• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

This will have to be my last game! Got eat something!

GGs! You have good fundamentals and know some good combos with your characters, but you have some bad habits that are easy to read. Once you can break those, you will be quite good!

I cannot believe I am so bad at dthrow to tornado with Luigi. I tried it 3 times in a row and I just couldn't get you high enough! I don't think I am doing the needed full hop and instead am doing a SH.

That was the kill of the forever against Mega man. I have never smiled so big as that gimp. I just wish it had happened against Tipster, lol. I am speaking of the reflected Uair.

GGs Namagem. You should play Anonymous_Tipster if you haven't already. You and he play very differently. He never uses Leaf Shield, so it took me time to understand that move. It has a ton of priority.
Heh, yeah, not much I could do when I was trapped in it going down.

There's another Mega Man player here? Nice. I need to familiarize myself with the mirror match. How could someone play Mega Man and not use Leaf Shield? It's amazing and incredibly useful. I love it, and anyone that says it's terrible hasn't tapped into it's true potential. I couldn't picture Mega Man without it.

Guys, I got the kill of the forever. :(

I couldn't even save the replay. :(

Shamrock, if you want to watch some Mewtwo play, there are only three out there that I know of:
Trela
Nature
Logic

In order from best to worst. Trela only played him to win a bet, though. -_-

GGs! You have good fundamentals and know some good combos with your characters, but you have some bad habits that are easy to read. Once you can break those, you will be quite good!

Thanks man! Can you tell me one that come to your head!! I know I get punished pretty badly when I tech or roll! I'm not really sure what to do! I was also finding a bit hard getting used with that delay. It was causing me a bit of ledge problems! no excuses though as I don't have a ledge game. yet!

Guys, I got the kill of the forever. :(

I couldn't even save the replay. :(

Shamrock, if you want to watch some Mewtwo play, there are only three out there that I know of:
Trela
Nature
Logic

In order from best to worst. Trela only played him to win a bet, though. -_-
Reverse Air Shooter from Mewtwo? That was pretty badass, I must admit.

GGs! Man that Yoshi was just crazy!!

Thanks man! Can you tell me one that come to your head!! I know that I get punished pretty bad when I tech or roll! not really sure what to do! Also was finding a bit hard to get used to delay was causing a bit of ledge problems! no excuses though cause I also don't have a ledge game yet!

Thanks :) There are three that come to mind right away. The first I mentioned last page, and that was you always opting to jump up from the ledge. I noticed this and I would usually go for an aerial a lot of the time, and I killed you from this, too. Second, you tend to right backwards a lot, so I just keep dashing and attack you as you cool-down from lag. Lastly, you go for the same combos that aren't guaranteed, so I do something different to counter it or just get away.

There's another Mega Man player here? Nice. I need to familiarize myself with the mirror match. How could someone play Mega Man and not use Leaf Shield? It's amazing and incredibly useful. I love it, and anyone that says it's terrible hasn't tapped into it's true potential. I couldn't picture Mega Man without it.

There are multiple others, but the best is Anonymous Tipster. You say you cannot imagine a MM without Leaf Shield, but he can easily beat a lot of people without using lemons! But he has started to use them more lately and gotten a lot better. I believe he opts for the reflector down-B instead of Leaf Shield.

Reverse Air Shooter from Mewtwo? That was pretty badass, I must admit.
Yeah. I mean, it was a total accident, so I can't claim skill or anything. Pretty amazing moment, though.

Do you have any feedback or reflections for me? I always try to break down the matches a bit after a set so me and my opponent can both grow. Also, Metal Blade is kind of weird when fired on the ground. Seems to ignore Shadow Ball sometimes. Tipster always hops before throwing it.

Doesn't Hard Knuckle still meteor smash even when it's reflected and goes upwards?

I can play.
Nope. :(

But the Air Tornado carried Namagem all the way down to the blast zone like it does upward. Was wild watching it slowly carry him down there...

Yeah, and Tipster is a top 10 player here too, IMO.

Tipster hops before throwing every Metal Blade, and he uses that aerial spacing to throw and go for grabs. IMO, it is more effective than Leaf Shield was for you. He usually uses Skull Shield for the reflect.

Thanks :) There are three that come to mind right away. The first I mentioned last page, and that was you always opting to jump up from the ledge. I noticed this and I would usually go for an aerial a lot of the time, and I killed you from this, too. Second, you tend to right backwards a lot, so I just keep dashing and attack you as you cool-down from lag. Lastly, you go for the same combos that aren't guaranteed, so I do something different to counter it or just get away.

