• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Neki

Regular luma shot seems better in pretty much every way honestly. There are almost no situations where you would use either reactively, so why not use the one that covers more space and gives you more control?

I like using Luma Warp for the air juggle shenanigans, my favourite part of Rosalina.

Lol, these commentators trying to justify this shit
Play to win. Only justification you need. Don't blame players for faults in the game. It is on Sakurai to fix this crap.

We should hope for Sonic to win. If he loses, Sakurai will think he is fine.

Lol, these commentators trying to justify this shit

Pfft my Brawler is super agressive
Aggressively jumping around and running away, sure.

Boney

Banned
I stand by my statement, if we're not banning sonic, at least ban hammer spin dash. It's just broken

What's his worst match up btw? Shiek?

JulianImp

Good games, ruffles! Item play is something I haven't done since early Brawl, so it's good to finally use them for a change.

Play to win. Only justification you need. Don't blame players for faults in the game. It is on Sakurai to fix this crap.

Too bad it looks like the Smash team doesn't even appear to care about customs. I'd love to see a couple changes to make them into sidegrades, not strictly better or worse versions of the default moves. They'd be a great way to afford characters more versatility in certain match-ups, but when custom DK is almost required by law to run Kong Cyclone and Villager has no reason not to pack trip sapling and explosive balloons, then you know something's seriously wrong with customs balance.

Boney

Banned
BRAAAAAAAAAH

AMAZING, kosmic karma

Without the hammer, I'd guess Luigi or Sheik. With customs, uh...
Shiek has the shield break needles, that might help

And the regular fireballs allow Mario to keep moving, straight ones would leave him as a sitting duck

lol there was no sweeter justice

I agree and disagree. Yea it shouldn be fixed, but I also think you have to be a special kind of asshole to play like that.

Aggressively jumping around and running away, sure.

Yea I am calling bullshit on this. Do I move around the stage to set up? yea? I doubt you can find a match where 5 seconds go by that I am not approaching for an attack.

Always great when the characters that go for time outs get timed out themselves. Even better when the loser is salty, but I don't think Static was.

Thulius

Really? Because I see Boss struggle against Sonic at his weeklies. I almost never see him beat Sonic with any big lead, if he wins at all.

Fighting Sonic is entirely tiresome and not easy at all regardless of who you play, but on paper, Luigi has the best tools to deal with him. Fireball covers the perfect space to deal with spindash, Nair is dumb like it is against everyone else, he kills early and has plenty of safe aerials to throw out. There's no one in the game that can consistently approach Sonic so being able to stop his approach is the best you can hope for.

jnWake

In any case, Sonic is being as lame as he is isn't something easy to fix IMO. If this was Melee I bet we'd see the same shit happening, Sonic's just way too fast and has too much mobility so if he wants to camp and run then he can certainly do it.

lol there was no sweeter justice

I agree and disagree. Yea it shouldn be fixed, but I also think you have to be a special kind of asshole to play like that.

Yea I am calling bullshit on this. Do I move around the stage to set up? yea? I doubt you can find a match where 5 seconds go by that I am not approaching for an attack.
Of course you approach! Then you jump away. Repeat ad nauseum until Bowser is open. Don't think it's any different. There is a reason I hate your Mii Brawler the most, and it isn't because you are good with him.

In general, characters with a third jump for a special that land without lag are bullshit in this game. Mega man, Sonic, ZSS, and Mii Brawler all need mobility nerfs.

In any case, Sonic is being as lame as he is isn't something easy to fix IMO. If this was Melee I bet we'd see the same shit happening, Sonic's just way too fast and has too much mobility so if he wants to camp and run then he can certainly do it.
Just lower the priority on Spindash. Then it doesn't beat or clank with everything for free, and people don't have to hold shield against it. Solved.

His spindash shouldn't clash with nearly everything. People like to insist it technically has low priority and can even be grabbed, but we absolutely don't see that happening even from the best players. There's no way to approach it and you don't even get rewarded for punishing it.

Puruzi

Banned
Of course you approach! Then you jump away. Repeat ad nauseum until Bowser is open. Don't think it's any different. There is a reason I hate your Mii Brawler the most, and it isn't because you are good with him.

In general, characters with a third jump for a special that land without lag are bullshit in this game. Mega man, Sonic, ZSS, and Mii Brawler all need mobility nerfs.

Just lower the priority on Spindash. Then it doesn't beat or clank with everything for free, and people don't have to hold shield against it. Solved.

what

I can see me doing that with the Bowser matchup, but Bowser brings that on himself with that upB spam.

Lol and Brawler's 3rd jump does have landing lag unless you don't land for awhile. There is nothing oped about it, lol.

