• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Ricky 7

Cloud is so solid. His recovery isn't even that bad, it's more Dr. Mario level than Mac. His aerials are so fast and have so much range and little lag. He's got a good projectile and good normal attacks. Also his limit break just makes him even more solid, I shit myself whenever he gets a limit break on.

epicmartin7

Neo Member
Hey guys! So I decided to upload a replay from my copy of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. It shows a glitch that allows you to control up to 8 players at once using one controller. In this video though, I'm only controlling 7. In any case, I hope you guys enjoy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCCIckynyoU

Who doesn't love playing Ganondorf Volleyball. xD

JulianImp

Cloud is so solid. His recovery isn't even that bad, it's more Dr. Mario level than Mac. His aerials are so fast and have so much range and little lag. He's got a good projectile and good normal attacks. Also his limit break just makes him even more solid, I shit myself whenever he gets a limit break on.

That reminds me I was playing against a nice Ike using Cloud earlier, and most of our matches were close. Once I was ready to call it quits after many, many fun games (which I almost always won) I decided to change my nickname to "good games" and then "last one"... but it was then that I realized my opponent was actually salty as hell as he repeatedly switched his nicknames to have them spell "Cloud broken".

And I thought I was safe from toxic players when not playing LoL...

Hey guys,

So I've been playing Smash 4 a lot since it came out, I've got a couple thousand games on my online records. I'm not saying I'm great or anything but I certainly know my way around For Glory.

That being said, my boyfriend is just getting into Smash 4 now and pretty much all my save data has transferred over to his Wii U User Account. He has his own Nintendo Network ID and everything so I'm not sure why this is the case? He loves the game and I want to try to get him into it as much as I can, but he's getting really frustrated since he's fairly new and he has to fight players who are at my level. Is there anything we can do about this? Can we have separate online stats? We're completely different people after all, it's stupid that we have the same MMR.

EDIT: Sorry this might be the wrong thread but I couldn't find the Smash Bros. general...

Hey guys,

So I've been playing Smash 4 a lot since it came out, I've got a couple thousand games on my online records. I'm not saying I'm great or anything but I certainly know my way around For Glory.

That being said, my boyfriend is just getting into Smash 4 now and pretty much all my save data has transferred over to his Wii U User Account. He has his own Nintendo Network ID and everything so I'm not sure why this is the case? He loves the game and I want to try to get him into it as much as I can, but he's getting really frustrated since he's fairly new and he has to fight players who are at my level. Is there anything we can do about this? Can we have separate online stats? We're completely different people after all, it's stupid that we have the same MMR.

EDIT: Sorry this might be the wrong thread but I couldn't find the Smash Bros. general...
I don't think the game actually has matchmaking. Or, at least I'm skeptical of such.

Hey guys,

There no matchmaking in the game. If there is, then I don't see how the opponents I fight are as bad as they are.

Cronox

Banned
Screw Halberd, Delfino and Castle Siege should still be legal. Heaven forbid we have real stage counterpicks that can screw up high tier characters' approach options and projectile games...

Hey guys,

Smash 4 seems to only have a universal save. As for the people on for glory, I think they just match you with the first person available. But the game has been out for more than a year and the people playing often have well-honed playstyles (a polite way of saying they play gimmicky as hell) for playing on omega stages, and if they're still playing for glory, they're going to be better than the average beginner. Why not play free for alls with CPUs or doubles? I don't know how much of a beginner he is. If he's past getting anything out of casual CPU play you may need to help train him up. For glory can be a harsh playground. Maybe play some doubles with him locally or with GAF. Oh, and don't let him play Yoshi.

Screw Halberd, Delfino and Castle Siege should still be legal. Heaven forbid we have real stage counterpicks that can screw up high tier characters' approach options and projectile games...

