• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

JulianImp

It appears to work even better against Fox, but I've got to fire them a bit closer to the ledge to prevent them from double jumping into Fox Illusion. It also looks like Fox freezes at around 50%.

We could try timed or coin matches for this kind of stuff, since stock feels a bit off when all we want to do is try moves out.

Want to lab anything else?

Edit: you have control of the settings. Do as you like. I have dinner in five minutes.

That's just Karst being an old man. :p For real though, so long as you keep your head on and not intentionally underperform, it's all in good fun. After all, we've had many doubles matches in places like Temple, Temple, Omega Kalos, and Temple. :D
Come here so I can hit you with my cane ye lil crap.

It appears to work even better against Fox, but I've got to fire them a bit closer to the ledge to prevent them from double jumping into Fox Illusion.
Hmm. I felt like Fox could jump far enough back to get to their vanish point. If you get too close he can roll recover or attack recover.

Nah, I'm good. I guess I'd want to try a match or two against your Mewtwo before calling it quits for today.
I gotta go. Quesadilla is getting cold. GGs, sorry it was so short. I wish they would fix Halberd ledges.

Don't worry Karst, we can all celebrate your birthday whenever it is by picking Yoshi/Dongbender and spamming Omega Kalos/Smashville/Battlefield over and over. :D
Pfft, DK doesn't bother me. :p

I love all of those stages, too!

Working on a new approach to Yoshi inspired by Shamrock.

My birthday is Jan 31, though, so you are now on the hook for celebrating it somehow.

Boney

Banned
Quote you feel like playing?

Whoa. Mental note: Do not play team battles with SmashGAF.

Shit is serious business and the salt is real. :(
Karst is a lot more opinionated than others on this issue. Personally I don't have a problem because I'm not that invested in the games to get heated up. If my partner shares my stock and they die before me still, I'll laugh it up, and make fun of them. I think it's always better to have 2 people on board and it's always better to have an anchor character like say DK over Mewtwo in a 2v1. 100% is around my benchmark for stealing the stock, depending on weight.

Karst is a lot more opinionated than others on this issue. Personally I don't have a problem because I'm not that invested in the games to get heated up. If my partner shares my stock and they die before me still, I'll laugh it up, and make fun of them. I think it's always better to have 2 people on board and it's always better to have an anchor character like say DK over Mewtwo in a 2v1. 100% is around my benchmark for stealing the stock, depending on weight.
I dunno my connection is kind of intermittent right now but we could try.

It's just basic manners from my perspective. Do you take other people's stuff just because you run out?

Nah, I wasn't questioning why you were angry or anything - I wasn't there to be able to make a judgement like that. I was just remarking on how quickly and suddenly things got salty!

Nah man, teams are some of the most fun you can have here. Don't let it bother you!

Speaking of, we should do double Mega sometime ;p

I would love to do that - and I would never, ever want to be someone on the receiving end of that matchup. I feel like a team of two Mega... Mans... Men... that knows what it's doing would be one of most obnoxious matchups in all of Smash 4.

Unless they're up against two Rosalinas. :mad:

That's just Karst being an old man. :p For real though, so long as you keep your head on and not intentionally underperform, it's all in good fun. After all, we've had many doubles matches in places like Temple, Temple, Omega Kalos, and Temple. :D

Regular Temple? Not Omega Temple? That sounds really fun. I always love a good team battle on Temple!

I don't really appreciate the fact that you just generalizing me like that because I don't; and I know most of us don't too.

Wait, what? My post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek. I mean yeah, the salt seemed pretty intense, but I wasn't trying to call anyone out at all - least of all you!

Nah, I wasn't questioning why you were angry or anything - I wasn't there to be able to make a judgement like that. I was just remarking on how quickly and suddenly things got salty!

I would love to do that - and I would never, ever want to be someone on the receiving end of that matchup. I feel like a team of two Mega... Mans... Men... that knows what it's doing would be one of most obnoxious matchups in all of Smash 4.

Unless they're up against two Rosalinas. :mad:

Regular Temple? Not Omega Temple? That sounds really fun. I always love a good team battle on Temple!
Temple is a cancer that is killing 2v2s slowly
and omega kalos

TWILT

Banned
Yeaahhh, this is a fight I'll definitely stick with Pikachu lol. Have to outplay the Fox player so hard if I want to win with Shulk.

JulianImp

Yeah, I mostly agree that I don't care all that much about getting my stock stolen and then losing or whatever, but I sympathise with Karst on this because Mewtwo is a glass cannon, so taking a stock while it's over 50% tends to result on Mewtwo being out of the game quickly - a couple of slip-ups or a bad read will cost it the stock.

By the way, who was it that could upload replays? There's a couple I'd like to preserve before Lucas comes out of Nowhere and has them keep Porkey company inside the Absolutely Safe Capsule.

Not the best note to go out on but that's enough for me. GGs Twilty, your characters are hard to fight. Especially Pikachu, that damn rat just has to zip all over the place and there's not much to do against it. :T I'll just have to train my Mario Bros. to manhandle the thing...

TWILT

Banned
GGs CRQ! Fun matches; I'm somewhat familiar with the Wario and Brawler MU thanks to fighting Spin/Shamrock a good amount of times, but more practice is always appreciated. Gunner...ahh, I would have had 2 of those matches if I was a bit more patient, but ah well. Thanks again for playing!

EDIT: If there's interest in 2v2s, I'll play for a bit.

Yeah, I mostly agree that I don't care all that much about getting my stock stolen and then losing or whatever, but I sympathise with Karst on this because Mewtwo is a glass cannon, so taking a stock while it's over 50% tends to result on Mewtwo being out of the game quickly - a couple of slip-ups or a bad read will cost it the stock.

By the way, who was it that could upload replays? There's a couple I'd like to preserve before Lucas comes out of Nowhere and has them keep Porkey company inside the Absolutely Safe Capsule.
Beats, I think?

I could for like...two days. Then the HDD failed. -_-

Neki

Not the best note to go out on but that's enough for me. GGs Twilty, your characters are hard to fight. Especially Pikachu, that damn rat just has to zip all over the place and there's not much to do against it. :T I'll just have to train my Mario Bros. to manhandle the thing...

We should play, last time you manhandled me with the Doctor. :(

Best part about smash GAF is that you have people of various skill levels allowing people to safely transition people better. Some aren't that great. Others are definite tourney grade. Also we got almost every character as a main for someone.

And GAF keeps things all business like without the trash talk and just constructive criticism and suggestions.
That's what I'm liking about this place so far. Looking forward to that aspect of this place. Gotta train as much as possible so I can get ready for East Coast Throwdown this weekend.

On that note, I'd like to battle. Who's down? I've heard word of this Tipster person who also plays Mega Man. Are you here? Let's battle!

Top Bottom