• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Highwind

Decided to give Smash 4 some time as I've been taking a break.

I dunno tbh. I was pretty critical with Brawl but in the end I had more fun with it with more characters than I am having with Smash 4 right now, months later.

A lot of the characters I enjoyed in Brawl I don't really like in Smash 4 with the exception of Mario and Fox (depending on the day). Hitboxes can also be wack as hell.

I like Link though so there is that.

I'll keep playing but I really need to find a tournament I can visit, which may or may not alleviate things. Who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Decided to give Smash 4 some time as I've been taking a break.

I dunno tbh. I was pretty critical with Brawl but in the end I had more fun with it with more characters than I am having with Smash 4 right now, months later.

A lot of the characters I enjoyed in Brawl I don't really like in Smash 4 with the exception of Mario and Fox (depending on the day). Hitboxes can also be wack as hell.

I like Link though so there is that.

I'll keep playing but I really need to find a tournament I can visit, which may or may not alleviate things. Who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have friends who share the same opinion. Ultimately, I think it's a matter of characters they mained not being as effective in Smash 4, but that shouldn't necessarily be an indictment of the game as a whole

Sorry about that, idk if to buy the adapter this late into the game's life
You act like the game is nearly dead. We still have at least one more character (smash ballot) to look forward to and likely another balance patch or two over the next year. Plus, it might be handy for other online Wii U titles you might play (Mario Kart?)

jorgejjvr

You act like the game is nearly dead. We still have at least one more character (smash ballot) to look forward to and likely another balance patch or two over the next year. Plus, it might be handy for other online Wii U titles you might play (Mario Kart?)
It's just more to me personally, not the game or wii u as a whole. I got a ps4 last month and that's what I'm mostly playing. It's my first Sony system, uncharted collection is almost here for example, and that will be 3 games, all which I hear are great and I've never played them. Then there's cod, fallout etc, and for wii u what I'm looking for to is xenoblade. I'm just not playing it much now, and I might play it even less later

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I think he gave up with MK8 because of 200cc or something like that, I remembered him being upset with Mario Kart 8 awhile ago. Well, at least, I have a good feeling that we could use LAN Adapter for future Nintendo product.

jorgejjvr

I think he gave up with MK8 because of 200cc or something like that, I remembered him being upset with Mario Kart 8 awhile ago. Well, at least, I have a good feeling that we could use LAN Adapter for future Nintendo product.
What does MK8 have to do with this??

I didn't give up, I play both games from time to time. It's just that with two jobs, and now my ps4, I don't spend as much time with games like smash, like did before. I finally went wired, and I was just stating that I'm not sure if it makes sense for me to now invest in one of those Lan adapters

As far as mk8, I do think 150 cc + normal is the way to go, but everyone seems to prefer 200 cc and frantic, which is beyond me. But that's just preference

It's just more to me personally, not the game or wii u as a whole. I got a ps4 last month and that's what I'm mostly playing. It's my first Sony system, uncharted collection is almost here for example, and that will be 3 games, all which I hear are great and I've never played them. Then there's cod, fallout etc, and for wii u what I'm looking for to is xenoblade. I'm just not playing it much now, and I might play it even less later
No biggie my friend, I get where you're coming from. We all have priorities when it comes to this hobby. :) Personally I'm sticking to Smash but I'll be making time for other games. You enjoy that PS4, and hopefully when I get one we'll see each other in whatever online multiplayer game becomes a hit on that. :)
RIP Karsticles.

Maybe it's the mods' way of saying "Why do we need a 2-button dash in Street Fighter" lmaoooo

Cronox

Banned
Hmm, is it possible to game the system by picking random for stage for a few matches? I wonder. Not in the mood to fight Yoshi on omega Kalos at the moment. Will be using secondaries until I'm bored.

Soul Lab

Good games, Cronox.

Sorry Soul, but I didn't reply because I wasn't playing Cronox for much longer. It is past 4 a.m. and now I have to go to bed.

alright. I really would like to fight your Luigi in Luigi ditos again. I wanna learn from you :p

Cronox: sure. room is open. can play for only about 20 mins though

welp: I picked random cause I only got legal stages activated xD

lol sry still sleepy

edit: gotta go! thx for the games. I feel bad now :p

Cronox

Banned
alright. I really would like to fight your Luigi in Luigi ditos again. I wanna learn from you :p

Cronox: sure. room is open. can play for only about 20 mins though

welp: I picked random cause I only got legal stages activated xD

lol sry still sleepy

edit: gotta go! thx for the games. I feel bad now :p

Good games, yeah that first one was me swiping across the stages too fast and picking wrecking crew instead of smashville. There was enough lag to say that my wins weren't entirely warranted. Don't give Jigglypuff too much respect, throw out some aerials and you'll trade, which is terrible for Jiggs.

Soul Lab

Good games, yeah that first one was me swiping across the stages too fast and picking wrecking crew instead of smashville. There was enough lag to say that my wins weren't entirely warranted. Don't give Jigglypuff too much respect, throw out some aerials and you'll trade, which is terrible for Jiggs.

k thx for the advice.

anyone 1v1?

Tarry

Samus was the worst character in 64. But I always lost to her because I didn't own the game and my friend who did played her.

Maybe someday we'll understand why they're so afraid of making Samus good or at least why they think Samus is good the way she is.

You do know that the best 64 player in Japan plays Samus right?

You do know that the best 64 player in Japan plays Samus right?
To be fair, at that level of play they can use anyone in the roster and potentially take tourneys.

Still, Jousuke I don't think has ever taken part in international tournaments and in Japan has to stick with one character for his whole run. So to use Samus for all that is nothing short of amazing.

Isn't the whole roster in 64 sorta viable anyway, or am I missing something?

Smash Bros 64 has such ridiculous combos that frequently lead right to a KO, I imagine any character can win with enough patience and spacing. But I don't know anything about its competitive metagame.

Top Bottom