• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Zubz

Banned
It's a chat room we all hang out in.

Quote to reveal.

I rarely touched the community thread because I didn't have access to Wi-Fi at my old apartment; I didn't know we had a side-place! Either way, hopefully I can get some matches with you guys in now! I need people to hone my skills with the Queen before I take her to any tournaments. And to get better with Ms. Fit in the meantime.

fisheyes

As someone who hasn't bought any DLC and just wants the characters and stages for Wii U (don't care about the Mii fighters stuff), what's the best way to get it all? Buy them all individually, or through the bundle packs, or? There's just so much DLC that it's hard to sift through.

Do you happen to be in the UK / PAL territories?

I don't have any of the dlc other than mewtoo pack which I got for buying both versions of the game. Is there any cheap way to get the bundles? Is it worth it to get the bundles and not just the characters and stages or cheaper? It's laid out in a confusing way.

Thanks!

I don't have any of the dlc other than mewtoo pack which I got for buying both versions of the game. Is there any cheap way to get the bundles? Is it worth it to get the bundles and not just the characters and stages or cheaper? It's laid out in a confusing way.

Thanks!
The bundles save you a grant total of $0.

Thanks!

You don't save anything by buying the bundles so just pick all the stuff you want individually. The bundles are just to save time I guess.

Crocodile

This video shows off some of the changes for the characters in the latest patch. I assume everyone in this thread is probably up to date on this info but I found this video helpful to me for making sense of the changes and maybe others will feel the same. Another video going over the rest of the changes should come soon.

EDIT: Second video is up!

Boney

Banned
This video shows off some of the changes for the characters in the latest patch. I assume everyone in this thread is probably up to date on this info but I found this video helpful to me for making sense of the changes and maybe others will feel the same. Another video going over the rest of the changes should come soon.
I'm so glad Bowser got some love. Dat up throw

Astral Dog

Playing this game again reminded me of the amazing attention to detail and variety that are in the trophies, wich im finally collecting, not only recreated but with awesome poses and things. truly a work of love.

They even addressed a plothole in Metroid Other M

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Playing this game again reminded me of the amazing attention to detail and variety that are in the trophies, wich im finally collecting, not only recreated but with awesome poses and things. truly a work of love.

They even addressed a plothole in Metroid Other M

If only the Ridley trophy was more then "This is Samus's nemesis- HEY LOOK! I'M A STAGE HAZARD!"

Please tell me more on plot hole addressing.

Codeblue

If Roy's Ken combo worked outside a 10% range, he'd be my dream character. Which is amazing considering how much I loathe Roy in his own game.

FSLink

Banned
Hung out with ESAM today since he's here in Hawaii. Played him a few games with my Lucas. Didn't win a game but took the first stock a few times. Will probably get to play him more throughout the weekend.

kaitain19

My Wii U won't update, does anyone know what to do? I keep getting error code 162-0025 whenever I tried updating the system. It doesn't matter how many times I turn off and on the Wii U, the update never worked. I can still use the web browser, so the internet connection itself is probably not the problem.

Because of this, I can't play Super Smash Bros at all since the Wii U automatically tries to download update, to no avail.

What should I do? Can I just delete the internet setting and play offline from now on? Or do I need to delete the system data?

Boney

Banned
Hung out with ESAM today since he's here in Hawaii. Played him a few games with my Lucas. Didn't win a game but took the first stock a few times. Will probably get to play him more throughout the weekend.
Ask him about Samus

Lol

My Wii U won't update, does anyone know what to do? I keep getting error code 162-0025 whenever I tried updating the system. It doesn't matter how many times I turn off and on the Wii U, the update never worked. I can still use the web browser, so the internet connection itself is probably not the problem.

Because of this, I can't play Super Smash Bros at all since the Wii U automatically tries to download update, to no avail.

What should I do? Can I just delete the internet setting and play offline from now on? Or do I need to delete the system data?
Maybe it's a storage issue?

Jigolo

Been avoiding Miiverse since Star Wars day was creeping in. Got a chance to see it yesterday and played finally some on that stage today.... first text bubble was a huge spoiler lol. Some people probably don't even expect it haha

Been avoiding Miiverse since Star Wars day was creeping in. Got a chance to see it yesterday and played finally some on that stage today.... first text bubble was a huge spoiler lol. Some people probably don't even expect it haha

Im hoping what I read was a troll.......never playing on that stage again untill I see the movie.

