• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Neutral air or down air to up smash is pretty common Fox stuff. I kind of miss drill kicks.

Diddy's forward air doesn't KO that early anymore. Around 130% or so off-stage maybe. Still one of the best aerials in the game. His main issue is that he doesn't have much of a ground game other than grabs and banana.
Some of the more pessimistic Diddy players complain that down tilt doesn't combo as well as before and that the window for down tilt to up smash isn't even that good. Which is funny because it's more than twice as lenient and works on far more characters and at more percents than just about anyone else who has down tilt combos, and they even buffed his up smash in a way that directly benefits that setup.

Boney

Banned
130% when super staled I guess. But I don't really know except from fighting diddy's that are actually pretty rare online

Beats

I think moving your shield might be one of the least useful returning mechanics in this iteration. I don't think I've ever felt like I had to use it in all the matches I've played.

Bet you wish Mewtwo could do that.

Hell I wish Mewtwo could do that.
Nah. I don't think Nair OoS should kill for anyone. I'd rather Yoshi get nerfed. Mewtwo's Nair right now is pretty good; it just needs a better hitbox on the bottom so it catches shorter characters.

I think moving your shield might be one of the least useful returning mechanics in this iteration. I don't think I've ever felt like I had to use it in all the matches I've played.
Essential against Mewtwo, Bowser, and Charizard.

FSLink

Banned
130% when super staled I guess. But I don't really know except from fighting diddy's that are actually pretty rare online

It's closer to 150%. I have to go for dtilt->RAR'd bairs or banana/dtilt -> fsmash/usmashes when they start getting higher percents.

All done.

s1ioSqE.jpg

OZ29uuD.jpg

FC397qj.jpg

With that out of the way. Anyone up for some 1v1s?

So how does it ever hit? Ever?

Marth's grab was disgusting, though.
mJDTZXg.gif

The previous Smash games all had some really disgusting meta aspects to it. 64's 0-death crazy shit and Kirby's Snake-tier hitboxes, Melee's damn near every movement technique, chaingrabs (Sheik could invalidate nearly half the cast with chaingrabs), 20XX, and Marth's grab.

Brawl had Meta Knight and so many chaingrabs I'm pretty sure a majority of the cast had a chaingrab against at least one other character at some point. Not even going into grab release shit and the introduction of random 0-2 frame input lag.

Smash 4 has a pretty tame Sheik relative to the rest of the cast and...stage spikes I guess. Horizontal Vectoring maybe? Town and City platforms? Maybe the lack of a large amount of advanced tech could be considered disgustingly honest?

Oidisco

I was playing the same person on FG for over an hour. I started off with Marth against his DK and the 1st couple matches were close but then I started to figure him out. Then he switched to Marth which was pretty good, but none of the games were even close.
He switched back to DK and won 2 games, then he beat my Zelda once. After that, I had a zen moment and then I 2-stocked about 15 times and finally, I 2-stocked his Falco.

He then changed his tag to "FUCK.YOU" and immediately left.

Normally I don't give a shit, but the guy was pretty good and a lot of fun to play against, never acted like an ass and never taunted. I'm honestly kinda disappointed!

My university seems to be starting weekly Smash on Fridays tomorrow. The tournament is only Melee this week, but they have Wii U friendlies. I can't go this week but free weekly friendlies and tournaments will be nice when I am not swamped in work.

I was playing the same person on FG for over an hour. I started off with Marth against his DK and the 1st couple matches were close but then I started to figure him out. Then he switched to Marth which was pretty good, but none of the games were even close.
He switched back to DK and won 2 games, then he beat my Zelda once. After that, I had a zen moment and then I 2-stocked about 15 times and finally, I 2-stocked his Falco.

He then changed his tag to "FUCK.YOU" and immediately left.

Normally I don't give a shit, but the guy was pretty good and a lot of fun to play against, never acted like an ass and never taunted. I'm honestly kinda disappointed!
This is always so disappointing. Great, long set, but rage at the end.

Cronox

Banned
Sometimes I construct narratives for the people I meet on for glory. Met a guy whose whole gameplan was the most obvious bread and butter. First he went Pikachu, sends out a projectile and comes in after it trying for grabs. Beat him easily. Then he goes ZSS, charges paralyzer and dash grabs. Beat him easily. Then he goes Little Mac, I hit him with the ol Little Mac for glory test (he dash attacks me by the ledge, back throw into fair) which he fails twice. I'm picturing this guy playing the game in front of a few friends saying "look, I'll show you guys how easy it is to win in this game! I just go ____ and do ____, see?" Then he gets beaten, and goes, "well maybe that didn't work, I'll take this character and do _____, that's even easier," on and on until I leave, picturing his friends mocking him.

