• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Thanks for that.....I really felt helpless vs your Pk thunder barrage. I really think I should of handled that last match better with Sonic, felt like you were really testing me with your range.

Guess I gotta be more patient and panic less.

Lag is finally a bucketload better. Anyone wanna play? Caio.Gaver NNID =B

Btw, I really love Falco. Sheik has been my main since god knows when (even shitty Brawl Sheik), but Falco is so much fun to play.

I know he's not as high tier as Fox, but he has a lot of options on his sleeve =P

Anura

Lag is finally a bucketload better. Anyone wanna play? Caio.Gaver NNID =B

Btw, I really love Falco. Sheik has been my main since god knows when (even shitty Brawl Sheik), but Falco is so much fun to play.

I know he's not as high tier as Fox, but he has a lot of options on his sleeve =P
I can play! NNID jollystance

Ok! You wanna make the room? I will be there in a second

Room created. One second though, controller is messed

EDIT: Had to recreate the room. My tablet was being used as the controller, not my gamecube controller =0

EDIT: Good match. I really gotta learn how to stage tech.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The vast majority of my issues with him are his inconsistent/stupid hitboxes, not his actual playstyle. I whiffed THREE Fsmashes in one match against a Falco player at point blank range. -_-

I still think he's mid tier; there are worse characters.

Definitely mid.

Hitboxes are definitely one of the BIG problems.

Too much shit just whiffs. Like a lot of attacks have the decency of Ganon Grab.

Definitely mid.

Hitboxes are definitely one of the BIG problems.

Too much shit just whiffs. Like a lot of attacks have the decency of Ganon Grab.
If I got a patch that just made the hitboxes match the animations, I would never complain about Mewtwo again.

Especially Fair. Goddamn Fair.

Anura

Room created. One second though, controller is messed

EDIT: Had to recreate the room. My tablet was being used as the controller, not my gamecube controller =0

EDIT: Good match. I really gotta learn how to stage tech.

GGs! I gotta go it's getting pretty late. Good Falco! Man I wish he and sheik didn't fall out of my side b though, lol. No johns etc but it annoys me lol

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If I got a patch that just made the hitboxes match the animations, I would never complain about Mewtwo again.

Especially Fair. Goddamn Fair.

Course we also have the extended hurtbox jank that Mewtwo apparently has after a dash attack. So he gets hit even though he is nowhere near the thing but part of his tail was so he gets hit anyway.

But Hitboxes on attacks need to be fixed ASAP.

I feel like 1.0.4. Meta Knight all over again.

Thulius

GGs Nabster. If it wasn't obvious enough, I switched to random after contemplating the life decisions that led to me willingly fighting a Rosalina online.

RomanceDawn

The vast majority of my issues with him are his inconsistent/stupid hitboxes, not his actual playstyle. I whiffed THREE Fsmashes in one match against a Falco player at point blank range. -_-

I still think he's mid tier; there are worse characters.

Who do you think is worse?

Nabster92

GGs Nabster. If it wasn't obvious enough, I switched to random after contemplating the life decisions that led to me willingly fighting a Rosalina online.

GG's Thulius. Yea I figured you were just going random, so I switched off of Rosa to spare you any more agony dealing with that at least.

Bout time to go to sleep now anyways.

Who do you think is worse?
Characters that are probably worse than Mewtwo:
Zelda
Ganondorf
Palutena
Samus
Jigglypuff
Bowser Jr.

Maybe (all got good buffs - need more tournament results to judge):
Ike
Marth
Lucina
Robin

Some of these are actually difficult matchups for Mewtwo, but overall I don't think they see much competitive success.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Zelda
Ganondorf
Palutena
Samus
Jigglypuff
Bowser Jr.

Ike
Marth
Lucina
Robin

And yet all these characters have hitboxes that work. 100% of the time.

And yet all these characters have hitboxes that work. 100% of the time.
Definitely not true. Zelda's ftilt has the same problem Mewtwo's Fsmash does. It whiffs point blank. Other characters on the list have other issues, too:

Palutena has a move that doesn't even function if the opponent rolls or dodges.

Ganondorf has the only grab worse than Mewtwo's (sorry, Pac-man players - it isn't that bad).

