• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

As far as I can tell, Karst is pretty good about conflict so long as you don't reveal your bias for Yoshi. :p

Plus he always gave off that "Cranky Kong" vibe even before I found out he's a teacher. "You kids have it so great, back in my day it was the QA guys who looked for combos!"

I'm joking karst pls no bully
The only thing comparably awesome to a demon in a game is an old man. Bison became 10x more interesting to me when his hair turned white.

No one here has a bias for Yoshi. They just have their facts straight.
Honestly, the only thing that REALLY bothers me about Yoshi these days is that he has a unique shield unlike any other character in the game. What's with that?

yoshi a shit
That's why he's green.

JulianImp

or some used to be able to transform.

At least they got an extra special move now. I still remember how transformations would take forever if you did them just as a stage was undergoing a transition in Brawl, and that was weird as hell. I wonder if you could fall off of Castle Siege by starting a transformation move on one of those areas that drop offscren after the transition...

Masked Man

I said wow
Had our first
company Smash tournament on Tuesday, and my Lucas took second against my buddy's ZSS! :)
I was happily surprised by the turnout. A couple people showed up moments before we started and joined in as "special guests"! Lots of the players seem eager to make tournaments a regular thing, and a few of them have even started Smashing with my buddies and I at lunch. Yay for Smash!

Just got my SSB 3DS redemption code and my 3DS has no battery left, and it won't let me update
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

Would be worse of Mewtwo were anything like Yoshi.

Last night I went online, first opponent was Yoshi. Dude was terrible, though. Had a bunch of one-loss-leavers before I found a Ganondorf player that played me for 20 matches or so. Guy was a beast, best Dorf I have played. I think we finished about even, but he by far had the upper hand in a matchup I consider to be in Mewtwo's favor. Very energizing set.

First time playing a good Dorf since the shield stun changes. It feels like Dorf is significantly safer and can be more aggressive now. I might play a set as him just to get a feel myself. Also, that Fair hits a mile away...

RomanceDawn

What is it exactly about Yoshi's shield that makes it so good? I remember in the speculation days people were just praying for Yoshi to be able to jump out of shield this time around. Every Yoshi I talked to always complained that Yoshi's unique shield made him so bad. No with Smash3DU it's an absolute asset right? Why is that?

Yoshi has an awful roll though so its shield isn't that good.
Who cares when you have a 3 frame Nair to jump cancel into?

What is it exactly about Yoshi's shield that makes it so good? I remember in the speculation days people were just praying for Yoshi to be able to jump out of shield this time around. Every Yoshi I talked to always complained that Yoshi's unique shield made him so bad. No with Smash3DU it's an absolute asset right? Why is that?
It has always been good. It 100% covers your body at all strengths, which means you can't get poked through as it becomes weaker. It's a huge deal for Mewtwo. Massive, even.

Some rudimentary patch notes have been made based off the current 1.1.3 dataminers pulled from the servers.

Highlights include Doc being completely unchanged, Sheik being completely unchanged, Shulk receiving yet another damage buff, and Mewtwo receiving various hitbox adjustments. Could this be the patch Karsticles has been waiting for? :O

I should mention that these aren't set in stone; we could be seeing more or even different changes when the patch officially goes live later today. As well, the people investigating this stuff aren't completely finished looking through everything. Don't take this as fact just yet.

JulianImp

Man, I'm really hyped for Bayo, and the other two newcomers look nice as well. The mii costumes are a nice send-off to those characters that were unlikely to get made into full-fledged fighters (poor Geno...).

Not sure where to ask, but can I connect (locally) to a NA copy of Smash Bros 3DS if I have the JP version?

I got a JP 3DS while I was on a trip there, and it at least worked fine online, so it shold probably work locally as well. I might be able to try playing with my NA 3DS if you need it and nobody else can tell you for sure.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Gonna be honest. I'm more excited for the patch then the new characters. Bowser might have a new toy. And Ganon got a LOT of stuff.

batrush

I got a JP 3DS while I was on a trip there, and it at least worked fine online, so it shold probably work locally as well. I might be able to try playing with my NA 3DS if you need it and nobody else can tell you for sure.

I just bought game regardless since it's on sale on the JP eShop, so I'll report back in a bit.

Edit: Works fine locally.

TheDancingSteve

Neo Member
Hello SmashGAF!

Long-time lurker here who just got my account approved (And what a time to be able to join the fun huh?)

I'm gonna be trying out Cloud for a while but I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself, it feels crazy to me that I can finally play with you guys! (Warning: I'm not very good though :p)

Cronox

Banned
Hello SmashGAF!

Long-time lurker here who just got my account approved (And what a time to be able to join the fun huh?)

I'm gonna be trying out Cloud for a while but I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself, it feels crazy to me that I can finally play with you guys! (Warning: I'm not very good though :p)

Welcome bruh. Soon as the update finishes I'll be trying out Cloud too for at least 10 minutes, can't wait*!

*Of course after those 10 minutes I'll be playing Bowser.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'm gonna need more time with Cloud but the Bowser buffs are real here.

B Reverse on ledge.

New Uthrow is amazing.

Grab armor on Klaw.

Living the dream as a Bowser main right now.

Hylian7

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'll post it here and in the official Smash Direct thread. I finished Classic Mode with Cloud. This was pretty cool.

WVW69iqclKoqm92mJc

RomanceDawn

I'm gonna need more time with Cloud but the Bowser buffs are real here.

B Reverse on ledge.

New Uthrow is amazing.

Grab armor on Klaw.

Living the dream as a Bowser main right now.

B reverse on ledge does that mean if I up B while facing backwards Bowser will snap to the ledge?

And grab armor on Klaw? As in when I use the move characters will have a harder time escaping from it if they try to attack?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
B reverse on ledge does that mean if I up B while facing backwards Bowser will snap to the ledge?

And grab armor on Klaw? As in when I use the move characters will have a harder time escaping from it if they try to attack?

So far that does indeed seem to be the case.

jnWake

Bayonetta and Corrin look insane. Many movement options.

Fast characters will definitely keep being the best in the game haha.

Tried Cloud today. Aside from his recovery, I actually found it to be a really solid character. His sword is freaking huge, so you can space out really well with the character. Nair hits a very large circle which is great to read rolls, his fair while very laggy and has a slow start up has meteor smash and insane range, and I've used his forward B quite often as a out of shield option. I really like his down air too. His grab kinda weak though.

Only problem is, throw him out of the stage and his recovery might be worse than Little Mac's. If you have your limit bar charged up enough you can fully charge it and his Up B recovery has some range, but without the charge, just expect yourself to be gimped.

Kinda sad actually :p

Top Bottom