• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

JulianImp

Its great when the opponent SD's by doing something stupid. Or if they misplay/misclick.

It's horrible when it happens to you....stupid Zelda teleport and fireball....

Great? I guess it'd be good for a tournament, but it's anticlimatic as hell so I'd rarely consider it a good thing if my opponent SDs by mistake during a friendly match.

It's only fun when it happens because of random stuff, such as somebody getting pushed in just the right way by a stray hydrant water jet for a really unlikely gimp. That or the time some GAFfer I played with first realized how Pac's trampoline would always put you in helpless fall state if you got near it when it was red.

Two Words

Recently got a Wii U and tried Smash online. It was attrociately riddled with lag. I ordered a USB/Ethernet adapter. Will this fix my issues?

Hope that is the case. How's the Pro controller for Smash? I hate the game pad. I'm playing like garbage with it. Not sure if its still tough to get those gamecube adapters.
Pro Controller is perfectly fine for this game, and I'm a guy who loves his GC controller.

As for adapters, they're easily available for msrp nowadays,you could even order one off Amazon now.

Also, speaking from experience the lan adapter is a game-changer when it comes to connection, only lag I've experienced since getting it was from the other player or from playing people across the pond.

Dreavus

Quick question guys.

Looking at the DLC collection #4 bundle for Wii U/3DS in the shop, it says the the two stages (Mario maker and pirate ship) are Wii U only. Am I right to assume this is a mistake on the page since to my knowledge, only pirate ship is supposed to be Wii U exclusive?

Hope that is the case. How's the Pro controller for Smash? I hate the game pad. I'm playing like garbage with it. Not sure if its still tough to get those gamecube adapters.
It adds a frame of delay, IIRC. It's also banned at most Smash tournaments. GC controller is preferred.

Two Words

Man, I gotta say. I'm a bit disappointed by the default options. Stock is way better than Time battle and 2 minutes is way too short. It should be 5 stock or 5 minutes.

Hylian7

Quick question guys.

Looking at the DLC collection #4 bundle for Wii U/3DS in the shop, it says the the two stages (Mario maker and pirate ship) are Wii U only. Am I right to assume this is a mistake on the page since to my knowledge, only pirate ship is supposed to be Wii U exclusive?

Yeah, Mario Maker is both, Pirate Ship is Wii U only.

But you can't change it, can you? From my understanding, you can only change settings in the Special Events area, but that doesn't get you people to play with nearly as fast.
If you play With Friends, you can completely customize the settings.

Against randoms, you can play For Glory, which is set to 2 stocks.

Two Words

If you play With Friends, you can completely customize the settings.

Against randoms, you can play For Glory, which is set to 2 stocks.
Well a big problem I have is no friends on Wii U. How easy is it to add people. Do I just share my ID name? It's TW0_W0RDS, with zeroes.

Well a big problem I have is no friends on Wii U. How easy is it to add people. Do I just share my ID name? It's TW0_W0RDS, with zeroes.
Go back a page and look for the Discord chat link. Post your NNID there for folks.

This video testing lag across controllers doesn't support your extra frame claim :/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DVyhLO146I
Maybe it's not an entire frame, but it's widely spoken of on Smashboards as being a fact. I forget the actual number.

Maybe it's not an entire frame, but it's widely spoken of on Smashboards as being a fact. I forget the actual number.
Hey, if that's what you like you go with it, but I prefer something approaching the issue with the mindset of the scientific method done with actual video footage over hearsay in a public forum :p

Top Bottom