• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Pika gets an infinite in customs.

Customs makes things more balanced. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Top character benefit more than lower ones lol, and characters like Meta Knight and Falco get completely left behind.

Yes.

People desperately trying to expand the metagame and acting like we NEED customs when most the cast is still really unexplored. Including Diddy Kong.

TWILT

Banned
Good games, Saro! Honestly, your Shulk's pretty decent. I recommend checking out the Shulk boards on Smashboards if you need more help/info on him. Everyone's pretty nice and active there, so don't be afraid to ask stuff!

• Remember you cancel Monado Arts by pressing B 3 times if you need to save yourself and switch to Jump. Monado Shield isn't too good; I usually use it only for when I really want to survive or for MALLC (and then I immediately turn it off).
  • Speaking of MALLC, have you looked into it? It greatly increases Shulk's offensive pressure imo.
  • Once again, I cannot stress enough how important it is to space Shulk's aerials well. Try going for retreating FAirs or BAirs some more.
  • Using Air Slash as an attack isn't a bad idea, but it's super risky to do. It's best used out of shield. I believe Air Slash has 10 frames of start up?
  • Don't be too predictable with Vision. You're just asking to get grabbed.

There's probably more stuff I'm forgetting, but uh yeah. Practice makes perfect, man! Don't forget to rewatch any replays you saved (think I only saved like two).

You don't notice anything wrong because spamming fair and eggs don't really require precise input

Lol, that wasn't spamming with eggs. That is how Yoshi beats Rosalina. If you don't approach, you and Luma get hit by eggs. If you do approach, you are now in my space. Fair requires precise input if I want to make it as safe as possible, and really precise if I want to autocancel it. B-reverse require precise input or I get an egg roll. Please play the character before you talk about how easy it is to play. Everyone on here that has tried out Yoshi has realized that he isn't some invincible easy to use character.

Lol, that wasn't spamming with eggs. That is how Yoshi beats Rosalina. If you don't approach, you and Luma get hit by eggs. If you do approach, you are now in my space. Fair requires precise input if I want to make it as safe as possible, and really precise if I want to autocancel it. B-reverse require precise input or I get an egg roll. Please play the character before you talk about how easy it is to play. Everyone on here that has tried out Yoshi has realized that he isn't some invincible easy to use character.
I won 3/4 of my Yoshi matches just spamming Fair and doing Nair OoS. ;)

That said, Yoshi does require precise inputs.

Neki

I didn't say he was invincible or easy, rather online always favours an aggressive playstyle over a defensive playstyle. Like those edge guards you got on me online would probably work 1/10th of the time offline. It's rather frustrating knowing I airdodged or teched something only for it to not work because of the lag. But rather that's the scruples of online play than Yoshi, but Yoshi's still pretty stupid to play against. One day I'll conquer the match up, but until then, fairs and eggs for days.

Yes.

People desperately trying to expand the metagame and acting like we NEED customs when most the cast is still really unexplored. Including Diddy Kong.
Especially Diddy now that you can't just dthrow - up air with him to win. His FTilt and NAir (and bair to an extent) are so underutilized, and his banana game will only develop further.

EDIT: Yoshi is hard to use if there's any input latency.

I didn't say he was invincible or easy, rather online always favours an aggressive playstyle over a defensive playstyle. Like those edge guards you got on me online would probably work 1/10th of the time offline. It's rather frustrating knowing I airdodged or teched something only for it to not work because of the lag. But rather that's the scruples of online play than Yoshi, but Yoshi's still pretty stupid to play against. One day I'll conquer the match up, but until then, fairs and eggs for days.

Saying he doesn't require precise inputs is kinda like saying he is easy to play. I was playing very defensive in those matches, so I don't see how online favoring aggression is applicable. I really don't see what was wrong with my off stage fairs and bars. You have to be pretty good at teching when getting spiked by a bair at 130%.

I find it ironic how a custom Rosalina player is complaining about Yoshi. Yoshi beats Rosalina without customs, but customs drastically help Rosalina.

4 was all I could take before I found a knife and had to cut myself for playing Yoshi. :/ Don't want to risk my health any more than that man.

I guess you couldn't handle Yoshi's awesomeness. Let me guess, you weren't blue, were you?

Does 5 count because I did 5 FG matches doing nothing but eggs and fair/nair.

I won 4 of them.

I could beat the majority of FG with just fair.

EDIT: Yoshi is hard to use if there's any input latency.

Very true. It is always fun to have a fair that ended up not being spaced, or trying to jump and uair for the jump to never come out. This is the reason one of my taunts is "Lag for Eggs". It isn't smart to approach when it is lagging.

Games anyone? However, I have a twist for this time. All tourney legal stages are banned and instead we have to pick from everything else, specially whatever stages you feel are borderline/should be legal. Except Palutena's Temple and Great Cave Offensive. Fuck those two stages.

Forward air, neutral air, and egg are like, Yoshi's entire neutral game. You better be abusing the heck out of them.

I think I will play some more Sheik after all. Makes it easier to remember not to be aggressive with Frog.

Shamrock I tried fighting that campy Robin from your replay but it got laggy as shit after the lag test lol, had to cancel. A shame, I was hoping to impress with the Doctor. :(

So anyone up for some Smashin'?

