• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Soul Lab

Ggs soul, those were awesome, my connection is finally great haha

ggs jorgejjvr!
those matches helped me alot. I go to a tourney on october 3rd. It's an offical nintendo sponsored one on an expo. So I expect many Little Macs. xD
I have the feeling I go with Wario against a LM, depending on his skill lvl ofc.
If he just dash attacks I'm fine with Luigi. But agianst guys like you, I dunno. I'm too bad at perfect shielding for now. I can't punish a single move

namikazeburst: I can play a few games

jorgejjvr

ggs jorgejjvr!
those matches helped me alot. I go to a tourney on october 3rd. It's an offical nintendo sponsored one on an expo. So I expect many Little Macs. xD
I have the feeling I go with Wario against a LM, depending on his skill lvl ofc.
If he just dash attacks I'm fine with Luigi. But agianst guys like you, I dunno. I'm too bad at perfect shielding for now. I can't punish a single move

namikazeburst: I can play a few games
They both game me a run for my money, good luck on the tourney!

jorgejjvr

Oh cool. I'm actually still on wireless but my connection is usually really good.

Not sure I'll be able to play tonight though, since there's other people watching movies/playing online in the house.
Gotcha, well let me know if anything!

I kind of want to play that Marth again

If everyone's gonna be playing tonight, I'll make time and join in too! Gotta keep at it, I need to assist the Doc army any way I can!

Also Ike but who cares about my Ike ;__;

Smash maintenance coming up soon:

Looks to be in preparation for the Mario Maker stage release, but will there be more?
Probably not
Let's hope so!

I'm a bit late on this, but I'm happy to see that the new patch + stage (and whatever else might be coming with them) will be made available at the stroke of midnight on Wednesday rather than later into the day.

I have a rehearsal + rehearsal dinner for my wedding to attend Wednesday night, and then my groomsmen and best man are driving me straight to Vegas from dinner, and then I'll be back for my wedding on Saturday... which means I probably wouldn't get to try the new stage until the following Monday otherwise. :p </firstworldproblems>

Oidisco

I can play for a little while if anyone's around. My wrists are kinda messed up today though, so I might not be playing my best

Hmm, that last match was kinda bad...

Let's try one more!

Edit: LOL, this is what I get for trying to develop an off stage game. FUUUUU--

Good games! It's a shame we couldn't play more. I think Lucina has become my favourite character to play as. Toon Link is starting to feel really awful. :(

Oidisco

Good games, sorry about that lag.

If my mam is done watching the movie soon then maybe we can play again

Edit: LOL, this is what I get for trying to develop an off stage game. FUUUUU--

Good games! It's a shame we couldn't play more. I think Lucina has become my favourite character to play as. Toon Link is starting to feel really awful. :(

Rule number 1 for Marth/Lucina's off-stage game, don't do a run off d-air unless you're very confident that you'll land the hit. It often leads to an sd. Instead you should run off-stage, jump and then d-air. You'll definitely make it back then. But even then, fair bair and nair are all much better tools for edge-guarding.

And yea I've had that same problem with some of my characters. I almost dropped Marth and Zelda at one point, and even now my Marth is much more inconsistent than he used to be.

Good games, sorry about that lag.

If my mam is done watching the movie soon then maybe we can play again

Rule number 1 for Marth/Lucina's off-stage game, don't do a run off d-air unless you're very confident that you'll land the hit. It often leads to an sd. Instead you should run off-stage, jump and then d-air. You'll definitely make it back then. But even then, fair bair and nair are all much better tools for edge-guarding.

And yea I've had that same problem with some of my characters. I almost dropped Marth and Zelda at one point, and even now my Marth is much more inconsistent than he used to be.

That makes sense. I'll try to work on that next time then.

Yeah, that's why I was trying to use Dark Pit. It's never worked out or clicked, but I've always been thinking "I might need to replace Toon Link with someone else." but it really does seem that no one else clicks for me in the roster.

Oidisco

That makes sense. I'll try to work on that next time then.

Yeah, that's why I was trying to use Dark Pit. It's never worked out or clicked, but I've always been thinking "I might need to replace Toon Link with someone else." but it really does seem that no one else clicks for me in the roster.

