• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

The only positive thing I can say about my games at today's local tourney was that I somehow survived two C. Falcon dair spikes in a row with Lucario and that was pretty neat

But other than that I honestly lost so much that I wonder why I even try to play competitively at all

Well, I've noticed that you've gotten better the several times we've played. Could be useful to start saving more of your replays and getting critique from people you play here or wherever. You're always going to lose repeatedly at tournaments partly because it's people you've never played before.

TWILT

Banned
Great avatar, TWILT. Do you play Xrd now? I am PUMPED for Dizzy.

I mostly just dabble Xrd on the side for fun. It's pretty fun (though I use Ky and while he's pretty fun, he's kind of a bit too basic at times for me). I'll definitely be working my ass to main game Xrd for Dizzy (with maybe some Jam too) though once the new version hits consoles.

Having conducted extensive field studies as Dr. Mario, I have decided to revise my tier list.

QU5rpTd.jpg

Nabster92

Been away for a while settling in with the move to SF, but all settled in now with a shiny fresh new 4K monitor to play Smash on in not 4K resolution. Planning to start going to the Foundry on Thursday's now since it's actually within walking distance from work for me, so see you there Cronox?!?

Anywho, what's this Discord business people are talking about? That link from the last quoted post seems to be expired.

Cronox

Banned
Been away for a while settling in with the move to SF, but all settled in now with a shiny fresh new 4K monitor to play Smash on in not 4K resolution. Planning to start going to the Foundry on Thursday's now since it's actually within walking distance from work for me, so see you there Cronox?!?

Anywho, what's this Discord business people are talking about? That link from the last quoted post seems to be expired.

Ha unfortunately the Foundry is far from walking distance for me (more like a 90 minute drive), but I may get in there again soon-ish. If you have time for friendlies and run into the other 2 Bowsers in the area please impress upon them the state of the Bowser-Rosalina matchup... I could use some more support on the Smashboards Bowser forums for how rough it is.

As for the Discord invite, it seems there's no way to create an invite that doesn't expire in 24 hours. Quote my post for a fresh one. Is there a reason we're being so secretive with the invites guys? Are we really afraid of being invaded or something?

Boney

Banned
Have you seen like YouTube links that semi originate on GAF? Some lurkers are nasty, most are ex members. It's a shame because even if only 1% of the lurkers are like this, email tag is the way to go. Seeing this is community though, not even members are around lol.

And awesome Nabster! Hope the rent isn't too bad and you settle in nicely!

Cronox

Banned
Have you seen like YouTube links that semi originate on GAF? Some lurkers are nasty, most are ex members. It's a shame because even if only 1% of the lurkers are like this, email tag is the way to go. Seeing this is community though, not even members are around lol.

And awesome Nabster! Hope the rent isn't too bad and you settle in nicely!

Hey, maybe some people legitimately want to inform GAF members of Amirox's homosexuality... Yeah I've been to the subreddit for banned GAF members and even talked to them about their weird obsessiveness and reactions to GAF. It's a little strange, but people on the internet are all sorts I guess.

Oidisco

I'm gonna be stupid and try to use more Perfect Pivots with Marth. I haven't seen it used, but I think it could be really good for spacing tipper f-smash.

I should probably practice b-reversing too. I know how to do it, but I can't get it consistently and I definitely can't do it in an actual match.

I'm gonna be stupid and try to use more Perfect Pivots with Marth. I haven't seen it used, but I think it could be really good for spacing tipper f-smash.

I should probably practice b-reversing too. I know how to do it, but I can't get it consistently and I definitely can't do it in an actual match.

Just practice with Fox, I b-reverse lasers all the time. It's fun!

I started doing b reverse before I knew what it was called, I thought it was just a weird quirk of Greninja and Mario. I think it's even easier with Lucas, since his projectile is a side b instead of a neutral b so it's easier to do it while running forward, but I can't explain the motion to do it. It's completely muscle memory.

Oidisco

B-reversing Zelda's Phantom can be kinda useful, but I find it hard to do. I'm also scared of doing it near the ledge because I could accidentally use Din's fire and fall to my death...

Top Bottom