• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Well time to see how I fare in my local. It's 1v1 this time so it's gonna be interesting. Didn't get as much practice in as I wanted but oh well. It's some thing like 32 people here

I think you need to give it another year before saying such. If we keep getting patches, then it certainly will be.

While true, even in it's infancy and as is, I think it has the largest amount of competitively viable characters. I am hoping the official stage list grows with more additions

While true, even in it's infancy and as is, I think it has the largest amount of competitively viable characters. I am hoping the official stage list grows with more additions
Yeah, I was looking at CRQ's tier list, and I realized that if you just toned down a handful of top tier characters, no one really stands out as being too good. Then there are just a handful of characters that stand out as being far too weak. If they bring those two extremes in, the game will start looking very good.

However, it might be even better to move everyone up to the top tier ranks, but that takes significantly more work.

Yeah, I was looking at CRQ's tier list, and I realized that if you just toned down a handful of top tier characters, no one really stands out as being too good. Then there are just a handful of characters that stand out as being far too weak. If they bring those two extremes in, the game will start looking very good.

However, it might be even better to move everyone up to the top tier ranks, but that takes significantly more work.

that's the ideal situation yea. We want the lower tiers to have more options, not the higher tiers to have less, overall

that's the ideal situation yea. We want the lower tiers to have more options, not the higher tiers to have less, overall
Except Sheik shouldn't have a safe, invincible KO move for her recovery, and Rosalina shouldn't be able to KO while she is disabled. Take those options away. :p

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
While true, Smash is really a different fighter and can't be compared in such a way, as the act of balancing so many characters with these types of physics is a different beast

Emphasis on "other" fighters.

Also they need to nerf needles.

I am picking up Sheik to learn how to beat Sheik using knowledge and it's really dumb.

Gets dumber with customs.

Yeah, I think it's telling that when Zero is falling short with Sheik, he always goes to Diddy and destroys.

Sometimes he starts with Diddy. I think he's just trying to not get figured out too hard. Sometimes he'll go Sheik right away if he loses or has a close game as Diddy. But that he easily beat the "best Sheik in the world" with Diddy was pretty telling.

Cronox

Banned
Sometimes he starts with Diddy. I think he's just trying to not get figured out too hard. Sometimes he'll go Sheik right away if he loses or has a close game as Diddy. But that he easily beat the "best Sheik in the world" with Diddy was pretty telling.

In an interview about being burned out he said people are studying all his match videos from tournament to tournament so he feels an obligation to mix strategies up so people don't catch on to any particular one. His interview after beating Vinnie was interesting, that by switching back and forth between Diddy and Sheik he was forcing Vinnie to go between 2 different playstyles from match to match. But in the second set he decided to clutch it out as Diddy.

FluxWaveZ

Sure, give me like 5 minutes though, dad called.

GGs. Hadn't played with customs in a real long while; they were so silly I had to turn them off at some point, heh.

We were having too many parties jumping near the ledge. Not sure which character truly had the advantage there.

Gonna play at a tourney tomorrow, and I'm thinking of bringing out the pocket MK for any Sheiks who show up. What do you guys think? I'm worried Mario straight up loses and Fox will have too much of a hard time. '~'

Gonna play at a tourney tomorrow, and I'm thinking of bringing out the pocket MK for any Sheiks who show up. What do you guys think? I'm worried Mario straight up loses and Fox will have too much of a hard time. '~'

I've never seen you play Meta Knight once. I guess it depends on how good you are with him. I would likely just stick with Fox or Mario.

Top Bottom