• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Ya no

Hey guys I have a noob question:

Me and my roommate are playing super smash on wii u online and we were wondering if there's a way to play against other people with lives instead of the 2 minute time limit? We just got a wii u and aren't sure how

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Quote this post to get in new smashgaf chatroom

Me and my roommate are playing super smash on wii u online and we were wondering if there's a way to play against other people with lives instead of the 2 minute time limit? We just got a wii u and aren't sure how

Yes, click on time (then change it to stock)

Juni_

With anyone there is no way to change the rules, with friends you can make your own room with your own rules.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Hmm when we go to online and select play with anyone, the time part is greyed out on the character select screen ... is that where you mean?

So you are playing online with your friend against strangers. For Glory and For Fun, you can't change the setting. You are stuck with it.

FluxWaveZ

Anyone want to play?

I can play, if you're still available.

I played in the Tourney mode for the first time. A regular, small tournament went pretty swiftly. It wasn't a bad experience, though I didn't lose so it probably really sucks that you can't actually watch the matches live.

I can play, if you're still available.

I played in the Tourney mode for the first time. A regular, small tournament went pretty swiftly. It wasn't a bad experience, though I didn't lose so it probably really sucks that you can't actually watch the matches live.

Yeah, I will play.

I was just playing a Diddy on FG, and not only did I realize how bad I am against Diddy, I also feel like I am a lot worse than I was a couple weeks ago. This is also coming from all the other FG matches I have played today.

Oh crap, that was a crazy spike!

Man, I also feel like I'm rusty. Haven't spent enough time with Smash lately.

Thanks! I am also pretty happy with that 0% to death, but you almost made a comeback.

The fact that I practically only have enough energy to play on the weekends doesn't help me. Never mind the fact that I have a ton of work to do on weekends, too.

FluxWaveZ

Thanks! I am also pretty happy with that 0% to death, but you almost made a comeback.

I meant the Sonic one before the Rosalina match; that one was really accurate and close to the ledge. I don't feel like I'm doing well when I pick anyone but WFT...

Edit: I should say that I feel more confident only when playing as her, heh.

I meant the Sonic one before the Rosalina match; that one was really accurate and close to the ledge. I don't feel like I'm doing well when I pick anyone but WFT...

Edit: I should say that I feel more confident only when playing as her, heh.

Oh, yeah I know. I meant I was happy with that retreating fair spike, in addition to the 0 to death against Rosalina.

FluxWaveZ

Ack, close one. GGs.

I'd say I'll work on improving for next time, but there are so many other games I want to get to... I need to start saving replays so I can actually see what I'm doing.

Good games. I definitely thought I was going to lose that last one. Sonic for sure gave me the most trouble this time. It's been a long time since you've used him against me. I didn't feel comfortable with anyone but Yoshi or Luigi today. I even got a Luigi d-throw to down-B kill.

The only replays I save are the ones where I win with some great kills, or lose with something amazing happening. I don't have time to watch replays just to try and improve. I bought Super Mario Maker at launch, and Tearaway Unfolded at launch, and I have played those for less than 9 hours combined. I still haven't even played Splatoon for 20 hours, and I have barely played a bunch of other games. Sakurai, why did you have to make this game?

Hi SmashGaf. Finally after some months, I will participate in a tournament again, what are your advices to deal with this ? I main Ike and my main threat in my region are ROB, Zero Suit Samus, Mario and Captain Falcon

Oidisco

Hi SmashGaf. Finally after some months, I will participate in a tournament again, what are your advices to deal with this ? I main Ike and my main threat in my region are ROB, Zero Suit Samus, Mario and Captain Falcon

For Ike vs ROB, watch this set https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwB1DtdssJs

ZSS get's pretty much all of her rewards off of grabs, so figure out a game plan to stop her from grabbing you. Try to be unpredictable and don't over-commit with any moves unless you're certain they'll land.
I kinda main ZSS, so if you want practice with that matchup just let me know. I secondary Mario so I might be able to help you practice against him, though my Mario isn't great.

