• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Everyone lives longer than Mewtwo. :p

xKMV8.jpg

Amazon has Japanese imports for $20, it's not that much above MSRP if you're willing to spend. '~'

Still, it's kinda ridiculous the situation some amiibo are in. Speaking of, I should get a Dr. Mario amiibo. :O

That's really tempting. I might end up getting that also.
The one i am printing is based off the Brawl model unfortunately (I prefer the Smash4 model), but I will paint it to look like the claymation models from the original game art.
Using this model
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:652628

I believe it is much larger than an amiibo too

That's really tempting. I might end up getting that also.
The one i am printing is based off the Brawl model unfortunately (I prefer the Smash4 model), but I will paint it to look like the claymation models from the original game art.
Using this model
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:652628

I believe it is much larger than an amiibo too

Ooooh, neat. Keep us updated on how it goes!

Do you plan on doing the rest of the party too? I know the Earthbound crew has Melee trophies that you could base a 3D model off of.

Ooooh, neat. Keep us updated on how it goes!

Do you plan on doing the rest of the party too? I know the Earthbound crew has Melee trophies that you could base a 3D model off of.

I want to but that's the only 3d model I can find of the party. I haven't found Poo, Paula, or Jeff. I did find a Starman, which I plan to print, and a Mr. Saturn

If I can find a Ness Amiibo, I can send him over to you, free of shipping.
Wow thanks. Yea give me a heads up. Don't purchase though unless I respond. I'd hate to find one and you purchase the figure before I can let you know

Blues1990

Wow thanks. Yea give me a heads up. Don't purchase though unless I respond. I'd hate to find one and you purchase the figure before I can let you know

Think nothing of it. I'm just happy that I can help, especially since I was at my local retailer and found a couple of them hidden behind all the Mario Amiibo stock.

Cronox

Banned
In case anyone missed it, Beefy smash dudes posted an enlightening video on mashouts. Wish it hadn't taken nearly a year for this info to be widely available.

It's especially weird because, when the internet started to become social, there was nothing like that here. I think that the people who stay on the internet the most, socially, are the most likely to be outcasts. As such, the internet becomes more populated by "social outcast perspective"; on the internet, they are dominant, but in daily life you hardly ever see them. However, since the internet is so powerful as a social device, I think more and more people have come to be affected by this minority opinion, giving it more mindshare.

I'm pretty much impossible to offend. I am actually irritated at work when students are "inappropriate" because I know I am supposed to be offended and teach them social propriety, but I'm unfazed. Never hesitate to be blunt and honest with me.

What's crazy is the things people are typically outraged about - they're often unimportant and petty, and the consequences of said outrage does nothing to solve the root problems, if there are any. I came across this article earlier today basically exonerating the scientist Timothy Hunt. Looks like the outrage machine was off the rails there, just like it is at least half the time. There are so many examples now, and the old "front cover story, last page retraction" cliche is still in effect. The internet's culture of outrage seems to be a combination of mass confirmation bias, very polarized people, and a weird subculture of people fanning the fires with an "ends justify the means" attitude that allows for false accusations and exaggerations if it furthers their positions.

I haven't had this experience. I know it is a popular thought, and parents are more paranoid now, but I rather find that students are generally just more clueless. Less ability to work on their own, weaker social skills, and less of an attention span. They're more likely to know a YouTube star or meme than anything useful.

This is already bad enough :/

I think the world has always been difficult - you just have to learn to mitigate the dangers of the era you exist in.

Yeah, it's just hard to do it all correctly in the moment. Often we learn what the correct decision was after the fact. Oh well.

Edit: oh yeah, on the subject of addiction (re: my post in the birth thread), cause I'm trying to find a Ted talk and have the tab open, here's something to watch/read.

Ok so here's me getting murdered by yoshi's up airs if anyone wants to see a Yoshi rack up 70% with them

http://youtu.be/zCgGMzp6y1E

http://youtu.be/jByHSL7s02I

If I can get out of these you can too Boney! DI, fast-fall, airdodges and the secret weapon... going to the ledge instead of trying to land onstage. The ledge is pretty cool, give it a hug every once in a while. I certainly do.

To be fair, the culture created in this forum makes people feel like they have to be on their tippy toes around here.

