• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

I should've thrown in a "was" for good measure.

Hey Namikaze, what's your opinion on how easy to play Yoshi is? Ignoring the "lolYoshi" sentiment we have because we're silly, I'm curious because Zero put out a new video and dear God the amount of people who don't get how good Yoshi is bothers me.

Yoshi isn't hard to do well as, but there's certainly a learning curve to actually being "good" at Yoshi. Part of it realizing that you should throw more eggs.

why would you not ask me, the best yoshi

You can do decently with Yoshi as a beginner against people that don't have matchup knowledge. His moveset, especially eggs, are all things that are hard to deal with if you don't fight Yoshi. I can get quite a few people to rage quit on FG if I go Yoshi and actually play properly. People don't quit when I play DK.

Once you fight Yoshi many times, you can clearly see his weaknesses. If you shield against Yoshi, he can't kill you unless you let him down B or he gets a read off a grab. A SH egg toss has quite a bit of lag, so knowing you can just run past the egg and punish Yoshi as he lands is huge.

You will likely do better with Yoshi as a beginner than you will Sheik or Diddy, even if they are better characters. Once you get to good opponents is where the difference between skill shows.

Oidisco

Good games. The lag was definitely not the greatest most of the time. My Luigi did so bad :(

Yea, usually we have a pretty decent connection. Oh well, maybe next time it won't be so bad. I actually don't mind fighting your Yoshi that much too, but with lag it's just not easy to
deal with Yoshi shenanigans!

And yea I'll play jorge, but just gonna reset my router first

jorgejjvr

Yea, usually we have a pretty decent connection. Oh well, maybe next time it won't be so bad. I actually don't mind fighting your Yoshi that much too, but with lag it's just not easy to

Cool, I'll make a room, hopefully everything goes well.

I have had nothing but flawless games since I got wired

Marth isn't easy to deal with in lag either, especially with shield breaker being such a threat.

Oidisco

Little Mac is both one of the most frustrating and simple characters to fight. It's weird and I don't know how to feel about it

jorgejjvr

Normally I play much more aggresively, but I feel like I have no choice but to play very defensive against you. You've got a great Mac and it's definitely tough playing you!
Yeah I can see the defensive play, definitely different. Thank you!! Never had games like these before

I need to stop making mistakes..

Top Bottom