• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Boney

Banned
Shame we couldn't get a good connection. Let's play some other time. I only use b tiers so I'm screwed with this game.

We can stop if you'd like, no problem.

It's just time, really. 8:00 pm on Sunday night.
We can do a few more, but it's not the best

Oh guess not?

We can do a few more, but it's not the best

Oh guess not?

Let's try again later.

At least with Ike, you play better than I do, but I feel like I'm not that far off either. Hopefully without lag I can provide a better challenge.
Sometimes I play some people on GAF it's almost discouraging the disparity between skill lol

Yeah, there's a Wii/Wii u USB to Ethernet adaptor. It really makes a difference

100% truth to this, I live in Puerto Rico and it has made my matches much better vs GAF......now I just gotta upgrade my Internet to be able to handle more then just 1v1. ='P

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yeah, I agree that Needles are on another level from anything else in the game.

-Travels extremely fast.
-Combos into KO moves at high %.
-Spammable.
-Nigh-invisible.
-Piercing.

Nothing else in the game has that. Even charged projectiles like Shadow Ball, Sun Salutation, and Charge Beam only have 1-2 of those.

Edit: You can't even reflect punish them, really. Reflectors don't extend projectile travel distances, so they dissipate before they get to her.

Penetrating needles make things worse.

Take all you said and add shield damage and the ability to go through Luma.

It is dumb.

Half the range and needles but twice as fast.

J@hranimo

Banned
It doesn't make sense though, one move renders your your entire recovery useless.

And yes Prodigy, his Pika wasn't gonna do anything because Dabuz is the better player.

Also there's only ONE prominent Rosa player, it ain't hard to think "oh man, this character hard counters mine, time to use a secondary!"

I'm curious, how so? I haven't messed with Lucas (or this game, lol Splatoon) much recently but I do know his nair is a good option.

He has more options vs Ness

His nair is good, but pretty overrated. His dair is where it is at. I seem to be the only Lucas player that realizes this. Lucas can jump and dair over Rosa, and if she blocks it, there is usually enough time to avoid a counter. It is easy to hit Rosa with this move as she is so tall.

PK Fire harasses the shit out of Luma. After a little bit of damage, it actually sends Luma into a free fall, so if you time it right, you can pkfire luma off the stage with 2 or 3 pkfires.

He has better recovery options, obviously. A tether and a Pk2 that covers more distance.

His dsmash near the ledge can actually hit a recovering Rosa before she gets invincibility frames from grabbing the ledge.

I still think Rosa has a slight advantage, but Lucas does have options. Ultimately the problem with Lucas with any matchup is that he can have trouble killing at times.

Oh, ggs I guess......cant believe im asking this but are you willing to give lessons shamrock? I dont know why I turn into a scrublord when fighting you. Id like to think I give most people here a decent small challenge at least. But you just dominate me.

Im willing to play you anura.

Edit: oh nvm then.

Oh, ggs I guess......cant believe im asking this but are you willing to give lessons shamrock? I dont know why I turn into a scrublord when fighting you. Id like to think I give most people here a decent small challenge at least. But you just dominate me.

Im willing to play you anura.

Edit: oh nvm then.

It's hard to pinpoint. You do have a solid foundation with all of your characters.
I will say you seem to have a mental lapse or two here and there that gets you into trouble. I think I gimped you quite a few times in our set. Some were unavoidable but others weren't. I think that was one of your bigger issues, because during games you would be keeping up well, and then you would make a silly error that would cause you to get a pkfire up close into a bat, for example.

Start studying the mannerisms of your opponent a little better. You have a good set strategy, but you need to optimize it during a match based on what the opponent is doing. I have habits, just like everyone else, and if you can discover those habits you can take advantage of knowing what I will probably do in a situation. That's one of the most important things about this game and an area you can definitely improve in. Often times I will throw out a jump or a move just to see what the opponent will do, so for future moments in a match I can take advantage of that knowledge.

Anura

I don't see a room... Maybe we didn't play each other? My NNID is jollystance and my mii's name is dotty for reference

Top Bottom