• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

February can't come fast enough.

Tell me about it. I still can't believe she actually made it. I voted for her first in the ballot, but started rooting for Wonder Red shortly after that because I thought he had more chance of making it than her. Finally a DLC character I actually care about.

Is it me or does cloud actually look more like cloud in this than he does in the remake or Advent children?

The AC costume looks great in this. Still looks like ff7 cloud, but with ac's cool outfit

Cronox

Banned
A 40-minute set between Shamrock's day 1 Cloud and my funky Mewtwo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YglOqbPuFSM&feature=youtu.be

I am going to start recording all my sets and uploading them.

Yeah I can see the extra range on fair helping. Yaknow, I read somewhere that Mewtwo's dsmash is safe on shield or something, is that true? Can't figure out what to do with the move. Also notice you don't go for throws much these days. Preferring the side b and confusion it seems...

Audio on your videos is a little tinny (no, more like muffled), wonder if that's a software or hardware thing.

Yeah I can see the extra range on fair helping. Yaknow, I read somewhere that Mewtwo's dsmash is safe on shield or something, is that true? Can't figure out what to do with the move. Also notice you don't go for throws much these days. Preferring the side b and confusion it seems...

Audio on your videos is a little tinny (no, more like muffled), wonder if that's a software or hardware thing.
Hmm, I wonder. Do other folks feel like the audio is muffled?

Mewtwo's Dsmash is definitely safe on shield. Always has been, but it has a lot of startup. I don't use it often. The great thing about it is it pulls Mewtwo back like Ganondorf's Fsmash, so you can punish some attacks. Fsmash does the same thing though, so it isn't that great.

Mewtwo's grab is punishable on whiff if the opponent rolls, so you should use it sparingly. I mostly grab after an uncharged Shadow Ball hits.

I am uploading another video of me playing SolarKnight, and my Mewtwo is in much better shape in that video now that I have adjusted to some of Mewtwo's changes. I'll post it once it is up.

Crayolan

Jigglypuff had a rollout glitch removed and got the flower damage from her Rest buffed by like 1%.

Since September of 2014 those were the only changes Jiggs has gotten in this game.

I was gonna ask if puff finally got some cool changes but I guess not. >_>

What was the rollout glitch? If it was the speed and power increasing on slopes I'm gonna be so sad.

JulianImp

The only noticeable change Wario has gotten in all the patches was the removal of Wectoring. It still hurts.

I still can't fathom what in the world led to Wario being the only character able to do that. Still, it was a ridiculous physics bug, so it being kept would've made no sense at all.

Okay, so I bought the Cloud bundle on 3DS and I put the download code in on my Wii U and it says it's purchased but it won't download. I've booted up the game to make sure and I can't play as Cloud on the Wii U version.

Oh yeah, the Mewtwo buff:
Fully Charged Shadow Ball is ~20% bigger.

Also, Mewtwo can KO off of Nair now. ;-D I started to use some of this tech on SolarKnight last night, but it will take time for my muscle memory to adapt.

You'd think all this would've been data mined !__!

To be fair, wectoring was the weirdest shit ever.
The datamining only shows character hitbox, damage, and startup frame changes. FAF and projectile changes are in other files that (I guess?) people don't know how to read as well. The datamining stuff is down to a science - programs run through the code and find the changes. I'm not sure why they can't do it for projectiles and stuff.

The only noticeable change Wario has gotten in all the patches was the removal of Wectoring. It still hurts.
Wario is pretty much perfect as-is. I'm not sure what anyone would want changed about him. Personally, I would make him lose the Waft charge between KOs.

Some of y'all better be online for matches tonight
Oh, I was there.

Wario is pretty much perfect as-is. I'm not sure what anyone would want changed about him. Personally, I would make him lose the Waft charge between KOs.

Oh, I know, I'm not asking for buffs or anything. Same for Dedede, I think he's fine as-is too. It's just that I feel left out every patch when characters change :p.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Should I let my first grader (6y) play smash with me? I'm sure he'll love it, and it's hardly worse than the lego ninjago stuff he's already watching?

