• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

El Sabroso

Pirate Ship returns as a stage DLC
htZ9nly.png

and appears as WiiU only atm

OH MY GOD PIRATE SHIP IS BACK

BASED SAKURAI

BRAWL'S BEST STAGE IS BACK BABY

Pirate Shop was seriously my most-wanted returning stage, I am hyped beyond belief right now

TWILT

Banned
*sigh* I got a few minutes before going to bed I suppose. Lemme check if there was any Shulk buffs...

So far, for Shulk
Shulk Jab123 seems the same (3rd hit still whiffs on Rosa)
BAir Autocancel frames still amazingly bad
MALLC still in
Backslash seems unchanged

WarAdept

*sigh* I got a few minutes before going to bed I suppose. Lemme check if there was any Shulk buffs...

So far, for Shulk
Shulk Jab123 seems the same (3rd hit still whiffs on Rosa)
BAir Autocancel frames still amazingly bad
MALLC still in
Backslash seems unchanged

Sigh...

...Back to Fox I go.

So this is the first time they're actually touching multiple individual custom moves rather than having a change to a special apply to all the custom versions too, no?

Shield Breaker got a damage nerf :(

Super happy about Pirate Ship's return and for once I bought a Mii costume. That Rathalos costume is seriously badass!!

Anyone notice any changes to Mega Man so far? Seems unchanged to me...

EDIT: Apparently he got a couple of buffs to some of his customs, which seems to be the focus of the balancing this time around. I'm hearing Hyper Bomb (Neutral 2) ends five frames faster and Ice Slasher (Side 2) ends six frames faster... so that's nice. I'd be happier about this, but my friends are lame and refuse to play with customs. :(

The secret best thing about this update (other than Pirate Ship's return, of course) is that Sakurai swiftly and ruthlessly destroyed all speculation that "X stage can't return as DLC because its music is already in Y stage!" While it's slightly disappointing that Super Mario Maker has so little new music and Pirate Ship has none, that disappointment pales in comparison to incredibly exciting stage DLC possibilities that are now open to us. Suddenly, Fountain of Dreams' return seems very likely! And not only that, but the doors are open for Yoshi's Island 64 to return now as well...

Even more excitingly, the previously Wii U-exclusive Duck Hunt being added to Smash 3DS also opens up the possibility of 3DS-exclusive stages finally making the jump to Wii U as well. I would gladly pay for Magicant, SNES Mute City, Pac-Maze, and Balloon Fight in HD on Wii U. In a second.

Man, Smash is just killing it with DLC. I love it. <3

He got endlag changes to side B 2 and neutral B 2 and that seems to be it

Yeah, I edited my post to reflect that. Oh well, even if they're only custom buffs, at least they're buffs.

Dr. Buni

The secret best thing about this update (other than Pirate Ship's return, of course) is that Sakurai swiftly and ruthlessly destroyed all speculation that "X stage can't return as DLC because its music is already in Y stage!" While it's slightly disappointing that Super Mario Maker has so little new music and Pirate Ship has none, that disappointment pales in comparison to incredibly exciting stage DLC possibilities that are now open to us. Suddenly, Fountain of Dreams' return seems very likely! And not only that, but the doors are open for Yoshi's Island 64 to return now as well...

Even more excitingly, the previously Wii U-exclusive Duck Hunt being added to Smash 3DS also opens up the possibility of 3DS-exclusive stages finally making the jump to Wii U as well. I would gladly pay for Magicant, SNES Mute City, Pac-Maze, and Balloon Fight in HD on Wii U. In a second.

Yeah, I edited my post to reflect that. Oh well, even if they're only custom buffs, at least they're buffs.
Pac-Maze isn't going to be ported to the Wii U because of the pellet thing. It's something that only works if each player have their own system. Though I want more stages to be ported from a version to other, I wouldn't expect many more. Porting from 3DS to Wii U or vice-versa sounds like a lot of work for stuff most people won't buy anyways. And unless they plan to port more Wii U stages to the 3DS, I hope they don't port more than one stage from 3DS to Wii U. It's not fair for the 3DS to lose its exclusive stages while the Wii U keep its exclusive ones.

Boney

Banned
Seems most changes were for customs this time around. Weird

Samus up-b loop hitboxes 2-4 changed from angle 100 to 96 and wkb 150 to 178 or 120 to 140.

