dumb, it is tiresome. I was worried the game was a little too SFIV-like to keep me happy, but we'll see how it pans out.

I took the disk out of my Wii U for the first time since release. Bayonetta 2 time!

2v2s will change that
Haha, no doubt. Mewtwo can do pretty well in doubles, but that's because he doesn't have to fight anyone. :p

Beats

Can't wait to main Ryu..

Wonder what sort of moveset or gimmick they'll give him. I just hope he doesn't have a counter for down-b.

He polls high in Japan, IIRC.

Edit: Aaaand I hit 5000 matches played on this machine. Good stopping point.

dang I don't even think I have 1000. lol

what's making the game not fun for you?

Nothing could be worse than USFIV. :/

Eh, I doubt my feeling will change unless a balance patch improves things. Too tired of running up hill while my opponent is on a flat road in a car. Customs make things so dumb, it is tiresome. I was worried the game was a little too SFIV-like to keep me happy, but we'll see how it pans out.

I took the disk out of my Wii U for the first time since release. Bayonetta 2 time!

Haha, no doubt. Mewtwo can do pretty well in doubles, but that's because he doesn't have to fight anyone. :p

Join the winning team (Mother). Become a Lucas main

Wonder what sort of moveset or gimmick they'll give him. I just hope he doesn't have a counter for down-b.

dang I don't even think I have 1000. lol

what's making the game not fun for you?
Like I said, just having to work so hard for so little. Shulk's throw kills earlier than my supposed "kill throw". Both of my characters are pretty weak. You can only enjoy losing for so long.

Oidisco

Like I said, just having to work so hard for so little. Shulk's throw kills earlier than my supposed "kill throw". Both of my characters are pretty weak. You can only enjoy losing for so long.

A break would definitely be a good thing I think. Maybe take a few weeks away from the game and think of any other characters you might be interested in playing.

Cuz Ness a shit lmaoooooo

Real talk I think he said something about his brother maining Ness and Snacks wants to be a special snowflake with Lucas.

Of course that's impossible because next week everyone is switching to Lucas but oh well.

I am so depressed yall won't be able to see my Lucas for a week or so

GGs. I should have just gave up after that first kill.

Anyone want to play?

Never give up. You never know when you will get that sweet comeback game.

I don't wanna play our ranbat until you got Lucas on your system for what it's worth. Wanna get my experience with him, and no better environment than in a competitive setting!

Maybe against certain people, but I couldn't beat you with two stocks, so what was essentially 1 was near impossible, especially on Delfino.

Top Bottom