Anyone here play with their kids?

Should I let my first grader (6y) play smash with me? I'm sure he'll love it, and it's hardly worse than the lego ninjago stuff he's already watching?

I play with children if that counts. :p Given the kind of media that's out there and accessible by children these days, I guess it depends how you think the kid can handle it. I know the little ones I Smash with like it because it's colorful and it's Mario fighting Pikachu lol, nothing worse than whatever the crazy YouTube celebs are playing (and from what I hear YouTube let's plays can be rather vulgar >__>).

Karst has a baby who's already prepping for Evo 2025 if that counts, maybe he knows better. :O

entremet

Props on Karts on having a baby, being a teacher (Not a 9-5 job at all) and training on Smash.

What are your time management secrets, Karst?

No sleep lol.

Here is an upload of my set with SolarKnight last night. This is a much better representation of Mewtwo's potential, since I've had time to adjust to his changes now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZoViV8qJfY

Oh, I know, I'm not asking for buffs or anything. Same for Dedede, I think he's fine as-is too. It's just that I feel left out every patch when characters change :p.
I feel like Dedede could use a little help, but I don't know what it is.

I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as it isn't too much. If it's with you, then it's a great bonding experience, and you can use the game as an opportunity to teach your son sportsmanship, psychology, forethought, etc. I plan on starting my kids out on chess, but eventually moving them to fighting games as well.

I play with children if that counts. :p Given the kind of media that's out there and accessible by children these days, I guess it depends how you think the kid can handle it. I know the little ones I Smash with like it because it's colorful and it's Mario fighting Pikachu lol, nothing worse than whatever the crazy YouTube celebs are playing (and from what I hear YouTube let's plays can be rather vulgar >__>).

Karst has a baby who's already prepping for Evo 2025 if that counts, maybe he knows better. :O
He already watched some Evo with me this year to begin learning.

I actually try to keep him away from seeing TV. Don't want it to be a major part of his life during a motor-development part of his life.

Props on Karts on having a baby, being a teacher (Not a 9-5 job at all) and training on Smash.

What are your time management secrets, Karst?

No sleep lol.
I'm also a full-time college student. :p

Things that help:
My wife is a full-time mother.
Her and the baby go to bed ~7PM, which gives me a little time in the evening to myself.
I have an army of TAs that do all of my non-test grading for me.
I teach math, which is, IMO, not as hard to prep for as some other subjects (history and science being the worst, english being the easiest).
I put minimal effort into my college classes to ensure I still have a 4.0, because Education degrees are pathetic jokes.
I have no friends or social life.
I never do anything outside of my house but work.
I have no financially burdensome vices.

entremet

Here is an upload of my set with SolarKnight last night. This is a much better representation of Mewtwo's potential, since I've had time to adjust to his changes now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZoViV8qJfY

I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as it isn't too much. If it's with you, then it's a great bonding experience, and you can use the game as an opportunity to teach your son sportsmanship, psychology, forethought, etc. I plan on starting my kids out on chess, but eventually moving them to fighting games as well.

He already watched some Evo with me this year to begin learning.

I actually try to keep him away from seeing TV. Don't want it to be a major part of his life during a motor-development part of his life.

I'm also a full-time college student. :p

Things that help:
My wife is a full-time mother.
Her and the baby go to bed ~7PM, which gives me a little time in the evening to myself.
I have an army of TAs that do all of my non-test grading for me.
I teach math, which is, IMO, not as hard to prep for as some other subjects (history and science being the worst, english being the easiest).
I put minimal effort into my college classes to ensure I still have a 4.0, because Education degrees are pathetic jokes.
I have no friends or social life.
I never do anything outside of my house but work.
I have no financially burdensome vices.

My friends who have families basically say the same thing lol.

At least you have Sm4sh GAF!

