• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Boney

Banned
If it doesn't work out then it's not meant to be :p

Karst you coming?

Remember to put team attack on!

C'mon, let's do free for all in the mean time

Good stuff, Puruzi. This is all new to me, fighting people on this thread. You guys seem like some good Smash enthusiasts like myself, and I look forward to bettering my game by fighting you all more. Gotta lose a bunch before you start winning, so rest assured, I'll beat that freakin' Ness of yours, you'll see!

Best part about smash GAF is that you have people of various skill levels allowing people to safely transition people better. Some aren't that great. Others are definite tourney grade. Also we got almost every character as a main for someone.

And GAF keeps things all business like without the trash talk and just constructive criticism and suggestions.

Best part about smash GAF is that you have people of various skill levels allowing people to safely transition people better. Some aren't that great. Others are definite tourney grade. Also we got almost every character as a main for someone.

And GAF keeps things all business like without the trash talk and just constructive criticism and suggestions.
Unless you play Yoshi.

I am potmonster grade. ;)

Nami, please don't steal a stock if I am almost dead on my current one. :p I work hard to keep those stocks, being as fragile as I am.

Edit: need one more for doubles.

GGs. I guess I just need DK to beat your Samus.

I figured the pressure of two players with one being DK would give us better chances of winning.

We need 1 more for doubles! I am surprised how good the connection is.
It is just annoying because it tends to lead to situations like me getting KOd right after the stock is stolen. If I am at a low %, feel free to take the stock. Just not when I am near death. :p

It is just annoying because it tends to lead to situations like me getting KOd right after the stock is stolen. If I am at a low %, feel free to take the stock. Just not when I am near death. :p

Alright. I am just used to my teammates doing the same, so I tend to devalue their stocks xD

One of those accidental footstools that we were talking about happened. I could tell you to pick the only character you're good with, but you don't use him in doubles.
K, I am done being nice. You are a shit ass, greedy partner. You have stolen one of my stocks for the last three matches for no reason.

K, I am done being nice. You are a shit ass, greedy partner. You have stolen one of my stocks for the last three matches for no reason.

Ok. How about telling me a % of when not to take a stock? You said high %, but I don't consider 50-60% high. Besides, 1 person with 2 stocks versus 2 people with 4 stocks is very improbable. I am sorry that I play the game to have fun first, and win second. I like playing Luigi, and I don't think I am shit with him.

GGs Julian and Tipster.

Alright, hosted. Guess you'll have to get into a ledge and see what works to get back up. We can try both below and above 42% (where iceballs start freezing you).
Trying to join now.

Ok. How about telling me a % of when not to take a stock? You said high %, but I don't consider 50-60% high. Besides, 1 person with 2 stocks versus 2 people with 4 stocks is very improbable. I am sorry that I play the game to have fun first, and win second. I like playing Luigi, and I don't think I am shit with him.

GGs Julian and Tipster.
60% is high for Mewtwo, but not for Bowser. It is all subjective.

I didn't say you are shit with Luigi, I said you are a shit partner. You can die all you want with Luigi, I don't care. But I play to have fun, too. Do you know what isn't fun? Watching you play on my TV screen with my stolen stock after I am dead. I am sure you have a blast, though.

JulianImp

Get me to freezing point now.

Okay, but it seems 42% wasn't it for Bowser... maybe it's relative to character weight?

Seems like the post-freeze jump is enough to get out of it (despite risking a landing close to Luigi), but if you're below the freezing point then it appears to be really hard to get through them.

Okay, but it seems 42% wasn't it for Bowser... maybe it's relative to character weight?
Makes sense. Let's see when Mewtwo freezes.

There doesn't seem to be a way out for Bowser except for the lucky jump recovery. I tried jumping at the same point each time, but I got different results.

JulianImp

Makes sense. Let's see when Mewtwo freezes.

There doesn't seem to be a way out for Bowser except for the lucky jump recovery. I tried jumping at the same point each time, but I got different results.

The way the fireballs swirl around might be factoring in when they hit you.

Looks like you were able to escape perfectly with a well-timed nair, but you probably have to time it perfectly to hit the iceballs during nair's active frames.

Can I go Pac-Man, or do you want to practice a bit more against iceball Luigi?

TWILT

Banned
Up for some games if someone wants to play.

EDIT: And yeah, we always have fun playing doubles, so don't be discouraged from joining!

Whoa. Mental note: Do not play team battles with SmashGAF.

Shit is serious business and the salt is real. :(

That's just Karst being an old man. :p For real though, so long as you keep your head on and not intentionally underperform, it's all in good fun. After all, we've had many doubles matches in places like Temple, Temple, Omega Kalos, and Temple. :D

Top Bottom