• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

We can do it that way or we can do it where each player plays two in a row before switching. So I would fight Dimitri, and then fight you, and you would fight Dimitri, and he would then fight me, and it would continue.

So who first?

Edit: hiccups, eh ggs nami, ill play you another time dawn, enjoy playing with Nami.

RomanceDawn

Might be my lag, been having a problem.

Oh where did Dimitri go?

Yeah I don't know. We didn't lag like that before. Anyone know how I can check on and possibly improve my connection? Sorry about that guys.

Luigi dthrow to fair to fair to utilt to 45% seems to be a thing, and I think I can do a different move to keep it going on Palutena.

43% that time. Oh well, it is still a lead.

Dr. Buni

For Metaknight, focus on using ftilt more. It's such a good, quick move, and perfect pivot ftilts are a great spacing tool.
You also should use Neutral B a lot more, especially since it's a good punish tool against rolls.
Also be sure to know the percentages for the uair to upb combos, and to know the other options you can do if you mess it up/opponent falls out because you did it at the wrong percent range (go into nair or bair for example).
Thanks for the tips. I still have some trouble walking instead of dashing, so using tilts is hard for me. But I am practicing!

Now shamrock senpai will never notice me D':

Honest question, how do I ledge guard Luigi? Going off stage after him feels like suicide cause of tornado.

I won :D

Now shamrock senpai will never notice me D':

Honest question, how do I ledge guard Luigi? Going off stage after him feels like suicide cause of tornado.

Luigi's off-stage is his greatest weakness. I can't do the jumpless rising tornado, so if you manage to get my jump away from me, I am almost always screwed.

I wonder if my DK is good enough to use at my locals on Sunday. Obviously I would mostly go Yoshi and sometimes Luigi, but DK would be fun to bring out.

FSLink

Banned
Thanks for the tips. I still have some trouble walking instead of dashing, so using tilts is hard for me. But I am practicing!

Set your C-Stick to attack, that makes it easier. He doesn't really uses his Smashes outside of baits or punishes anyway.

Oidisco

Alright I'm picking up Rosalina. I have no intention of using Rosa against people outside of FG, I only just want to use her so I have a better idea of how to actually fight her, cos right now the struggle is so so real.

Using Zelda probably isn't helping.

Oh and speaking of Zelda, another buff request. Dear god please increase Phantom's HP! A single Gordo will destroy it, it's duuuumb!

Alright I'm picking up Rosalina. I have no intention of using Rosa against people outside of FG, I only just want to use her so I have a better idea of how to actually fight her, cos right now the struggle is so so real.

Using Zelda probably isn't helping.

Oh and speaking of Zelda, another buff request. Dear god please increase Phantom's HP! A single Gordo will destroy it, it's duuuumb!

Charged phantom isn't too great on a ddd matchup. Quickies work and mostly using it as a Gordo shield lol. I've had more success with dins fire and aiming in front of ddd in case he shoots a Gordo.

Oidisco

Charged phantom isn't too great on a ddd matchup. Quickies work and mostly using it as a Gordo shield lol. I've had more success with dins fire and aiming in front of ddd in case he shoots a Gordo.

Dedede is probably the only low/mid-tier character left that gives me a huge amount of trouble no matter what character I use. I don't know what it is, but I just play so stupidly against him and it's super annoying!
I think I just need to change my thought process when fighting him. I did the same for ROB about a month ago and I haven't lost against him since.

Dedede is probably the only low/mid-tier character left that gives me a huge amount of trouble no matter what character I use. I don't know what it is, but I just play so stupidly against him and it's super annoying!
I think I just need to change my thought process when fighting him. I did the same for ROB about a month ago and I haven't lost against him since.
I don't feel like Dedede is bad. He has so many mindgames and safe options, and he takes forever to kill. Plus the random trajectories on those calm gordos...

I don't feel like Dedede is bad. He has so many mindgames and safe options, and he takes forever to kill. Plus the random trajectories on those calm gordos...

I agree. For some reason a lot of people think Dedede is bad, but I don't know where they got this idea from. A good Dedede is hard to hit, hard to kill, and hard to punish.

I remember a commentator on some Smash tournament stream said Bowser is the heaviest in the game, and from personal experience, I don't think that is true. Dedede often lives to 150%+ with both lives, and I don't usually see Bowser live that long. I don't like fighting Dedede as Yoshi because uair kills super late and Dedede can easily bait it out and punish with all his jumps. I pretty much have to get a jab -> fsmash, random usmash, or a fair spike at high %.

Oidisco

Squall, Flare, Phantom Strike are good.

Passion gets rollers.

Squall is useless. All it does is remove one of Zelda's best kill moves and a kill confirm with nair to elevator. Flare is pretty bad, but that's largely thanks to how terrible Din's Fire is in general. Phantom Strike was pretty good, but now with the buffs it's not as good as standard, especially since it can't kill. Passion is kinda cool, but it's even more punishable than Nayru's Love, plus Love is already good at dealing with rollers.

Her custom moves are a lot like her regular moveset where a few small changes would make them so much better. Except Din's Fire, that move is completely trash and need to be changed. Personally I liked my idea of changing Din's into Zelda'a fair and having it function similar to Mii Gunner's fair

I agree. For some reason a lot of people think Dedede is bad, but I don't know where they got this idea from. A good Dedede is hard to hit, hard to kill, and hard to punish.

I remember a commentator on some Smash tournament stream said Bowser is the heaviest in the game, and from personal experience, I don't think that is true. Dedede often lives to 150%+ with both lives, and I don't usually see Bowser live that long. I don't like fighting Dedede as Yoshi because uair kills super late and Dedede can easily bait it out and punish with all his jumps. I pretty much have to get a jab -> fsmash, random usmash, or a fair spike at high %.
Agreed.

Dedede isn't heavier than Bowser, but he has a faster fall speed (IIRC), which makes him live longer than Bowser even though he is technically lighter. Mewtwo dies so quickly because he falls slowly and is light.

Squall is useless. All it does is remove one of Zelda's best kill moves and a kill confirm with nair to elevator. Flare is pretty bad, but that's largely thanks to how terrible Din's Fire is in general. Phantom Strike was pretty good, but now with the buffs it's not as good as standard, especially since it can't kill. Passion is kinda cool, but it's even more punishable than Nayru's Love, plus Love is already good at dealing with rollers.

Her custom moves are a lot like her regular moveset where a few small changes would make them so much better. Except Din's Fire, that move is completely trash and need to be changed. Personally I liked my idea of changing Din's into Zelda'a fair and having it function similar to Mii Gunner's fair
Squall is a combo breaker. You can get out of anything.

Agreed.

Dedede isn't heavier than Bowser, but he has a faster fall speed (IIRC), which makes him live longer than Bowser even though he is technically lighter. Mewtwo dies so quickly because he falls slowly and is light.

This is good to know. I know Dedede's playstyle is also a contributor to being hard to kill (floating in the air a lot, and generally farther away).

Boney

Banned
Agreed.

Squall is a combo breaker. You can get out of anything.
Smash 4 has falling speed and gravity. And gravity is what makes characters harder to kill even though they can be light fallers, unlike Melee which actually determined your vertical weight

Top Bottom