Can't really help you with Ike vs Falcon though

So Seagull Joe just beat Zero 2-0 at The Big House 5.

Well then.

Yo and my Zelda really messed up Seagull Joe online, so I guess that means I'm the best Smash 4 player in the world!

And not to take away from Seagull Joe's win, but Zero has been super stressed and depressed recently and his play at Big House has been kinda sloppy. I mean he didn't even want to enter but his fans really wanted him to

If Zero didn't want to enter from personal issues, then he shouldn't have entered like at Paragon. Take a page out of PPMD's book and put your mental health first.

If he loses though, it's a great opportunity for him to pull a PPMD and recharge his batteries for, I don't know, Apex or something.

Oidisco

If Zero didn't want to enter from personal issues, then he shouldn't have entered like at Paragon. Take a page out of PPMD's book and put your mental health first.

If he loses though, it's a great opportunity for him to pull a PPMD and recharge his batteries for, I don't know, Apex or something.

Yea I agree. He tweeted about not wanting to enter and I was hoping he wouldn't. I'm wondering if there was any push from TSM for him to enter.

For Ike vs ROB, watch this set https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwB1DtdssJs

ZSS get's pretty much all of her rewards off of grabs, so figure out a game plan to stop her from grabbing you. Try to be unpredictable and don't over-commit with any moves unless you're certain they'll land.
I kinda main ZSS, so if you want practice with that matchup just let me know. I secondary Mario so I might be able to help you practice against him, though my Mario isn't great.

Can't really help you with Ike vs Falcon though

Yo and my Zelda really messed up Seagull Joe online, so I guess that means I'm the best Smash 4 player in the world!

And not to take away from Seagull Joe's win, but Zero has been super stressed and depressed recently and his play at Big House has been kinda sloppy. I mean he didn't even want to enter but his fans really wanted him to

I know a great ROB who I can play against, a solid Mario et some great ZSS some I'm good for optimising my match up. Falcon I know I need use Ike's great range at his advantage and use Eruption whenever he attempts to recover.

However I have some others problems, I can't properly tech et pivot grab (most of the time I got a F-tilt), does someone have advice for that ?

I know a great ROB who I can play against, a solid Mario et some great ZSS some I'm good for optimising my match up. Falcon I know I need use Ike's great range at his advantage and use Eruption whenever he attempts to recover.

However I have some others problems, I can't properly tech et pivot grab (most of the time I got a F-tilt), does someone have advice for that ?

Grab before you turn. You need to turn pretty quickly after grabbing, but that's the start of getting it more reliably.

Ok i'll try that now. EDIT : Got the timing right, thanks !

Also, what's the fatest way to use a back air against an opponent in front of us ?

Boney

Banned
Ok i'll try that now. EDIT : Got the timing right, thanks !

Also, what's the fatest way to use a back air against an opponent in front of us ?
You mean RAR? You gotta flick the stick backwards while going forward while jumping as you quickly go forward again..

So to master my new ability (yes i'm talking like i'm Samus or Megaman), anyone want to play a little bit ?

You mean RAR? You gotta flick the stick backwards while going forward while jumping as you quickly go forward again..

You mean both flicking backwards and jumping at the exact same time ? I can try that

Ah no it's backwars then IMMEDIATELY jump + forward. I start to understand how it works, thanks

Beats

If you like reading up on numbers/frame data LordWilliam1234 on Smashboards has been working on a frame data table for 1.11: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...C4DJiKUVN1s3jxsOlzBuyZdMo/edit#gid=1944325963

1.10 data if you want to compare: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...wju2Vq5a4irDPLvwfxuOKVGxk/edit#gid=1694499872

It has blockstun and advantage numbers. Only a handful of character data so far for 1.11 though. Just looking at Marth though and his tipper aerials look to be a lot safer on shield.

Top Bottom