• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

I think the best balanced characters in the game are

Ness
Captain Falcon
Shulk
Luigi

Might be missing a few, but those characters have very good options, with very apparent weaknesses.
Most characters need to move above or below to that level. I think some others are very close.

I think they are confusing it with not being able to follow up. Usually when you throw out a back air or a fair, you get knocked away enough that they can't follow up usually, even with landing lag.
Sounds like it. But you can say that about most moves. Mega's up b doesn't have a hit box and he can't act until the apex of the jump. Seems fair to me.

Come on, you aren't "stuck" in anything, just jump out of it and go back to zoning. You might have an argument if Megaman didn't also have insane air control but you basically never have a reason to land on top of someone unless you're being greedy or they made an incredible read.
I'm not even arguing anything. Well, other than I think it's crazy you guys are calling for Mega Man nerfs. :p

Pretty small for a multi hit kill move. At least it doesn't have a grounded hit
But it's pretty safe on hit.

Can't really argue with "pretty safe" since you can space it on shield against non-teather grabs safely. It's a great move, but it has its problems too. Only one hit kills and it often drops that hit, especially against short, grounded characters.

Puruzi

Banned
I think the best balanced characters in the game are

Ness
Captain Falcon
Shulk
Luigi

Might be missing a few, but those characters have very good options, with very apparent weaknesses.
Most characters need to move above or below to that level. I think some others are very close.

Yep, those all seem like honest characters to me.

leroidys

I'm not a high level player, but I really think that super mobile, super safe characters like Sheik, ZSS, and Sanic make this game super boring.

leroidys

Zero Suit is fun to watch imo, partly because not many people use her at the level that Nairo does.

Yeah, and that ending was certainly entertaining, but ZSS' ability to just spam attacks until they get in isn't that fun to watch. There were a TON of whiffs with no punish in that last match.

Right, but I think that is a Bowser issue more than a Brawler issue. I think Bowser needs better speed and less lag on his fair and uair. IMO Bowser's fair should be nearly as fast as Sheiks
I think Sheik just needs a Fair nerf. :p

Bowser's Fair is pretty slow. 13F IIRC. But it isn't something I care about getting buffed. It could use less landing lag. Nair could use a LOT less landing lag. That is his best antiair move.

The biggest buffs Bowser needs are to his ground game. His problem is that he has to guess when he gets in, and the guess is to his disadvantage. Fix that, and he is much better.

It would be great if he just got a standard fireball. :p

So it's:

Sheik, Sheik, Ness, Ness, Rosalina, Pikachu, Mario, and Wario so far for top 8?

Edit: Oh this is Fow? Is there only one Ness? Who is left?

We knew that was going to happen, but maaan. It hurts to watch.

Boney

Banned
Yep, this is gonna be awful

This is going to be depressing =(

Good
crossedarms.gif

Oidisco

There's definitely a few small things that Ally could've done make it a little harder for Sheik. She still would've won, but maybe not quite as dominant.

I think it would be good for Rosalina to get three changes. Then she would be balanced:
1) Projectiles now always pierce Luma.
2) Gravitational Pull radius significantly reduced.
3) Luma only recovers from hitstun 30 frames after Rosalina does.

Oidisco

The same thing happened against Mr R, and Nairo said he choked in that moment and tried to do some crazy setup rather than just f-smash

Top Bottom