• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

I'm around for some games

I mean after I lost the second jump there wasn't much I could do. And I wouldn't call them reads when pretty much every option was covered by having a lightning ball hover around covering space. Totally messed up on the last phantasm as I aimed for the edge though

/salty

Yeah, not really a read. You either hit the ledge and he whiffs a bat because the move is completely safe, especially when you're on the ledge, or you miss the ledge and get hit by the bat.

Hey guys, just posting to say I've made top 32 at Mashfest with Doc! I don't know how much more I can last, but I'm proud of how far I am.

I know it's no Paragon but hey, almost all the top Illinois players are here so it means something to me. :)

Good job. Have you been on stream? Can't really get myself to watch what you're at when Paragon is going on.

Edit: Looks like you're on stream now.

Laughlin

Hey guys, just posting to say I've made top 32 at Mashfest with Doc! I don't know how much more I can last, but I'm proud of how far I am.

I know it's no Paragon but hey, almost all the top Illinois players are here so it means something to me. :)

I'm an Illinois player and wasn't even aware of this event!

Where was it located?

Dr. Mario's limbs are too stubby to keep up with Zero Suit.

I'll need to get those ethernet wall adapters when I move in December. And if the internet is bad then I will give up on Smash Bros. forever.

Boney

Banned
Ah, I see =( I saw a bunch of people playing together yesterday, I think, and I thought it was in tourney mode. Oh well.
We add each other via nnid's and just host private rooms. Most of us are regulars so we have each other added.

New can play if you want

We add each other via nnid's and just host private rooms. Most of us are regulars so we have each other added.

New can play if you want

I've played a couple people over here, I just don't feel like I stack up and don't want to waste people's time by playing someone with a much higher level.

Granted I've improved in the last couple months, but I just don't feel like like I stack up =B

I've played a couple people over here, I just don't feel like I stack up and don't want to waste people's time by playing someone with a much higher level.

Granted I've improved in the last couple months, but I just don't feel like like I stack up =B

You won't "stack up" if you don't practice. I never beat Anonymous Tipster once on the 3DS version, but matches are much different now. Besides, Boney's time can't be wasted.
Kappa

Ricky 7

Tipster I'm gonna go to bed now. Really great games though, shame about the lag it effects both our characters so much because they rely on proper spacing. I like your playstyle as well, got some cool set ups.

Tipster I'm gonna go to bed now. Really great games though, shame about the lag it effects both are characters so much because they rely on proper spacing. I like your playstyle as well, got some cool set ups.

Definitely great games! Thanks for toughing it out and staying awake :p

The lag was a bit of a downer but it wasn't so bad in the later games. I really enjoyed seeing your Charizard and what you could make him do. I've gained a new appreciation for his ground game, that's for sure!

We will have to play some more later on!

Ricky 7

Definitely great games! Thanks for toughing it out and staying awake :p

The lag was a bit of a downer but it wasn't so bad in the later games. I really enjoyed seeing your Charizard and what you could make him do. I've gained a new appreciation for his ground game, that's for sure!

We will have to play some more later on!

Yeah Charizard's ground game is solid, he has speed and range. Also his new Up Throw made it so much better as well.

Hopefully yeah we do get to play again. My brother mains Mega Man as well so I can give him some tips I learn from you like F-air to Down Tilt, I had no idea that was a thing.

It's been this long and I still have no idea how to really play the Peach match up. I'm mostly using Roy these days, so I'm pretty much just trying to rush the fuck out of her :T

Yeah, not really a read. You either hit the ledge and he whiffs a bat because the move is completely safe, especially when you're on the ledge, or you miss the ledge and get hit by the bat.

Good job. Have you been on stream? Can't really get myself to watch what you're at when Paragon is going on.

Edit: Looks like you're on stream now.

Lol nobody wants to give me credit :( What constitutes a read for you

Cronox

Banned
For glory is so good sometimes, makes me feel like I'm top tier. Played Mewtwo a bit for fun and cleaned house, played a little Sheik and almost looked competent. FG people are providing a welcome service. They da real MVP.

Edit: Poltergust our GAF bro Yoshi player currently exposing one of Norcal's best on stream. Edit edit: well, exposed him for the first match anyway. I wonder if he could have DI'd the dthrow to uairs better, Sheik shouldn't just get those.

Lol nobody wants to give me credit :( What constitutes a read for you

Something like charging a smash where someone is going to roll, or predicting the get-up option someone is going to do. I guess technically what you did was a read, but it was a read with no risks. If he landed on stage and your bat missed, you wouldn't get punished at all due to the endlag on Falco's side-B and the low endlag on Ness' fsmash. If he recovered to the ledge instead, your bat would've missed but also leave you perfectly safe.

Something like charging a smash where someone is going to roll, or predicting the get-up option someone is going to do. I guess technically what you did was a read, but it was a read with no risks. If he landed on stage and your bat missed, you wouldn't get punished at all due to the endlag on Falco's side-B and the low endlag on Ness' fsmash. If he recovered to the ledge instead, your bat would've missed but also leave you perfectly safe.

Reading the opponent is reading the opponent. The risk involved doesn't factor into whether or not I read the opponent. I never argued the low risk involved, because it isn't even a factor in what I said, and it was several good reads in a row which is why I liked the kill.
Read 1: Recognizing he would probably use his reflector upon seeing my pkthunder so I held it back, looped it, and went hit him after
2. the immediate side b recovery attempt is hit with another pkthunder and nair, and he is knocked to the other side
3.pk thunder on his up b recovery twice from across the stage when he could have recovered other ways
4. predicting the side b recovery onto stage and hitting him with the bat from the correct distance.

I just thought it was a good solid sequence that I don't normally get all the time. Don't think he touched the ground the whole time during that sequence.

Would anyone like to 1v1?

lol I edgeguarded a DK that tried to edgeguard me from 0 to around 40 into a spike and it felt SO good. I wish I could've saved that but it wasn't even my console :T

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I am at maximum salt from a full day of Smash. What the hell does Mewtwo do against Wario's bike? >:-|

Shield and grab should work.

Or you can just SB it.

Pretty sure I grabbed him off it before.

Might be able to actually use Teleport. Since Mr Wah has to turn around or jump to get to you anyway.

Shield and grab should work.

Or you can just SB it.

Pretty sure I grabbed him off it before.

Might be able to actually use Teleport. Since Mr Wah has to turn around or jump to get to you anyway.
If he turns the bike right on your shield, you can't shield grab - you'll get hit out of it.

You can only SB when SB is ~75% charged.

You can teleport away, but then he's just going to come at you again. :p

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If he turns the bike right on your shield, you can't shield grab - you'll get hit out of it.

You can only SB when SB is ~75% charged.

You can teleport away, but then he's just going to come at you again. :p

Would a jumping Confuse work? Either that or try to go for a jumping Nair.

I don't like playing against Wario as Mewtwo.

I don't like fighting anyone as Mewtwo actually

Top Bottom