Hi there everyone! I'm new to this thread, but I'm a huge Smash enthusiast, always looking to better my game by challenging skilled opponents, and I assumed this would be the place to go for that. I'm in the Smash Ranbats, and I've never done one before, but I saw it as a potential opportunity to get some more good battle data and training, so I guess I'm in it to win it, haha.

Well, now that the introductions are out of the way, I hope I can get some good Smash talk goin' on here!

I'll play.
play some DIDDY KONG, AHAHAHAHA
I'll just have to bust out my pocket Sheik >:D

Host!
hah you found the same guy?

Same name, same character, same color, same stage! He seemed pretty chill, but the moment we started it was stuttering like we were an ocean apart so we both agreed to just cancel. Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hi there everyone! I'm new to this thread, but I'm a huge Smash enthusiast, always looking to better my game by challenging skilled opponents, and I assumed this would be the place to go for that. I'm in the Smash Ranbats, and I've never done one before, but I saw it as a potential opportunity to get some more good battle data and training, so I guess I'm in it to win it, haha.

Well, now that the introductions are out of the way, I hope I can get some good Smash talk goin' on here!

Who do you main? Can't be Rockman, that's too obvious. :p Welcome to SmashGAF friend, please remember to arbitrarily shit on Yoshi as a character and talk about how bad you are even if you're the best user of x character on this forum! :)

Edit: I'm joking if that wasn't obvious. >.> <.<

Yo! Have fun here. We're a helpful bunch so don't worry. :D

Games anyone? However, I have a twist for this time. All tourney legal stages are banned and instead we have to pick from everything else, specially whatever stages you feel are borderline/should be legal. Except Palutena's Temple and Great Cave Offensive. Fuck those two stages.

Nobody up for this idea? :T

Who do you main? Can't be Rockman, that's too obvious. :p Welcome to SmashGAF friend, please remember to arbitrarily shit on Yoshi as a character and talk about how bad you are even if you're the best user of x character on this forum! :)

Edit: I'm joking if that wasn't obvious. >.> <.<
Hey there, thanks for the welcome!

I use Mega Man, and only Mega Man. A lot of other people have secondaries, but I aspire to use only Mega Man to defeat any opponent, no matter how bad the matchup. So yes, I guess my avatar gave it away, haha

Man, that fake Rhythm Heaven Wrester/Reporter/Marshall newcomer trailer hit me right where it hurts. The fact that it's so well-produced and looks go legitimate just twists the knife even more. I'm sure Masked Man knows exactly how I feel. :(

I mean, I can't complain because I've got Mega Man and a bunch of other characters I love, but man... a Rhythm Heaven character would have been so unbelievably hype.

Saro

Good games, Saro! Honestly, your Shulk's pretty decent. I recommend checking out the Shulk boards on Smashboards if you need more help/info on him. Everyone's pretty nice and active there, so don't be afraid to ask stuff!

• Remember you cancel Monado Arts by pressing B 3 times if you need to save yourself and switch to Jump. Monado Shield isn't too good; I usually use it only for when I really want to survive or for MALLC (and then I immediately turn it off).
  • Speaking of MALLC, have you looked into it? It greatly increases Shulk's offensive pressure imo.
  • Once again, I cannot stress enough how important it is to space Shulk's aerials well. Try going for retreating FAirs or BAirs some more.
  • Using Air Slash as an attack isn't a bad idea, but it's super risky to do. It's best used out of shield. I believe Air Slash has 10 frames of start up?
  • Don't be too predictable with Vision. You're just asking to get grabbed.

There's probably more stuff I'm forgetting, but uh yeah. Practice makes perfect, man! Don't forget to rewatch any replays you saved (think I only saved like two).

Alright! I think I'm getting the hang of it and I was trying MALLC but I'm too jittery and nervous when playing. I need to practice spacing and mixing up my approach. Also, I am no good at offstage chasing.

Edit

It took way too long to reply lol.

Man, that fake Rhythm Heaven Wrester/Reporter/Marshall newcomer trailer hit me right where it hurts. The fact that it's so well-produced and looks go legitimate just twists the knife even more. :(

I mean, I can't complain because I've got Mega Man and a bunch of other characters I love, but man... a Rhythm Heaven character would have been so unbelievably hype.
I wonder if we'll get a character every month. Mewtwo to Lucas kind of sets a precedent...

Man, that fake Rhythm Heaven Wrester/Reporter/Marshall newcomer trailer hit me right where it hurts. The fact that it's so well-produced and looks go legitimate just twists the knife even more. I'm sure Masked Man knows exactly how I feel. :(

Ash, fancy seeing you here! I'm in this thread now, nice to see a familiar face, haha. Let's battle in Smash sometime!

I've been an advocate for a RH character before the game was announced and it's what I wanted the most. Imagine how I feel. :lol

And Masked Man is enjoying the new game that lucky jerk

Beats

ya, it was extremely well done. It would have been on another level if they put some fake footage somewhere in there though lol. I'm not sure if you could make convincing gameplay footage with Brawl mods or edited smash 4 gameplay though.

Top Bottom