Movie should be over soon if you want to play again. I won't be staying up for too much longer though, getting tired and my wrists have gotten worse

Richie

12038532_1060665143957412_2515167517633444877_n.jpg

FINALLY.

Crazy Orders was a godsend for this. I'll throw in some advice for fellow Smashers who want to get them all faster.

1) Check how many custom moves you're missing on a per-franchise basis. The game offers no better way to do this than going into Custom Characters and checking on everyone individually. A bit of a pain but shouldn't take too much. Jolt down what franchises you're missing, and then, which characters are missing moves in said franchise, so you can later cross them out once you get their "You got all of _____'s special moves!" notifications.

2) Go to Custom Characters again, but this time, to create your own. I attribute this find to fabry90's videos on Youtube; much like him, I used Mario for this. Here's the equipment you need:

* First Striker Gloves (Attack. First-strike advantage)
* Home-Run Bat Agility Badge (Speed, Home-Run Bat equipped)
* KO Healer Protection Badge (Defense, KOs heal damage)

Special Moves: Albeit not indispensable, Fast Fireball (Neutral B 2) will make things much easier. Super Jump (Up B 2) is also recommended.

3) Head into Crazy Orders, and select the challenges pertaining to the franchise you're missing special moves from. With your equipment, if you're the first to connect a hit, you're granted ten second invulnerability; more than enough to put your Home-Run Bat to good use, and finish each battle in a breeze! This speeds up the process considerably.

Basically this! Worked massive wonders for me, invariably if you keep pursuing the same franchises, new moves are gonna appear sooner than later.

FluxWaveZ

Last match, Cronox.

Edit: GGs. Found it real difficult to approach your Bowser; your defense was on point. Should have saved some of the replays to analyze them later and devise a better plan.

Cronox

Banned
Good games. You're rolling too much. Using it offensively and defensively way too often. I let you get away with it more than I should have, but Bowser's hitboxes being what they are, if you roll inside him you won't get hit unless I fortress you. That's some Bowser shit I have to deal with, but you won't be so lucky with other characters. WFT has what is obviously the best charging projectile in the game, it's ridiculous.

FluxWaveZ

Good games. You're rolling too much. Using it offensively and defensively way too often. I let you get away with it more than I should have, but Bowser's hitboxes being what they are, if you roll inside him you won't get hit unless I fortress you. That's some Bowser shit I have to deal with, but you won't be so lucky with other characters. WFT has what is obviously the best charging projectile in the game, it's ridiculous.

Noted. It's weird, because whenever I would spot dodge, the fortress would hit me. Whenever I would block, I'd either get command grabbed or those few times I got my shield broken because of Bowser's down B. I feel like I had no other reliable option than to roll. Perhaps my movement was just too predictable during that set.

Crayolan

12038532_1060665143957412_2515167517633444877_n.jpg

FINALLY.

Crazy Orders was a godsend for this. I'll throw in some advice for fellow Smashers who want to get them all faster.

1) Check how many custom moves you're missing on a per-franchise basis. The game offers no better way to do this than going into Custom Characters and checking on everyone individually. A bit of a pain but shouldn't take too much. Jolt down what franchises you're missing, and then, which characters are missing moves in said franchise, so you can later cross them out once you get their "You got all of _____'s special moves!" notifications.

2) Go to Custom Characters again, but this time, to create your own. I attribute this find to fabry90's videos on Youtube; much like him, I used Mario for this. Here's the equipment you need:

* First Striker Gloves (Attack. First-strike advantage)
* Home-Run Bat Agility Badge (Speed, Home-Run Bat equipped)
* KO Healer Protection Badge (Defense, KOs heal damage)

Special Moves: Albeit not indispensable, Fast Fireball (Neutral B 2) will make things much easier. Super Jump (Up B 2) is also recommended.

3) Head into Crazy Orders, and select the challenges pertaining to the franchise you're missing special moves from. With your equipment, if you're the first to connect a hit, you're granted ten second invulnerability; more than enough to put your Home-Run Bat to good use, and finish each battle in a breeze! This speeds up the process considerably.

Basically this! Worked massive wonders for me, invariably if you keep pursuing the same franchises, new moves are gonna appear sooner than later.

Congratulations man. As someone who's 100%ed the game, I can attest to how evil and tedious this is.

Custom Equipment is even worse though.

Top Bottom