His framedate overall isn't good, but buffing that could make him too strong I think. Bad framedata combined with his large hurtbox and fast falling speed causes him to get combo'd a lot by the fast top tiers. He may lose out to the top cast but I still think he is very solid and fine as he is. Maybe they could change gordo reflect damage back to 3% instead of 2%, which would make it a bit safer at least.

You don't need friends when you have smashgaf.

In all seriousness, I really enjoy these online relationships. As a kid, all I wanted to do was play fighting games, but no one was into it as much as I was.

Merry Christmas (and all the other ones), SmashGAF. :)

His framedate overall isn't good, but buffing that could make him too strong I think. Bad framedata combined with his large hurtbox and fast falling speed causes him to get combo'd a lot by the fast top tiers. He may lose out to the top cast but I still think he is very solid and fine as he is. Maybe they could change gordo reflect damage back to 3% instead of 2%, which would make it a bit safer at least.
I actually don't know anything about Dedede. For example, can you choose the angles Gordos fire at? What determines when they can be hit back? Why do Dedede players sometimes "Catch" the Gorgos and hit them back at me again, and how does that effect the Gordo? I really have no idea about any of this.

My friends who have families basically say the same thing lol.

At least you have Sm4sh GAF!
I've never been a social person anyway, so it doesn't bother me. Going home and seeing my son is the most socially fulfilling relationship I have.

entremet

What other fighting games do you play, Karst?

I've always loved them too. They're like my preferred version of head to head non physical games. Could never get into Chess or Backgammon. Maybe when my reflexes go in my elderly years lol.

As someone living in a region where the #2 PR player, below only an Evo top 16 player, is a D3 main, if anything I'd be inclined to say that Dedede is underrated.

Also, Karst you really need to look into what's up with your videos' sound :T

I actually don't know anything about Dedede. For example, can you choose the angles Gordos fire at? What determines when they can be hit back? Why do Dedede players sometimes "Catch" the Gorgos and hit them back at me again, and how does that effect the Gordo? I really have no idea about any of this.

Yes, you can angle the gordos. Uptilted gordo is the one that bounces in place and moves slowly forwards, untilted it just bounces straight, and downtilted it starts out fast but goes slower and bounces higher the further it gets (but I almost never use that one). Any move that deals 2% dmg or more bounces it back at Dedede, so basically only stuff like Shiek's needles and some multihit moves don't bounce it back. Dedede can bounce it back by attacking it again, and the catching animation occurs when he attack it at the last possible moment. Gordos also bounce higher if you throw them out from a higher position like after jumping.

Laws00

should i wait for the last dlc to come out for the game in February to get all the dlc characters?

i mean i've waited this long

should i wait for the last dlc to come out for the game in February to get all the dlc characters?

i mean i've waited this long
I mean it's not like you save anything with any of the bundles available now anyway, but you're not forced to buy them now either.

In the end, it's up to you really. Either result is the same, just one let's you play with the already released characters sooner.

What other fighting games do you play, Karst?

I've always loved them too. They're like my preferred version of head to head non physical games. Could never get into Chess or Backgammon. Maybe when my reflexes go in my elderly years lol.
Oh, I play all kinds of fighting games. I disliked SFIV, but love SFV so far. Play Marvel now and then and love it. Skullgirls. Just got into BlazBlue. Was active in Xrd until I decided that none of the characters fit my style of play (hoping Dizzy changes that, but I might need Testament). If ASW gets its crap together and releases a PS4 version of P4A, I'll pick that up, too.

The only fighters I really don't enjoy are 3D fighters - they are all about up-and-close brawling, and I like to space and zone in every game I play. The only exception is SFV, where I might end up playing Bison. Fireballs are crappy in every Street Fighter outside of II.

I just love fighting games! I'll even play Tekken upon request. At locals, if there's an empty station I'll sit down and ask if someone minds teaching me the game. I definitely prefer games where you have crazier movesets than ones with more...simple movesets. I don't know if you've seen Nine for BlazBlue, but she's definitely my type of character.

As someone living in a region where the #2 PR player, below only an Evo top 16 player, is a D3 main, if anything I'd be inclined to say that Dedede is underrated.

