• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

To attempt to continue, since GAF is being very problematic, I'm just not feeling it lately. Always feels like I'm going on muscle memory alone and there's nothing going on in my brain. I'm not seeing the game, just randomly pushing buttons the way I remember to. Losing 9 out of 10 games to people I used to go even with. So I don't have any ideas other than taking a break and eating more or something.

Also, GAF is going to be having issues in the next couple of days. Is anyone going to be anywhere else? I assume some people will be on Anther's, but I don't know if they use the GAF chat. Nobody in the thread really uses the IRC.

You can find me on Anthers. I check the neogaf chat from time to time, but you can message me if anything.

edit: Oh you are just talking about this upcoming week. Well I won't be on, lol.

Nah, he doesn't Bair much. Mostly focuses on Metal Blade, Crash Bomb, and grabs.

That's pretty much how I play Mega Man, while also mixing in regular buster shots. I use Slash Claw mainly as a kill move when edgeguarding and for cross-ups.

I'm horrible at mixing Leaf Shield and Mega Upper into my game and bad at using them in general. I prefer Skull Barrier, though I'm aware that Leaf Shield has tons of utility if used correctly!

Boney

Banned
I posted this in the other thread, but since that one doesn't get much attention anymore, I'll post here, too...

I've uploaded the first two groups of my recreated official Mii Fighters for anyone interested!

Deafult Mii Fighters
Mii Brawler: 1111
Mii Swordfighter: 1111
Mii Gunner: 1111

Default Mii Fighters — (Alt.) trophy variants
Mii Brawler (Alt.) [3DS]: 2222
Mii Swordfighter (Alt.) [3DS]: 2222
Mii Gunner (Alt.) [3DS]: 2222
Mii Brawler (Alt.) [Wii U]: 3333
Mii Swordfighter (Alt.) [Wii U]: 3333
Mii Gunner (Alt.) [Wii U]: 3333

Search for them in game via Online > Share > View > Mii Fighters and filter region by United States.
awesome! These guys should have a Mii plaza adventure game

Tyeforce

awesome! These guys should have a Mii plaza adventure game
Yay, someone else cares! lol

I'll have the rest that are based on the official Miis used to represent the DLC outfits uploaded in the next few days, if anyone wants those as well. Can't upload them all at once due to being limited to 10 uploads per day.

Good stuff, Puruzi. This is all new to me, fighting people on this thread. You guys seem like some good Smash enthusiasts like myself, and I look forward to bettering my game by fighting you all more. Gotta lose a bunch before you start winning, so rest assured, I'll beat that freakin' Ness of yours, you'll see!

Puruzi

Banned
Good stuff, Puruzi. This is all new to me, fighting people on this thread. You guys seem like some good Smash enthusiasts like myself, and I look forward to bettering my game by fighting you all more. Gotta lose a bunch before you start winning, so rest assured, I'll beat that freakin' Ness of yours, you'll see!

ehehe we'll see about that

You have a really excellent MM dude, ggs! Second best I've ever played, I totally wanna see you and tipster fight.
Oh, why thank you! I've heard of thus Tipster person, and I'm very intrigued to battle him. Always looking to fight powerful opponents, because it'll only help me get better. Trust me, once we fight more and I learn you better, you're gonna find I'll be winning more than my fair share of matches! Haha

Soon enough, I'm sure. I'll be around here more, so I'll be looking forward to some nice competition with you folks. Bring it on, I'm ready for anyone's challenge.

EDIT: Whoops, double post.

Cool, I might be available to play later around 8 CST, hit me up then or we can arrange for sometime tomorrow. :) Always good to have new players.

ESAM's face holy shit. Dying

Customs would balance the game they said.

High tiers don't get as much out of them as low tiers would they said.

Pikachu's customs aren't fucked they said.

Last one for me

GGs! Let me start off with Meta Knight. I can see that you are inexperienced with him. I just played Cyberman's not too long ago, and his was much harder to damage. You use down-B a lot, and that allows a lot of punishes. For the most part you were predictable, as after every fsmash you would do a dash attack. But once again, it is just a lack of experience.

Wario was very hard to beat. Chomp out-priotizes everything else, and it really ruins Yoshi's spacing. I feel once my DK is better than a week old, I would be more comfortable with him in this match-up. Your Wario never died, and that allowed you to get more farts and %, and it was scary knowing you had max rage. Very nice Wario :)

Sakurai says he doesn't play favorites when balancing Smash.

Anyone think this is true? Kirby was total barf in Melee and I still think Brawl Meta Knight was a complete anomaly.

He also notes that there's no real logic behind the idea of him choosing to balance his preferred characters:

Something tells me Sakurai's favorite characters aren't Diddy, Sheik, Luma, and Sonic. Discuss?

That has never been true. Sakurai has never played favorites and that is patently obvious to anyone with even a modicum of common sense, for basically the reasons you just stated.

Palutena is kind of assy without customs, Pit and Dark Pit are simply good, and Kirby and Meta Knight aren't relatively lacking in this game.

Dedede is pretty strong, though. OMG BIAS CONFIRMED

GGs! Let me start off with Meta Knight. I can see that you are inexperienced with him. I just played Cyberman's not too long ago, and his was much harder to damage. You use down-B a lot, and that allows a lot of punishes. For the most part you were predictable, as after every fsmash you would do a dash attack. But once again, it is just a lack of experience.

Wario was very hard to beat. Chomp out-priotizes everything else, and it really ruins Yoshi's spacing. I feel once my DK is better than a week old, I would be more comfortable with him in this match-up. Your Wario never died, and that allowed you to get more farts and %, and it was scary knowing you had max rage. Very nice Wario :)
Yeah I need to get out of the habit of doing it. For Glory players always get caught by it, so I keep thinking I might catch you by surprise. Goes to show FG isn't the best practice lol. Same deal with dash attacking after FSmash.

Yeaah I honestly have no idea how to beat DK. I stopped trying to challenge Kong Cyclone (till I find out bite beats it lol) but the issue comes from landing against DK. NO IDEA what to do there. Really liked playing against your Yoshi though. Very fast paced matches.

Kirby and Meta Knight aren't exactly amazing in Smash 4, either.
Meta Knight is great.

Meta Knight isn't great compared to Brawl, I mean (thankfully, he obviously needed the nerf). But if Sakurai played favorites, he wouldn't have nerfed Meta Knight at all and Kirby would be one of the best characters in the game.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Want to give me Bowser XP in a bit?

Can't. I pretty much have to eat and sleep soon. I have to work early tomorrow.

Besides I have to build up my Ganon to be as great as my Bowser. Since Ganon was my old main in Brawl.

Meta Knight isn't great compared to Brawl, I mean (thankfully, he obviously needed the nerf). But if Sakurai played favorites, he wouldn't have nerfed Meta Knight at all and Kirby would be one of the best characters in the game.

He said DDD is perfect though. Bias.

JulianImp

I'll be saving this replay... never expected the hydrant to push you back with perfect timing for a fmsash!

Maybe nami could join us.

Top Bottom