Good advice! I have not noticed I was using the same thing over and over! I need to find a way of mix up with fox!

Now The roll back it feels quite automatic I kind feel that if I stay close to your dk for example, I'm going to be smashed to bits.

What do you think about fox nair, Everytime It gets blocked I usually get punished!

There are multiple others, but the best is Anonymous Tipster. You say you cannot imagine a MM without Leaf Shield, but he can easily beat a lot of people without using lemons! But he has started to use them more lately and gotten a lot better. I believe he opts for the reflector down-B instead of Leaf Shield.
Mega Buster shot is very useful as well, though a big mistake many Mega Man players make is to tap tap tap all three shots every time, but that shouldn't be spammed, as it leaves you open to counterattack and makes you and your interrupting hits predictable and exploitable. The close shot in air has greT knockback, fantastic for spacing. A thrown Leaf Shield has similar utility. These moves do low damage and tend to be forgotten by players because they don't offer the "oomph" of mpre powerful moves, but they work amazingly well to rack up damage little by little, contributing to mind games, and ultimately leading the way for a final strike for a KO.

Love me the Shoryuken, too.

I'd be curious to fight this guy. I bet he short hop>Slash Claws a lot. Looking forward to learning that matchup better.

Good advice! I have not noticed I was using the same thing over and over! I need to find a way of mix up with fox!

Now The roll back it feels quite automatic I kind feel that if I stay close to your dk for example, I'm going to be smashed to bits.

What do you feel about fox nair, Everytime It gets blocked I usually get punished!

Fox's nair is a lot like Yoshi's, really good and fast, but unsafe on shield. Don't just jump into me and nair, as I can easily shield and grab. You could switch it on and go towards the back of my shield, and then I would either grab and fail, or I would quickly have to do a tilt. I am also guilty of charging in with Yoshi and doing a nair and getting shield grabbed.

Lagless Nairs are for landing behind an opponent's shield. Then go for your mixup.

Mega Buster shot is very useful as well, though a big mistake many Mega Man players make is to tap tap tap all three shots every time, but that shouldn't be spammed, as it leaves you open to counterattack and makes you and your interrupting hits predictable and exploitable. The close shot in air has greT knockback, fantastic for spacing. A thrown Leaf Shield has similar utility. These moves do low damage and tend to be forgotten by players because they don't offer the "oomph" of mpre powerful moves, but they work amazingly well to rack up damage little by little, contributing to mind games, and ultimately leading the way for a final strike for a KO.

Love me the Shoryuken, too.

I'd be curious to fight this guy. I bet he short hop>Slash Claws a lot. Looking forward to learning that matchup better.
Nah, he doesn't Bair much. Mostly focuses on Metal Blade, Crash Bomb, and grabs.

You can jump cancel the third lemon, can't you?

Fox's nair is a lot like Yoshi's, really good and fast, but unsafe on shield. Don't just jump into me and nair, as I can easily shield and grab. You could switch it on and go towards the back of my shield, and then I would either grab and fail, or I would quickly have to do a tilt. I am also guilty of charging in with Yoshi and doing a nair and getting shield grabbed.

I'll definitely check this out! I didn't now if I hit towards the back of the hitbox it could save me from shield grab!

Time to put some work on fox!! 1- stop rolling like a bitch! 2 - take control of rush and start reading opponents! Lol This is much easier sad than done!

Thanks for the tips man!

Yeah. I mean, it was a total accident, so I can't claim skill or anything. Pretty amazing moment, though.

Do you have any feedback or reflections for me? I always try to break down the matches a bit after a set so me and my opponent can both grow. Also, Metal Blade is kind of weird when fired on the ground. Seems to ignore Shadow Ball sometimes. Tipster always hops before throwing it.

Yeah, and Tipster is a top 10 player here too, IMO.

Tipster hops before throwing every Metal Blade, and he uses that aerial spacing to throw and go for grabs. IMO, it is more effective than Leaf Shield was for you. He usually uses Skull Shield for the reflect.
Haha, I could tell, the Reflect just kinda came out to help you recover and I happened to be under it, and the rest is history.

