• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

RomanceDawn

I think this Smash is undoubtedly the most balanced since 64. It really is amazing considering how many characters are vastly different move sets and unique character mechanics there are.

It's been a while but are people still using customs or has everyone gotten that out of their systems?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
who turned custom on? :|

Custom on with random is just terrible because it gave me a lot of negative defense and I died faster than I should have.

Well then I just gotta train up my shitty Luigi because everyone says he beats Fox and Mario. Mario beats Yoshi just by spamming up smash :(

Anyone want to play?

Luigi beats Fox in the dumbest way, Fox can't deal with his stupid grab game and fireballs, and those aerials hurt a hell of a lot on a light character who falls fast.

I'd imagine a lot of people think Luigi can beat Mario in the neutral, and at the very least gets more out of his grabs than Mario.

Luigi is Satan.

I'm not going to play with full second pauses. I hate this place.

Here's what my ping looks like, so everyone can understand the thrill I've been dealing with for a month and a half:
i2RSRHC.jpg

https://youtu.be/iYx5NFnqq2Q

What the hell was vanilla Greninja like to get shat on so badly? :(

Hydro Pump was nearly broken. Up smash was pretty good, but in the current metagame I don't think it would have stood out that much. His Shadow Sneak glitches weren't developed enough to have made a difference, and Rosalina was already dominating the tournament scene well before the patch came out. People saw a fast character and arbitrarily decided he must be top tier, same as Zero Suit. I still don't know how Zero Suit got away with no major nerfs, but that's a good thing since they would have sent her straight to mid tier too.

Cronox

Banned
So do we still use customs regularly around here?

Not so much. They're pretty much gone since EVO. At best people will agree to allow all combinations of Mii fighters, but that's it. I liked dash slash, but no point using it now since customs are mostly over. There are still some smaller regions using them though, or they have side events with customs.

RomanceDawn

Not so much. They're pretty much gone since EVO. At best people will agree to allow all combinations of Mii fighters, but that's it. I liked dash slash, but no point using it now since customs are mostly over. There are still some smaller regions using them though, or they have side events with customs.

Wonderful, I came back as the smoke has cleared then.

Finally getting back into this after several months break. It seems like the online has stabilized for me. I very rarely have unplayable matches anymore. I also noticed that the GC Adapter is back in stock, so I ordered one of those.

There's a crazy amount of DLC available now too. I'll probably skip all the costumes. Nice that they're available though.k

I added a number of people who've posted on this last page case anyone wants to play. I'm up for anything.

Would you all agree that Sm4sh is the most balanced game in the series in terms of amount of viable characters?

Depends on if you mean by sheer numbers or by percentage of each game's overall roster.

If numbers, then absolutely - there's no question. The vast majority of this 55-character roster is well-balanced.

If percentage, then Smash 4 might fall just behind Smash 64 in terms of how much of its roster is well-balanced. To be fair, though, a 55-character roster is much harder to balance than a 12-character one!

No matter which metric you use, though, Smash 4 absolutely embarrasses Brawl and especially Melee in terms of balance. It's not even close.

Hey guys, just posting to say I've made top 32 at Mashfest with Doc! I don't know how much more I can last, but I'm proud of how far I am.

I know it's no Paragon but hey, almost all the top Illinois players are here so it means something to me. :)

Top Bottom