• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

FluxWaveZ

Gotta lift that no roll handicap... it feels so restrictive! Though I do feel I've learned a bit from doing it for just a few matches now.

jorgejjvr

Thanks! You're Mac is very good. I'd recomend looking at some video of Sol, he's probably the best Little Mac player
Thanks, I'll look into that

I also have not touched the controller in ages, I just now started getting back

Glad this time our connection was better

Oidisco

Thanks, I'll look into that

I also have not touched the controller in ages, I just now started getting back

Glad this time our connection was better

Yea it was pretty solid this time.

Out of curisoity, do you use any other chatacters? Little Mac has really horrible matchups and it'd be good to have some other backup characters.

jorgejjvr

Yea it was pretty solid this time.

Out of curisoity, do you use any other chatacters? Little Mac has really horrible matchups and it'd be good to have some other backup characters.
I do, Rob would be my secondary, but as I said I have not played in forever, that I know my Rob is far behind right now. However, on my prime, he's a good secondary because he's totally the opposite of Mac. He has air, projectile, great recovery etc. Complete opposite

And I'll be honest too, I have too much fun with Mac, I don't care how bad the match up. There's a challenge, I like to go for it, I really enjoy that and the character.

I was sweating on a couple of those matches, but that makes it fun. Right now your zero suit, which came out of nowhere, appears impossible. But even now I'm thinking in my head of ways to go about it, how to approach you etc. It's like a good game of chess haha

All the characters you used are also ones that I hardly play against, so they were a surprise. Loved it

Oidisco

I do, Rob would be my secondary, but as I said I have not played in forever, that I know my Rob is far behind right now. However, on my prime, he's a good secondary because he's totally the opposite of Mac. He has air, projectile, great recovery etc. Complete opposite

And I'll be honest too, I have too much fun with Mac, I don't care how bad the match up. There's a challenge, I like to go for it, I really enjoy that and the character.

Yea I know what you mean. I main Zelda, who's arguably the worst character in the game. I have a good ZSS, Mario and Pika but I stick Zelda just because I find her so much fun!

jorgejjvr

Yea I know what you mean. I main Zelda, who's arguably the worst character in the game. I have a good ZSS, Mario and Pika but I stick Zelda just because I find her so much fun!
Haha pretty much, so I have fun with Mac, and so I try to be the best with him in any way I can

FluxWaveZ

WFT's hitboxes are so unorthodox that it can be a real pain to hit a character like Pikachu.

Edit: Oh no, it d/ced just as it was getting to the good part!

Ah well, I guess that's it for me, for now. GGs. I don't know how long it's been but, somehow, I felt forced into playing Sonic again. Felt weird.

TWILT

Banned
Ahhh, dat connection drop at the worst moment.

Oh well, GGs Flux. Been a while since I've played your Sonic; need to remember to respect him some more.

There's nothing more satisfying then winning with Zelda. Somehow people get really salty losing to one.

Cronox

Banned
I was away for the Roy/Ryu/Lucas patch, and now I'm potentially gone during the upcoming one (if a patch or character addition is really in order). Oy. I'll hope for S-tier Bowser in the meantime.

TWILT

Banned
If a patch is really happening tomorrow (kinda doubt it, but y'never know), Shulk buffs pls. He mostly needs better frame data and better auto cancel frames.
Smash attacks not clanking with almost every jab in the game would be nice too.

Anyone in the mood to play?

I doubt there will be any sort of balance patch, but if there is, Toon Link and Lucina love is always appreciated. Lucina's been given a lot of help so I don't want to be too greedy, but it'd be nice if Toon Link got some stuff after losing most of his techniques.

I always forget the difference between GAF time and where I am.

Anyone in the mood to play?

I doubt there will be any sort of balance patch, but if there is, Toon Link and Lucina love is always appreciated. Lucina's been given a lot of help so I don't want to be too greedy, but it'd be nice if Toon Link got some stuff after losing most of his techniques.

I'll try to play. It stutters so we'll see what happens.

I don't think the balance changes really compensate for things lost since Brawl. This game is treated as entirely separate.

If a patch is really happening tomorrow (kinda doubt it, but y'never know), Shulk buffs pls. He mostly needs better frame data and better auto cancel frames.
Smash attacks not clanking with almost every jab in the game would be nice too.

Buff all the swords in the game

Again but Roy included this time

Who's hyped for the update tonight? Even if it's just the Super Mario Maker stage and a balance patch, I'm pretty stoked. Really looking forward to seeing what music we get for Super Mario Maker!

Havn't played in awhile and wow so rusty. So bad that I got falcon punched 3 times in that first match.

After the 20th match I gotten my groove again and started getting my reads down again. So satisfying to start getting reads then landing spikes from chain ledge grabs.

Man, this sucks. Too bad. Good games, Snacks. As always, your fast characters scare the hell out of me. That one Greninja match where you utterly destroyed my Lucina early stole my soul.

I want more Dark Pit practice. Anyone else want to play?

Boney

Banned
I can play Anki, or not I guess

Who's hyped for the update tonight? Even if it's just the Super Mario Maker stage and a balance patch, I'm pretty stoked. Really looking forward to seeing what music we get for Super Mario Maker!
I'm pumped. My uncle works at Nintendo and told me Samus is getting a kill throw with up throw and back throw, dtilt is gonna kill again, missiles are gonna kill again, down smash will have it's ending lag reduced, we're getting pre Mewtwo ftilt back and we're finally getting a safe jab

Pumped

I'm pumped. My uncle works at Nintendo and told me Samus is getting a kill throw with up throw and back throw, dtilt is gonna kill again, missiles are gonna kill again, down smash will have it's ending lag reduced, we're getting pre Mewtwo ftilt back and we're finally getting a safe jab

Pumped

Missed you again. XD Still free to play?

Pumped

Did your uncle also tell you that Mega Man is going to get some sorely-needed buffs? The incremental Leaf Shield buffs aren't enough. :( He needs some serious reduction in end lag on a lot of his moves to keep up with good Sheiks and Zero Suit Samuses...

I am. It's always entertaining to see players excited when their main(s) get buffed.

Indeed! I'm going to keep holding out hope for decent Mega Man buffs, though I'm pretty sure we won't get them (though at least he hasn't been nerfed either and has been more or less left alone). Of course, the opposite is also true - it can be entertaining to watch people lose their shit when their mains get nerfed even a little bit. :p

Soon!

RomanceDawn

Hey what's new in the competitive scene? Any interesting characters pulling off some cool new techniques and winning tournaments? My bro is telling me the MK is becoming more of a neusance than Shiek. Of course that could just be the local scene in Los Angeles.

Also thank you to those who wished me well moving to China. I didn't get to respond a million pages ago.

Cronox

Banned
Hey what's new in the competitive scene? Any interesting characters pulling off some cool new techniques and winning tournaments? My bro is telling me the MK is becoming more of a neusance than Shiek. Of course that could just be the local scene in Los Angeles.

Also thank you to those who wished me well moving to China. I didn't get to respond a million pages ago.

Well in an hour or so we'll know whether there was a patch... that'll change the competitive scene some if so.

Top Bottom