When one speaks on race, gender, LGBT or politics here or in real life one has to make one's arguments in as reasoned a fashion as possible so as to avoid a polarized response. I only post on these topics if I feel something has been left out of the discussion. Unfortunately sometimes you write a thing and people take it the wrong way, 10 people quote it in a row and you're pretty much screwed. But these things don't come out of the blue usually. As soon as it gets personal in a thread on these topics, it's probably time to leave. It's usually a waste of time and energy to argue with people on the internet. I say that as someone who occasionally argues with people on the internet. But I try not to. I have my opinion, and it doesn't matter whether some other people on the internet know it or not. Reading various arguments on GAF over the years has really helped me solidify my feelings on a variety of topics, but at this point a lot of it is old hat.

That's my real objection with GAF now, I've become too aware of the cyclical nature of discussion and I rarely find the off-topic discussion enlightening because I've seen it all. The news and stories change, the discussion remains the same. Over the years the forum has become a little less Wild West-ish. I don't mind that, even if I still fondly remember the old Drinky Crow trolling days.

Keep cycling through the characters and always come back to Bowser.

So infuriating how limited this 50+ roster is.

:(

Hail to the one and true king baby! It's funny how it seems like there's still a bunch of play-styles unaccounted for even with this many characters.

The problem is there is a huge issue with favoritism here, imo, and it empowers certain users to shut down discourse with baseless and insulting posts. I do believe most of the moderators are trying to be as objective as possible.
That's my real objection with GAF now, I've become too aware of the cyclical nature of discussion and I rarely find the off-topic discussion enlightening because I've seen it all. The news and stories change, the discussion remains the same. Over the years the forum has become a little less Wild West-ish. I don't mind that, even if I still fondly remember the old Drinky Crow trolling days.

The usual issues posted in off-topic usually involve a cluster of the same users going from thread to thread saying the same opinion no matter the details of the story. There is literally no point to adding your 2 cents to those threads. Admittedly I do get stupidly suckered into trying from time to time though and I usually regret it as the same fingers in the ear mentality creeps up with the users I try to engage.

L Thammy

Question for tournament hosts. How do you handle unlocking everything? Can we download a save file?

Also, while I'm here, I'm disappointed that the Batman Vs. Goku discussion did not become a meme.

Beats

Question for tournament hosts. How do you handle unlocking everything? Can we download a save file?

Also, while I'm here, I'm disappointed that the Batman Vs. Goku discussion did not become a meme.

you can't download a save file.

Gotta do it all manually on every setup unfortunately.

SoldnerKei

Not bad not bad. Gotta prime and paint now

not bad at all, looks pretty good

as a
n animu
figure collector, I need dis on my life, but then I remember I suck at painting... you should take pics of the painting process, would be interesting to see how it turns out step by step :D

seems like I missed an important moment

Thulius

In case anyone here cares, Rivals of Aether is now available on Steam Early Access for $14.99.

It looks pretty neat, and I'll be checking it out later today. Finally a "Smash" game even I can stream lol.

Picked this up this morning. Won't get a chance to get into it until tomorrow but I've sunk some time into earlier builds at locals. Aside from a few serious bugs(?) which have hopefully been fixed by now, it's solid. Character gimmicks are all really unique without being overly complex.

Curious to see how the netplay works out. Execution requirements definitely aren't melee level but it's tight enough that mediocre connections would ruin it.

Not bad not bad. Gotta prime and paint now

Have you played Undertale? You should play Undertale.

Damn, nice. You must work at a nice place to have access to something like that.

Did you create the schematic?

No. I believe it is just a straight up rip of the Ness trophy from Brawl. I am going to do another one later and try to change it myself to look like ninten, or put ness in a different position. I am going to wait though because I found a site that is currently ripping the models and trophies from smash4 and I prefer the ness proportions from 4 over Brawl. I found a Jeff trophy 3d file rip, but I can't find a Paula or Poo. They had trophies from melee but I can't find a 3d file of it, so if anyone can find them is appreciate it!

shit Ness' legs broke off. Luckily it's underneath the shorts so I think I will be able to super glue it and it won't be noticed. Was transferring it in a box, with several bags wrapped around it, in the car, and somehow it broke off =/. Not a hard fix though and won't be noticeable when I paint it.

Edit: I should say the body broke off from the legs and platform. It was a clean break though

SoldnerKei

Shamrock foreseeing Ness nerfs in the upcoming update, the signs are there

weird thing it broke off even with all that care, but there is nothing super glu can't fix, hopefully it won't be noticeable

Top Bottom