• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

fisheyes

I threw out the idea of this in the Smash DIrect thread, but I have a 3DS and wanted the DLC characters, but just the 3dS version alone is pretty expensive... So I've bought it as the bundle with the WiiU version. Is here anybody in this thread in the UK / pal regions that would like a WiiU code for all of these characters for a couple of quid? I'd be keen to earn back at least a portion of my loses

I threw out the idea of this in the Smash DIrect thread, but I have a 3DS and wanted the DLC characters, but just the 3dS version alone is pretty expensive... So I've bought it as the bundle with the WiiU version. Is here anybody in this thread in the UK / pal regions that would like a WiiU code for all of these characters for a couple of quid? I'd be keen to earn back at least a portion of my loses

I have always wanted this opportunity to come up, but now that is does, it isn't for my region.

Cronox

Banned

Thanks, trying it out as an avatar. Wish the artist had included a bit more of Bowser in the poster, but thems the breaks.

Mewtwo top tier for 2 months before this gets removed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yltskc53Lyg&feature=youtu.be

Ha probably not. All the high tier characters and many mid tier ones have all sorts of crazy possible combo setups. I see no reason this would get taken out. As long as the character still dies at 75% the high tiers aren't in much danger.

Cronox

Banned
You should flip it IMO.

I already flipped it though :(

Haven't you noticed most GAF avatars look to the right? I'm trying to fit in here...
you want me to be all counterculture like you huh...

Edit: ok there's no good way to make it look right on GAF without stretching the image horizontally. So I did. I stretched it horizontally 24 pixels. I hate that I did it, but actually it kinda looks better. But I feel bad about it, if that's any consolation to my fellow aspect ratio sticklers...

I already flipped it though :(

Haven't you noticed most GAF avatars look to the right? I'm trying to fit in here...
you want me to be all counterculture like you huh...

Edit: ok there's no good way to make it look right on GAF without stretching the image horizontally. So I did. I stretched it horizontally 24 pixels. I hate that I did it, but actually it kinda looks better. But I feel bad about it, if that's any consolation to my fellow aspect ratio sticklers...
It looks better now.

JulianImp

Lucas' new quicker grab gives him a new option out of his short hop tether, nice

Can I complain about Pac's grab still being as slow as ever yet? I always punch myself whenever I decide to go for one, because the potential gain from it is so low and I risk getting hit by strong/smash attacks on a whiff. Even against shielding opponents that want to bait an aerial so they can go for a shield-grab, I think the better choice would be to just use up B to hit them out of it instead.

I love the feeling when I'm actually spacing my aerials right and I get to punish their forced shield-grabs, but there're often times when I don't go for that, mostly because Pac's only fast aerial with good range and no landing lag is his fair, which I'm no used to following up with other attacks due to its negligible hitstun and knockback.

Edit: I also read on that smashboards patch notes thread that it looks like Omega Kalos now allows wall-jumping, which makes lots of sense since it being the only "tower"-type omega where you couldn't wall-jump was really weird.

Can I complain about Pac's grab still being as slow as ever yet? I always punch myself whenever I decide to go for one, because the potential gain from it is so low and I risk getting hit by strong/smash attacks on a whiff. Even against shielding opponents that want to bait an aerial so they can go for a shield-grab, I think the better choice would be to just use up B to hit them out of it instead.

I love the feeling when I'm actually spacing my aerials right and I get to punish their forced shield-grabs, but there're often times when I don't go for that, mostly because Pac's only fast aerial with good range and no landing lag is his fair, which I'm no used to following up with other attacks due to its negligible hitstun and knockback.

Edit: I also read on that smashboards patch notes thread that it looks like Omega Kalos now allows wall-jumping, which makes lots of sense since it being the only "tower"-type omega where you couldn't wall-jump was really weird.

Yea, just treat upB as Pac's grab. Only use his regular grab on high success situations

Forkball

Cloud is a lot of fun to play, but I feel that his recovery is perhaps a bit too bad for him to be considered seriously in competitive matches.

Also I have a mini-heart attack every time I whiff Finishing Touch.

Hylian7

This is something that always bothered me, and I'm sure we'll never know the answer to this from Sakurai, but was StreetSmash on 3DS a reference to The World Ends With You? I think it might have been.

The minigame is pretty much the same idea as Tin Pin Slammer.

gamemode4-3.jpg

tinpin_display.jpg

Video of StreetSmash

Video of Tin Pin Slammer (TWEWY)

Cronox

Banned
Don't lie to the man. He played him before the patch.

