• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

I'm up for some 1v1s or 2v2s if anybody else wants to play (3DS as well). Would also be up for some crazy matches with non-tournament stages and/or items.

Edit: Nairo's got no tag? That means he must be playing with the dreaded tap jump on. Is that a good thing for ZSS?

He just always plays with default controls, it's not a character-specific preference or anything.

I'm up for some 1v1s or 2v2s if anybody else wants to play (3DS as well). Would also be up for some crazy matches with non-tournament stages and/or items.

Edit: Nairo's got no tag? That means he must be playing with the dreaded tap jump on. Is that a good thing for ZSS?

Hey, I use tap to jump :p

And I would be up for 2v2s. Don't mind items and crazy stages.

JulianImp

Hey, I use tap to jump :p

I got into disabling tap jump after it screwed me many times over in the first two games (except for DJC uairs as Ness in Melee).

Edit: Added you, ruffles. I've hosted a room, but I'll wait until Aadango's done playing.

Edit2: Haha, "Galaga's trying to take the match to space".

Edit3: Da-yum! This match's certainly something. Amazing DI on Pikachu's part.

JulianImp

"The Mexican G&W"... that reminds me of SaltyBet in a good way. Too bad he isn't El Presidente.

The stream's menu BGM is the same as mine, and the timing's only slightly off.

I'm not even joking with this. I think Luma should take at LEAST twice as long to re-appear than where he is at now. It's too easy for Rosa to sit back for a bit and just wait for the respawn

Neki

I'm not even joking with this. I think Luma should take at LEAST twice as long to re-appear than where he is at now. It's too easy for Rosa to sit back for a bit and just wait for the respawn

If you improve Rosalina's ability to fight without Luma, I'd be fine with that, but she's basically half a character when Luma's dead, she doesn't have access to two specials unlike Ice Climbers, where you still have access to everything besides chain grabs / wobbling. All of her kill power is also connected to Luma.

Some characters get rid of her so easily, though. I feel like the G&W player didn't know the matchup.

Customs don't help, because the Falco laser custom makes you have to approach. Normally you can play footsies to take the Luma out.

The teleport custom also makes Luma a lot more versatile than she normally is, but also makes Rosalina into a more interesting character.

Puruzi

Banned
If you improve Rosalina's ability to fight without Luma, I'd be fine with that, but she's basically half a character when Luma's dead, she doesn't have access to two specials unlike Ice Climbers, where you still have access to everything besides chain grabs / wobbling.

You don't have access to a usable Up B if one of the Climbers dies.

If you improve Rosalina's ability to fight without Luma, I'd be fine with that, but she's basically half a character when Luma's dead, she doesn't have access to two specials unlike Ice Climbers, where you still have access to everything besides chain grabs / wobbling.

But with Luma, Rosa is like 1 and 1/2 characters. It would be a great risk/reward to increase the regen time. I think Rosa has enough options right now outside of Luma to be viable long enough for it to be fair until Luma respawns.

Neki

You don't have access to a usable Up B if one of the Climbers dies.

Totally forgot about that, you're right. Dabuz also beat Regi without Luma Warp, Dabuz has said himself that Luma Warp isn't that great, falco laser is still great though.

Neki

What doesn't he like about Luma Warp? I can't think of a downside aside from it being a set distance, and that seems minimal.

This is still the coolest thing I've seen this tourney. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZGiTxIMzFQ

It's a set distance and it also doesn't throw out a hitbox like the regular warp. If the opponent just runs past it or stays away from it, it's super easy to punish. I like playing with it because it makes Rosalina fun to play, but the regular luma shot is a very good defensive tool.

Thulius

What doesn't he like about Luma Warp? I can't think of a downside aside from it being a set distance, and that seems minimal.

Regular luma shot seems better in pretty much every way honestly. There are almost no situations where you would use either reactively, so why not use the one that covers more space and gives you more control?

Regular luma shot seems better in pretty much every way honestly. There are almost no situations where you would use either reactively, so why not use the one that covers more space and gives you more control?

Well I know that Nabster uses it very effectively to edge guard.

Top Bottom