Samus nair initial hitboxes size 5.5 to 6.0, lasts 4 frames instead of 2.
Nair hit 2 hitboxes angle 361 -> 45, size 3.5 -> 4.0
Nair hit 2 sourspot angle also changed from 361 to 45. kbg from 80 to 98, size from 2.8 to 3.3, lasts 2 additional frames.

Samus fair looping hits do 1.6% from 1.0%.
Fair also got reduced landing lag, from 30 to 26
It's something I guess, I'll take a working nair at least

Excited for the patch notes.

That d-throw nerf for Luigi makes me so happy.
This makes me happy.
CQIc0Y_VEAAaPNO.png

r u kidding me
This makes me super sad
Shield Breaker got a damage nerf :(

Super happy about Pirate Ship's return and for once I bought a Mii costume. That Rathalos costume is seriously badass!!
This makes me sad

Didn't Miiverse already rearrange some songs?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Yeah, I'm very thrilled that people couldn't says that we can't get those stages because thier songs are already in ither stage. Now it had became anyone's game so I hope for few more stages from Melee and Brawl.

Didn't Miiverse already rearrange some songs?

I don't think so.

Apparently Luigi dthrow to cyclone crap is fixed. Now people can't BS with him, nice. Will be interesting to see what character all the band wagoners flow to next.

lol Mewtwo. No changes apparently

Universal nerf to shield-damaging moves. Why?
:^)

I'm just glad they didn't nerf Fox anymore. He doesn't need any more nerfs, and honestly I feel like Luigi is still gonna be a major threat even wuth the change to dthrow. We'll see how this all plays out I guess.

Karsticles still waiting on Wolf lol.

Beats

Luigi also got a bigger spike hitbox on his d-air.

All the custom move changes were mostly buffs. Lightweight glitch was removed.

When does the ballot end again? I wonder if they already started working on a character way before the end date to get it out shortly after the end date.

Boney

Banned
So do we know of any buffs that Ganondorf and Charizard received?
dorf's nair reworked. First hit links to the second hit and the second hit does more damage and knockback now. At early % it seems you can get a dthrow into nair for 30%

Not bad

Zard got a custom down b changed.. That's it

dorf's nair reworked. First hit links to the second hit and the second hit does more damage and knockback now. At early % it seems you can get a dthrow into nair for 30%

Not bad

Zard got a custom down b changed.. That's it

Well Its something I suppose. At least it sounds like Ganon has a proper dthrow combo move now.

Can't say the same for Charizard though. Don't use down B 2 to begin with when using customs for Charizard.

Edit: Found a list of patch changes on Smashboards. With a few exceptions, it's mostly custom move changes.

Beats

I was pretty underwhelmed by the patch, but the shield stun change is big.

Some numbers for Link from Smashboards:
Jab 1: Shieldstun increased from 1 frames to 4.

Jab 2: Shieldstun increased from 1 frame to 4.

Jab 3: Shieldstun increased from 2 frames to 5.

F-tilt: Shieldstun increased from 6 frames to 10.

D-tilt: Shieldstun increased from 5 frames to 9.

U-tilt: Shieldstun increased from 4 frames to 8.

I was pretty underwhelmed by the patch, but the shield stun change is big.

Some numbers for Link from Smashboards:
Holy shit, that's actually pretty big. It might mean Sheik is even more difficult to punish, but now this means more of the cast can apply safe shield pressure even to Sheik.

Sheik might not have gotten nerfed directly, but this could lead to a shift in how Sheik plays the game, and how everyone will play in general.

Boney

Banned
Holy shit, that's actually pretty big. It might mean Sheik is even more difficult to punish, but now this means more of the cast can apply safe shield pressure even to Sheik.

Sheik might not have gotten nerfed directly, but this could lead to a shift in how Sheik plays the game, and how everyone will play in general.
Seems that heavier hitting moves and multi hit moves will have more of an impact.

Apparently you can't get out of Lucario doing a reverse neutral b on you lol

Shielding may have become an incredibly unsafe option now. My Twitter feed is blowing up with gifs of players doing all sorts of shield break shenanigans thanks to increased hitstun that basically leads to either heavy damage or 0-death combos.

Either this is really good, or we could be seeing a lot of heavy camping at high levels as everyone's just baiting out shields and doing the safest possible actions.

Top Bottom