But... Bowser... :(

Also I met the best Mewtwo I've ever played against on for glory today, he abused the hell out of disable. I couldn't believe how many times he got me. And no I didn't save a replay, I lost 2 matches and he left. Like a dick. Name was Babadook or something, just in case you recognize the name from the Mewtwo boards.

But... Bowser... :(

Also I met the best Mewtwo I've ever played against on for glory today, he abused the hell out of disable. I couldn't believe how many times he got me. And no I didn't save a replay, I lost 2 matches and he left. Like a dick. Name was Babadook or something, just in case you recognize the name from the Mewtwo boards.
Maybe you just played your first post-patch Mewtwo. ;)

FSLink

Banned
Did that GAF tourney ever get set?

I could help run it, but I don't think streaming from Hawaii is a good idea.

I'd be down for uploading replays though.

RE: Bowser and Mewtwo, I really love their buffs in this one. Bowser is tons more viable, and while I'm iffy on Mewtwo, he looks very promising.

After years of using tap jump, I've turned it off to try learning a button to jump to make shorthops and up airs/tilts easier. Muscle memory is fucking me over so bad atm. I'm scared to go off stage now.

FSLink

Banned
After years of using tap jump, I've turned it off to try learning a button to jump to make shorthops and up airs/tilts easier. Muscle memory is fucking me over so bad atm. I'm scared to go off stage now.

Funny thing, I just turned tap jump back ON.

Double sticking is amazing. I can short hop fine with X anyway since I'm used to it from the Melee days, and I have C-Stick set to tilts.

Only characters I currently have Tap Jump OFF with are ZSS and Sheik.

Funny thing, I just turned tap jump back ON.

Double sticking is amazing. I can short hop fine with X anyway since I'm used to it from the Melee days, and I have C-Stick set to tilts.

Only characters I currently have Tap Jump OFF with are ZSS and Sheik.

I'll probably turn it back on soon again, I'm just too used to it. I'll try sticking with it for a while to at least get it into my head to use a button for some short hops. And yeah, double sticking is great with Wario for weaving in and out with Fair.

JulianImp

I'll probably turn it back on soon again, I'm just too used to it. I'll try sticking with it for a while to at least get it into my head to use a button for some short hops. And yeah, double sticking is great with Wario for weaving in and out with Fair.

I turned tap jump off as soon as I got Brawl and haven't looked back ever since, and it's been way better for my playstyle since I like using the right analog for smash attacks, and doing utilts/uairs without worrying about burning my jump feels a lot better. The only reason I might be tempted to go back to tap jump would be if a character I played could get something from it, such as Melee Ness and his djc grounded uairs.

FSLink

Banned
I turned tap jump off as soon as I got Brawl and haven't looked back ever since, and it's been way better for my playstyle since I like using the right analog for smash attacks, and doing utilts/uairs without worrying about burning my jump feels a lot better. The only reason I might be tempted to go back to tap jump would be if a character I played could get something from it, such as Melee Ness and his djc grounded uairs.

In this game, it makes more sense to keep Tap Jump on honestly. Double sticking is just really useful for a lot of characters. Not surprising Nairo and Zero also keep Tap Jump on.

Astral Dog

So the GAF community dried off? I was interested to try some Cloud Smashing but its not like the old days when this game was new :(
Was hoping the new DLC released was going to get people playing for awhile.
i even dusted off the Wii U disc and all

So the GAF community dried off? I was interested to try some Cloud Smashing but its not like the old days when this game was new :(
Was hoping the new DLC released was going to get people playing for awhile.
I think most of them are on discord for this kind of stuff. There's a few posts here you can maybe still quote for an invite. Note that you can type on discord, voice isn't required :D

As someone who hasn't bought any DLC and just wants the characters and stages for Wii U (don't care about the Mii fighters stuff), what's the best way to get it all? Buy them all individually, or through the bundle packs, or? There's just so much DLC that it's hard to sift through.

As someone who hasn't bought any DLC and just wants the characters and stages for Wii U (don't care about the Mii fighters stuff), what's the best way to get it all? Buy them all individually, or through the bundle packs, or? There's just so much DLC that it's hard to sift through.
Individual is best.

Individually. The price of the bundle is just the sum of its components, which includes the costumes.

Top Bottom