As far as hopping before Metal Blades, sure, I do that too, but I don't need to do it every single time, as it would make it difficult to pull off my tandem Crash Bomber shot for the mixup. It also draws in the opponent to think I'm vulnerable from standing and shooting it, hence I'll shoot it diagonally for extra damage. A decent amount of what I attempt to do is mind games and disorientation. I've noticed people like to get rid of Leaf Shield in favor of a "handy" reflector, but I would much rather have the benefit of attacking-defense as I move, and the wonderful range and knockback that Leaf Shield provides. It's a beautiful, underrated thing.

As far as your Mewtwo, you need to be very careful with your edgeguarding game, due to Mewtwo's floatiness and vulnerability on return to the stage. I caught you with more than one Hard Knuckle, and even at less-than-high damage, that could spell doom for Meetwo and his odd Teleport angles. I noticed you shoot many, many, many Shadow Balls, and I'm curious how effective that is against all your other opponents. I obviously got caught a decent amount, but I can sense some exploiting for me to do, namely with my Leaf Shield shot. Otherwise though, that's a very solid Mewtwo you've got there.

I don't know what it is about your play, Snacks, but it really feels like you're missing something that would help you seal the deal in our matches. Experience? Hard reads? I don't know to be honest...

Nah, he doesn't Bair much. Mostly focuses on Metal Blade, Crash Bomb, and grabs.

You can jump cancel the third lemon, can't you?
Yes, you have open movenent while shooting the 3 shots, but shooting all 3 every time is predictable, and the small time it takes to finish it could lead to unwanted damage.

This guy sounds interesting. What you're saying he does is what I do too, absolutely. Part of my mind gane will be to go for a chain grab, or drop the combo after a grab, grab with Leaf Shield, grab after Metal Blade, etc.

You fought him, right? How would you rate my Mega Man in comparison to his? I really want to test my skill against a "Top 10" player here, especially since he's a fellow Mega Man user.

ZangBa

What's the best way to get custom moves? I read Trophy Rush is probably my best bet on Wii U, but that still seems really slow.

I don't know what it is about your play, Snacks, but it really feels like you're missing something that would help you seal the deal in our matches. Experience? Hard reads? I don't know to be honest...

Well, it's something. I've lost absolutely all of the movement and spacing I used to have a week ago. Might just need a break from Smash Bros. Or more sleep and more food.

Tyeforce

I posted this in the other thread, but since that one doesn't get much attention anymore, I'll post here, too...

I've uploaded the first two groups of my recreated official Mii Fighters for anyone interested!

Deafult Mii Fighters
Mii Brawler: 1111
Mii Swordfighter: 1111
Mii Gunner: 1111

Default Mii Fighters — (Alt.) trophy variants
Mii Brawler (Alt.) [3DS]: 2222
Mii Swordfighter (Alt.) [3DS]: 2222
Mii Gunner (Alt.) [3DS]: 2222
Mii Brawler (Alt.) [Wii U]: 3333
Mii Swordfighter (Alt.) [Wii U]: 3333
Mii Gunner (Alt.) [Wii U]: 3333

Search for them in game via Online > Share > View > Mii Fighters and filter region by United States.

Um, done Snacks? GGs, I think your Sheik was pretty good. I'm assuming you just picked her up? :O

To attempt to continue, since GAF is being very problematic, I'm just not feeling it lately. Always feels like I'm going on muscle memory alone and there's nothing going on in my brain. I'm not seeing the game, just randomly pushing buttons the way I remember to. Losing 9 out of 10 games to people I used to go even with. So I don't have any ideas other than taking a break and eating more or something.

Also, GAF is going to be having issues in the next couple of days. Is anyone going to be anywhere else? I assume some people will be on Anther's, but I don't know if they use the GAF chat. Nobody in the thread really uses the IRC.

To attempt to continue, since GAF is being very problematic, I'm just not feeling it lately. Always feels like I'm going on muscle memory alone and there's nothing going on in my brain. I'm not seeing the game, just randomly pushing buttons the way I remember to. Losing 9 out of 10 games to people I used to go even with. So I don't have any ideas other than taking a break and eating more or something.

Also, GAF is going to be having issues in the next couple of days. Is anyone going to be anywhere else? I assume some people will be on Anther's, but I don't know if they use the GAF chat. Nobody in the thread really uses the IRC.
A small break never hurt anyone, just as long as you get your mind back up. :) Maybe play some other games in the meanwhile, and don't come back until Lucas is out.
You and I are pretty much the only ones :lol

I forgot we had an IRC lol. I always have the Anther's chat on the side, but I don't think anyone posts there unless absolutely necessary. We could use that or move to the IRC in the meanwhile. Any thoughts?

Top Bottom