Samus' jab didn't (doesn't?) even combo into itself.

Jigglypuff's aerials are all punishable on hit at low % if you go in too hard.

Bowser Jr's Fsmash can be DI'd out of.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Definitely not true. Zelda's ftilt has the same problem Mewtwo's Fsmash does. It whiffs point blank. Other characters on the list have other issues, too:

Palutena has a move that doesn't even function if the opponent rolls or dodges.

Ganondorf has the only grab worse than Mewtwo's (sorry, Pac-man players - it isn't that bad).

Jigglypuff's aerials are all punishable on hit at low % if you go in too hard.

Bowser Jr's Fsmash can be DI'd out of.

Perhaps I was too blunt about it. But I do feel Mewtwo has a lot of crap wrong with him.

But these problems listed should honestly be fixed.

As for Zelda and Mewtwo's problem it's the fact the actual hitbox is where the hand is.

Not the arm.

Is it dumb yes but that is where it is.

Cronox

Banned
Dude, she's so much fun! Even though there's so many obvious design flaws with her character she's still pretty satisfying to use. Her kill confirms are pretty great even though they're hard to land and not 100% guaranteed.

I just got done playing one of the best Zeldas I've fought on for glory tonight. A lot of our matches went past 3 minutes so I can't upload them (nor did I save those anyway), but I have one I'll upload later in case any Zelda players want to take a look. Our last match actually went to time - in tournament I would have won (he was at 120% to my 100%), but he won the sudden death. I was surprised how hard it is to get out of punishment after the dthrow. Even DI'ing mostly the right way, I was mashing the jump button to try and get out of the uair that was coming, and an airdodge would lead to a sweetspot kick (on Bowser they're all sweetspots) so that wasn't much help either. Even at 80% I couldn't get out of it. Also found that her neutral b seemed to out-prioritize whatever attack I was throwing towards it at the time. I've read complaints about its efficacy, but against Bowser it seems to work as intended. Sometimes the mid-tiers seem more balanced than the high tiers - neither of us had a great way to approach the other, so we had to kind of just get close to each other and see what happened - usually throws and Zelda phantom and neutral b shenanigans.

FSLink

Banned

This was intentional though. The biggest issue with Samus is that, for a character that has a lot of projectiles her neutral is actually pretty weak. Missiles are one of the most non-threatening projectiles in the game.

I have Mewtwo as bottom three personally, if he worked right he might be above those characters you listed.

Can someone criticize my rather lame Meta Knight and maybe give me insight on what I should focus on improving?

For Metaknight, focus on using ftilt more. It's such a good, quick move, and perfect pivot ftilts are a great spacing tool.
You also should use Neutral B a lot more, especially since it's a good punish tool against rolls.
Also be sure to know the percentages for the uair to upb combos, and to know the other options you can do if you mess it up/opponent falls out because you did it at the wrong percent range (go into nair or bair for example).

Boney

Banned
Zelda
Ganondorf
Palutena
Samus
Jigglypuff
Bowser Jr.

Ike
Marth
Lucina
Robin

Some of these are actually difficult matchups for Mewtwo, but overall I don't think they see much competitive success.
Brah, definately check Ryo's Ike and Lucina. Dude is insaaaaane, wins tons of mvg's.

But out of that list, only character I consider worse is ganondorf, but at least dorf is a hell of a lot more threatening. Mewtwo's weight makes him garbage, even if jank got fixed he still has a mediocre everything compared to his weight. You gotta play perfect just like with Zelda, and that's not worth the benefits.

RomanceDawn

Any good Little Macs here? It used to be Sonic, then Rosalina and ROb but I've widdled down my impossible match ups to Little Mac.

I feel like DK is a hard counter to him but for what ever reason a good Mac makes use of that Super armor and I never get around it. What do I need to be doing?

Any good Little Macs here? It used to be Sonic, then Rosalina and ROb but I've widdled down my impossible match ups to Little Mac.

I feel like DK is a hard counter to him but for what ever reason a good Mac makes use of that Super armor and I never get around it. What do I need to be doing?

Tipster I think plays a mean Mac

Top Bottom