Also I feel like things come in two's lately. I leave a Ness player, the next guy is another Ness. Leave a Ryu, another Ryu afterwards. I came across two of the most stubborn players in a row, first an Ike who was so stubborn I got 2 0-70% on him just cause he refused to DI at all. Then the next guy plays Falco and literally wouldn't stop trying to dair into my usmash. 40%, 60%, 80%, at this point I'm like damn, well I guess I'll charge the next one and get this over-with, then I mess up the timing and get hit by the stupid dair. I blame myself for the guy not learning a lesson there.

Smash maintenance coming up soon:

From Tuesday, September 29, 2015 10:30 PM
- Wednesday, September 30, 2015 12:00 AM Pacific Time

During the maintenance window, the following services will be unavailable.

Wii U

- Online Play, Rankings, etc. for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Nintendo 3DS

- Online Play, Rankings, etc. for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Looks to be in preparation for the Mario Maker stage release, but will there be more?
Probably not
Let's hope so!

Also I feel like things come in two's lately. I leave a Ness player, the next guy is another Ness. Leave a Ryu, another Ryu afterwards. I came across two of the most stubborn players in a row, first an Ike who was so stubborn I got 2 0-70% on him just cause he refused to DI at all. Then the next guy plays Falco and literally wouldn't stop trying to dair into my usmash. 40%, 60%, 80%, at this point I'm like damn, well I guess I'll charge the next one and get this over-with, then I mess up the timing and get hit by the stupid dair. I blame myself for the guy not learning a lesson there.

It does seem like that way till you get my pattern.

Falcon to falcon to marth to marth to falcon to marth to ness to ness to marth to marth to lucina

Then you just start hating everything

Maintenance never means anything in any game.
Unless it's a secret Half-Life 3 ARG like every single HL2 update

Two months since I've been able to play this game online (◕‿‿◕)

Boney

Banned
The patch is coming i know it. It'll probably buff yoshi again though cause why not

Sucks that you still can get your internet foxes snacks. :(

Anybody around to Play

The patch is coming i know it. It'll probably buff yoshi again though cause why not

Sucks that you still can get your internet foxes snacks. :(

Anybody around to Play

I'll play. The only buff Yoshi got was his bair connecting all three hits more often, and it still only hits once a lot.

Boney

Banned
I'll play. The only buff Yoshi got was his bair connecting all three hits more often, and it still only hits once a lot.
Yeah i know haha just messing around, room is up!

Man, fuck luigi, if your characters doesnt out right beat him he's an asshole

So is there any way to avoid yoshi's grab release into jab (to fsmash?)

I keep getting hit by it though, maybe samus is too floaty and slow?
Either way gg, damn yoshi's ruining my day

Are you shielding? I read that every character is able to shield it, but I don't know if that is completely true. Jumping out is guaranteed though, but I don't even know how to jump out of a grab. I am guessing the last button hit has to be jump.

Good games.

Beats

Hmm, so I'm playing Samus in Melee and her up-smash has mostly the same problems as here. Opponents falling out of it, all the hits not connecting, and doesn't really have good enough killing power for a smash attack. Sitting here on Dreamland trying to kill Mario at 200+% with the last hit on it lol. It's not a huge issue in that game though since she's got a good amount of other moves/setups that can get her a kill at reasonable percents.

Gonna maybe boot up 64 and Brawl later to look at her moveset again in those games.

Boney

Banned
Hmm, so I'm playing Samus in Melee and her up-smash has mostly the same problems as here. Opponents falling out of it, all the hits not connecting, and doesn't really have good enough killing power for a smash attack. Sitting here on Dreamland trying to kill Mario at 200+% with the last hit on it lol. It's not a huge issue in that game though since she's got a good amount of other moves/setups that can get her a kill at reasonable percents.

Gonna maybe boot up 64 and Brawl later to look at her moveset again in those games.
She's been awful in every game sans Melee.

But off the top of my head in Brawl, she had a much better zair (longer range, 7% tip 4% sour) and missile cancels made missiles ok. A much better dair with huge hitbox. And her dtilt killed nicely. However, fsmash was pitiful and charge shot was a joke

She was probably better then that she is now though. But I had snake so I didn't mind playing with a bad secondary

Samus was the worst character in 64. But I always lost to her because I didn't own the game and my friend who did played her.

Maybe someday we'll understand why they're so afraid of making Samus good or at least why they think Samus is good the way she is.

Boney

Banned
Samus was the worst character in 64. But I always lost to her because I didn't own the game and my friend who did played her.

Maybe someday we'll understand why they're so afraid of making Samus good or at least why they think Samus is good the way she is.
I'd love to see an in depth look at at E3 2014 Samus, supposedly the best character in the game.

I bet she still sucked

Top Bottom