Also, Karst you really need to look into what's up with your videos' sound :T
Damn, is it really that bad? I'll look into it.

The guy who consistently wins our locals is a Dedede player, too. I also think Dedede is underrated, but I wonder if he can touch the top tiers at all. I imagine that Sheik and Rosalina are extremely frustrating for him.

Damn, is it really that bad? I'll look into it.

The guy who consistently wins our locals is a Dedede player, too. I also think Dedede is underrated, but I wonder if he can touch the top tiers at all. I imagine that Sheik and Rosalina are extremely frustrating for him.

Yeah that's the thing. He isn't bad at all, it's just that all his worst matchups are the current top tiers. He's just combo fodder for Shiek, ZSS and Luigi. And any character with a decent projectile can make it very difficult for him to approach.

Oh, I play all kinds of fighting games. I disliked SFIV, but love SFV so far. Play Marvel now and then and love it. Skullgirls. Just got into BlazBlue. Was active in Xrd until I decided that none of the characters fit my style of play (hoping Dizzy changes that, but I might need Testament). If ASW gets its crap together and releases a PS4 version of P4A, I'll pick that up, too.

The only fighters I really don't enjoy are 3D fighters - they are all about up-and-close brawling, and I like to space and zone in every game I play. The only exception is SFV, where I might end up playing Bison. Fireballs are crappy in every Street Fighter outside of II.

I just love fighting games! I'll even play Tekken upon request. At locals, if there's an empty station I'll sit down and ask if someone minds teaching me the game. I definitely prefer games where you have crazier movesets than ones with more...simple movesets. I don't know if you've seen Nine for BlazBlue, but she's definitely my type of character.

Karst go buy P4AU so we can hear who your best girl is and why it's Yosuke =3

I don't know what to think of a region where the top player mains a mid-tier like Dedede. Then again my region's top 10 has at least two Sheiks and a Luigi so maybe it's just certain character usage that lets other characters succeed. :O

I don't know what to think of a region where the top player mains a mid-tier like Dedede. Then again my region's top 10 has at least two Sheiks and a Luigi so maybe it's just certain character usage that lets other characters succeed. :O

I don't know about my region, but my city's top 5 consists of two Yoshis, Fox, Little Mac, and #1 is Ganondorf.

I can only imagine how much better the Ganondorf will be after this new patch.

I don't know about my region, but my city's top 5 consists of two Yoshis, Fox, Little Mac, and #1 is Ganondorf.

Now I'm wondering whether one can call Chicago a region or if it's just lumped in with several other states as "the Midwest."

Even though Chicago is a city, not a state.

Meh, we have our own monthly, I think we can make it work =3

Colorado is pretty low key. I got 2nd a while back with Bowser. :p

Also, best P4 girl is clearly Yukiko, but in P4AU I would probably main Margaret.

Makes sense since Yoshi is the best character.

Puruzi

Banned
Colorado is pretty low key. I got 2nd a while back with Bowser. :p

Also, best P4 girl is clearly Yukiko, but in P4AU I would probably main Margaret.

Makes sense since Yoshi is the best character.

0E32O1v.gif

Cronox

Banned
That Bayonetta poster probably is the best game-related artwork I've ever seen. I need that on a poster.

I'd like to rip out just the Bowser part of that poster (I mean nothing but him and a transparent background), but it's too much work to bother with at the moment.

Evilkazz

Banned
Any good anti Cloud strategies yet?

Good cloud players rekt all of my best mains. His moves come out so fast and that limit breaks can kill so early.

I've had the best luck with Roy Vs Cloud but even then cloud's reach/hit boxes are way superior

Any good anti Cloud strategies yet?

Good cloud players rekt all of my best mains. His moves come out so fast and that limit breaks can kill so early.

I've had the best luck with Roy Vs Cloud but even then cloud's reach/hit boxes are way superior

I was gonna say just edgeguard him, but then I saw you said you were using Roy lol

Top Bottom