His spindash shouldn't clash with nearly everything. People like to insist it technically has low priority and can even be grabbed, but we absolutely don't see that happening even from the best players. There's no way to approach it and you don't even get rewarded for punishing it.
Bowser can't even pivot grab Spindash. They trade. Which is incredible, because if you know how much range that grab has...

Yep.

Mega Man has landing lag on his up b. >>;
How? You can use an aerial. Maybe you are confusing it for the hard landing lag all characters have from great heights?

I can see me doing that with the Bowser matchup, but Bowser brings that on himself with that upB spam.
Lol, "spam". It is Fortress. Shield and punish. No reason to turn it into a Zzz ZzZ camp fest.

Boney

Banned
That up air has no business being that strong, having an amazing angle plus not having any landing lag.

It's ridiculous it's usually 1 of the 3.

Most hated characters in the game

1 sonic
2 ness

3 yoshi

Fighting Sonic is entirely tiresome and not easy at all regardless of who you play, but on paper, Luigi has the best tools to deal with him. Fireball covers the perfect space to deal with spindash, Nair is dumb like it is against everyone else, he kills early and has plenty of safe aerials to throw out. There's no one in the game that can consistently approach Sonic so being able to stop his approach is the best you can hope for.

Oh, so you didn't really mean Luigi had an advantage, just an even match-up. Like, Sonic doesn't really have bad match-ups just like Sheik.

FOW managed to beat the Sheik this time :)

How? You can use an aerial. Maybe you are confusing it for the hard landing lag all characters have from great heights?

You don't go prone with it, of course, so you can use an aerial. But if you land without doing anything after an up b, you get landing lag.

You can do a neutral air to land without any lag but then you're stuck in the pellet string. There used to be phantom lag that would catch you the next time you landed from the air. That's been patched out I believe.

There is a certain amount of landing lag you go through after up B if you do nothing on the way down but there's literally no reason for you not to Nair or Bair before landing so I mean, not really.

Back-air has landing lag as well. You guys are crazy.

Lol, "spam". It is Fortress. Shield and punish. No reason to turn it into a Zzz ZzZ camp fest.

It's incredible move. You are always going to have characters do hit and runs and maintain space vs Bowser because of that move.
And it is the best move in those scenarios, so yes you spam it in those scenarios, lol. I don't consider bad at all though. Obviously it isn't a move you spam all game, if that's what you think I was referring.

You don't go prone with it, of course, so you can use an aerial. But if you land without doing anything after an up b, you get landing lag.

You can do a neutral air to land without any lag but then you're stuck in the pellet string. There used to be phantom lag that would catch you the next time you landed from the air. That's been patched out I believe.

I think they are confusing it with not being able to follow up. Usually when you throw out a back air or a fair, you get knocked away enough that they can't follow up usually, even with landing lag.

Thulius

You can do a neutral air to land without any lag but then you're stuck in the pellet string.

Come on, you aren't "stuck" in anything, just jump out of it and go back to zoning. You might have an argument if Megaman didn't also have insane air control but you basically never have a reason to land on top of someone unless you're being greedy or they made an incredible read.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EvilMrWizard/status/622474629198655488

That up air has no business being that strong, having an amazing angle plus not having any landing lag.

It's ridiculous it's usually 1 of the 3.

Most hated characters in the game

1 sonic
2 ness

3 yoshi
I hate Yoshi the most.

Ness has some BS, but nothing insurmountable. Sonic is mostly boring.

If anything, more characters should be like Ness.

There is a certain amount of landing lag you go through after up B if you do nothing on the way down but there's literally no reason for you not to Nair or Bair before landing so I mean, not really.

Gotcha.

It's incredible move. You are always going to have characters do hit and runs and maintain space vs Bowser because of that move.
Fortress is the worst it has ever been. It used to have invincibility frames all through startup. You actually have to be cautious with it now.

That said, it is probably the best up B OoS in the game, still, which speaks volumes about how good it used to be.

I don't mind characters running. I do mind that some characters can't be caught. Dash Slash fixes this, but customs will shortly be banned.

Oh and Ness up air also pushes your shield way far because of how strong it is. Making it even more safe

Correct. This has helped my game a lot as I've incorporated uair more on fall. It doesn't always knock you back enough though. You have to hit the edge of the move against the opponent while moving away. A smart opponent though can still move in close enough to punish if it's anywhere closer than the edge.

Fortress is the worst it has ever been. It used to have invincibility frames all through startup. You actually have to be cautious with it now.

That said, it is probably the best up B OoS in the game, still, which speaks volumes about how good it used to be.

I don't mind characters running. I do mind that some characters can't be caught. Dash Slash fixes this, but customs will shortly be banned.

Right, but I think that is a Bowser issue more than a Brawler issue. I think Bowser needs better speed and less lag on his fair and uair. IMO Bowser's fair should be nearly as fast as Sheiks

Top Bottom