Anyone know how much the character dlc total is (not including Bayonetta since she is not out yet) and the stages?

Thinking about buying this and want the characters/stages since smash wii has turned into the official drunk game at our bar lol. Wanted to upgrade to something new, also lets me dunk on fools in mario kart haha.

Crocodile

Here's a video that I thought was an interesting piece/conversation starter on character gameplay design and balance from a competitive standpoint.

Anyone know how much the character dlc total is (not including Bayonetta since she is not out yet) and the stages?

Thinking about buying this and want the characters/stages since smash wii has turned into the official drunk game at our bar lol. Wanted to upgrade to something new, also lets me dunk on fools in mario kart haha.

Characters that aren't bundled with stages (Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Corrin) cost $3.99 (3DS only); $4.99 (WiiU only); $5.99 (both games)

Characters that are bundled with stages (Ryu, Cloud, Bayonetta) cost $4.99 (3DS only); $5.99 (WiiU only); $6.99 (both games)

More info on what all the DLC will cost you can be found here

So is anyone having trouble connecting on the 3DS version?

Keep trying to connect but it keeps saying "a communication error has occurred" and I've had that errror every so often, but when it says it while I try to connect its never done it for an hour straight.

I just wanna enjoy some online Smash. :/

Tried at around 2AM last night and all throughout today. It just won't connect. Thought Christmas errors at first but everything else including other online functions on 3DS and Splatoon works. So is anyone else having problems possibly due to Christmas or is it really me? :(

Mephala

Wow. After an interesting xmas party with smash for the kids I need to know. Is there a way to switch off the messages on the miiverse stages or delete select messages that are displayed? I thought Nintendo was pretty on top of keeping naughty stuff out.
Had a great time explaining "I eat ass" and "X Sucks dicks" is not typically part of the game. In fact I've never seen nonsense like that until that day. One of them even had a questionable pic. Not quite 18+ but very suggestive.

Sorry if the formatting is shit. On mobile.

Laws00

I caved and said what the hell and bought all the dlc characters after xmas

man i dont know what the hell i was thinking waiting

Cloud is so damn fun

about to try out ryu next

Wow. After an interesting xmas party with smash for the kids I need to know. Is there a way to switch off the messages on the miiverse stages or delete select messages that are displayed? I thought Nintendo was pretty on top of keeping naughty stuff out.
Had a great time explaining "I eat ass" and "X Sucks dicks" is not typically part of the game. In fact I've never seen nonsense like that until that day. One of them even had a questionable pic. Not quite 18+ but very suggestive.

IIRC there's an option on online settings that let's you disable Miiverse messages. Can't check right now, but go online in-game and there should be a settings menu for you to toggle it.

Crocodile

12039030_504914673011891_4813368454449707380_o_1__by_ohnips-d9h903m.png

Source

Also, less important, but Star Wars SPOILERS everywhere ;(

On a scale of 1-10, how good of an idea is it to start trying to play on "Random" in order to break autopilot habits?
PURELY to break habits.

Why not build a pocket character instead?

Because more than learn characters, I need to build my fundamentals and stop having bad habits. I can't really think of a better way than to play an entirely different character every time I go to play.

Granted, I won't be winning (much), but I feel like it might help me slow down and think about what I'm doing. Right now my brain isn't wired very much for thinking and more for autopilot. If my strengths and weaknesses and strategies change every match that might help me break that.

So is anyone having trouble connecting on the 3DS version?

Keep trying to connect but it keeps saying "a communication error has occurred" and I've had that errror every so often, but when it says it while I try to connect its never done it for an hour straight.

I just wanna enjoy some online Smash. :/

Tried at around 2AM last night and all throughout today. It just won't connect. Thought Christmas errors at first but everything else including other online functions on 3DS and Splatoon works. So is anyone else having problems possibly due to Christmas or is it really me? :(

Anyone? I still can't play online after 48 hours. Other online games on my 3ds and WiiU work, its only Smash 3DS that I can't connect. So it has to be the server right? But noone else is reporting an outage...plus Splatoon nor Mario Kart 8 went down due to Christmas stress. Don't know what to do here.

Top Bottom