Smash 4 seems to only have a universal save. As for the people on for glory, I think they just match you with the first person available. But the game has been out for more than a year and the people playing often have well-honed playstyles (a polite way of saying they play gimmicky as hell) for playing on omega stages, and if they're still playing for glory, they're going to be better than the average beginner. Why not play free for alls with CPUs or doubles? I don't know how much of a beginner he is. If he's past getting anything out of casual CPU play you may need to help train him up. For glory can be a harsh playground. Maybe play some doubles with him locally or with GAF. Oh, and don't let him play Yoshi.

Everything Cronox says is fine except for the bolded.

I feel like I just cannot play this game sometimes. I wouldn't call myself a bad player, but I'm certainly not that great. Whenever I play For Glory, about ~90% of the time it's either someone so bad that there's no challenge, or someone so much better and more dedicated than me that I'd be lucky to land a hit. I try For Fun too, but like today I got into a team and had a partner who was so bad that he would usually end up with a -7 or -8. And I played 9 matches with that same group. And I had him as my partner every goddamn match. I only stuck with it because I wanted a chance to bash his stupid face in for being the sole reason I got ganged up on every goddamn match, but it never happened.

So, I guess I just wanted to complain. I realize a big part of it is me not really working to get better at the game, but then I just want this game to be something I pick up for like 20 minutes here and there and just have a little fun with other people. Or maybe I'm not light enough about the game. I dunno.

FSLink

Banned
I kinda preferred the Full List Stage Striking. There's some limitations with just a 5 starter stage list, and with that FLSS website to easily strike during tournaments, it was not any slower either.

I also like Peach's Castle 64 too. >___>;

Looks like we're trying out 3 stock tourneys here in Hawaii for a bit. I'm indifferent to 2/3 stock, but I do like us experimenting with different rulesets.

I slightly prefer 2 stock just due to the pacing feeling very similar to Rounds in other fighting games, but I can see the appeal in more stocks as well of course.

What website are you talking about, FSLink?

And I wonder why people reject Halberd yet would accept Castle Siege's stupid transformations and Delfino's shitty walkoff parts that promote camping the ends fishing for grabs.

Nightii

Banned
Is anybody up for some matches? I'm not feeling ready for Splatoon today and KartGAF is dead right now.

I'll let you guys pick whatever rules/stages you like as long as I'm allowed customs (I play Kirby and Robin), if it's ok with any of you. :$

Beats

Is anybody up for some matches? I'm not feeling ready for Splatoon today and KartGAF is dead right now.

I'll let you guys pick whatever boring rules you like as long as I'm allowed customs (I play Kirby and Robin), if it's ok with any of you. :$

I can play for a bit. NNID is JpBeats.

I'm fine with customs :p Though I haven't played with them in a while. I'll have to remember everything I learned with WFT lol.

Nightii

Banned
Thanks, Beats! That was very fun, your zoning with Toon Link was very cool, and I even won twice lol!

Did I cause lag on your end? I always worry about that.

FSLink

Banned
What website are you talking about, FSLink?

And I wonder why people reject Halberd yet would accept Castle Siege's stupid transformations and Delfino's shitty walkoff parts that promote camping the ends fishing for grabs.

Can't check if this is a current working mirror at the moment but : http://supervachebros.fr/striking.html

I'd rather deal with the walkoffs and transformations of Castle Siege and Delfino than the hazards and the weird edges of Halberd personally.

Can't check if this is a current working mirror at the moment but : http://supervachebros.fr/striking.html

I'd rather deal with the walkoffs and transformations of Castle Siege and Delfino than the hazards and the weird edges of Halberd personally.

It ain't working for me personally, though I checked the main website out and on their ruleset page you can click on the stage pictures and it's like a little banning thing which was neat. :) I also like their stage list, it seems there's no starter/counterpick stuff and each player gets 3 bans, going p1-p1-p2-p2-p2-p1 until only 1 out of 7 stages remains.

Battlefield and Miiverse are grouped together as well as FD and Omega stages, while Dreamland 64 is separate. I want to try this list out!

And fair enough, we all have preferences on certain stages so that's understandable.

Top Bottom