• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Duck Hunt: On a 120% Shiek, down-throw to upair is a true combo if your timing's perfect. GL with that third hit though and I dunno if this was true pre-patch. lol

Nia

93tb3rx.jpg

I suppose this is the best I can get. I edited the sample face because I didn't like it.

Illucio

Banned
Man Bayonetta has way too much going against her. My friends just said she is just hard to use, I disagree entirely.

Shit recover
She has a ton of weight yet huge knockback
Too much Lag/Delay with her attacks
Hitbox (as in characters hitting her) is huge like Bowsers, I get grabbed waay to easily.
Her dodge evasion is extremely short (with a huge amount of lag)
Witch Time ability is useless after one use until you die or wait a huge period of time. (Witch time is nerfed even if you don't successfully land the attack.)
Her neutral B gun is strong but she has to finish her attack and the move leaves her wide open with to much lag/delay after usage.
Precision is even more precise than Luigi and Wii Fit Trainer combine making landing attacks extremely difficult (I literally had a yoshi right in front of the attack but the precision shoots outwards making it so the attack doesn't hit at all.)
Slow moves

Her nerfs don't even make sense. I'm so upset, it's like some employee got very pissy on how strong she sounded on paper and nerfed literally everything about her. She is almost trash tier.
MY BAE-NETTA D:
Bayonetta is literally like how bad Samus in terms of attacks not hitting.

Corrin on the other hand is extremely powerful, excellent speed, movement, her side B is extremely powerful, she is precise but has a ton of leeway, her recover is meh level but decent, great counter, her spear attack makes Corrin jumpy/evasive/offensive, and her base attacks and air attacks are insanely good. He/She is easily B or A tier. Absolutely great.

Man Bayonetta has way too much going against her. My friends just said she is just hard to use, I disagree entirely.

Shit recover
Hitbox (as in characters hitting her) is huge like Bowsers, I get grabbed waay to easily.
Witch Time ability is useless after one use until you die or wait a huge period of time. (Witch time is nerfed even if you don't successfully land the attack.)
Her neutral B gun is strong but she has to finish her attack and the move leaves her wide open with to much lag/delay after usage.
Precision is even more precise than Luigi and Wii Fit Trainer combine making landing attacks extremely difficult (I literally had a yoshi right in front of the attack but the precision shoots outwards making it so the attack doesn't hit at all.)
Slow moves

Her nerfs don't even make sense. I'm so upset, it's like some employee got very pissy on how strong she sounded on paper and nerfed literally everything about her. She is almost trash tier.
MY BAE-NETTA D:

Corrin on the other hand is extremely powerful, excellent speed, movement, her side B is extremely powerful, she is precise but has a ton of leeway, her recover is meh level but decent, great counter, her spear attack makes Corrin jumpy/evasive/offensive, and her base attacks and air attacks are insanely good. He/She is easily B or A tier. Absolutely great.
Oh wow. None of this is correct at all.

Puruzi

Banned

Shit recover
Slow moves

MY BAE-NETTA D:

Corrin on the other hand is extremely powerful, excellent speed, movement, her side B is extremely powerful, she is precise but has a ton of leeway, her recover is meh level but decent, great counter, her spear attack makes Corrin jumpy/evasive/offensive, and her base attacks and air attacks are insanely good. He/She is easily B or A tier. Absolutely
great.

A7Q5loY.png

Marcus

Shit recover
Slow moves

MY BAE-NETTA D:

lol. she was just released, how can she be nerfed

Witch Time is interesting, but can also be dangerous for the Bayo player if they're not careful.

Running into active hitframes that are slowed down can be suicidal.

Vena

I noted this in some PMs but with some testing, I feel like both Bayo and Corrin were created just to fuck with Sheik and all of her options, lol.

That said, I think I am going crazy in my perception of how Samus is handling! Woo.

I don't think that's possible. I've had a lot of active hitboxes pass through my during Witch Time.
It's happened to me. Was fighting a Corrin and witch timed her Sode B, charged up my smash, and got nailed during the charge up.

Also, dodges and the like still work when slowed down. Managed to do that once haha.

I think disjointed hitboxes will go through. The first one may be cancelled but since a new hitbox gets generated it's active during witch time

Hylian7

I mentioned this in the other thread, but I did some experimenting with both characters and learned something interesting about Bayonetta. I'm not sure what exactly Nairo meant by the Wicked Weaves (smash attacks) having the "projectile" property, but they are definitely not treated like projectiles. Palutena and Fox can't reflect them, Villager can't pocket them.

However something interested I did notice was the shots when you hold the buttons from moves other than her neutral B. They technically aren't considered projectiles. This means they don't work on Palutena's Reflect, Fox's Reflector, PSI Magnets, Pocketing, Link/Toon Link's shield, the whole nine yards. The Bullet Climax (neutral B) bullets do count as projectiles though, and interact with all of the above just like you would expect.

Puruzi

Banned
you can only get hit after witchtiming if you do it on a multihit move.

if you counter a multihit just stay back

her smashes have enough reach.

I mentioned this in the other thread, but I did some experimenting with both characters and learned something interesting about Bayonetta. I'm not sure what exactly Nairo meant by the Wicked Weaves (smash attacks) having the "projectile" property, but they are definitely not treated like projectiles. Palutena and Fox can't reflect them, Villager can't pocket them.

However something interested I did notice was the shots when you hold the buttons from moves other than her neutral B. They technically aren't considered projectiles. This means they don't work on Palutena's Reflect, Fox's Reflector, PSI Magnets, Pocketing, Link/Toon Link's shield, the whole nine yards. The Bullet Climax (neutral B) bullets do count as projectiles though, and interact with all of the above just like you would expect.
To further this, be careful when doing Bayonetta dittos since the standard extended attack bullets will trigger the full Witch Time, instead of the shortened projectile one

JulianImp

So does Bayo have the best counter in the game by far or what? Dodging an attack and getting free charged smashes out of it sounds way better than all the other characters' counterattacks. Having watched some of Karst's Bayonetta dittos it really looks like things get intense once either player's in kill percentage due to how much of a threat her counter is.

So does Bayo have the best counter in the game by far or what? Dodging an attack and getting free charged smashes out of it sounds way better than all the other characters' counterattacks. Having watched some of Karst's Bayonetta dittos it really looks like things get intense once either player's in kill percentage due to how much of a threat her counter is.

Yeah, it certainly seems like it. Biggest issue with her counter is pretty much mute anyway (being that the length and therefore effectiveness is based on damage/attempts).

And it is SATISFYING AS HELL to get that charged Fsmash on a Witch Time.

PK Gaming

Without a doubt

The fact that she moves during her counter alone is a big deal

Shit recover
Slow moves

MY BAE-NETTA D:

Sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Beats

Marth has some new followups after Tipper Jab 1 and Jab 1:

Tipper Jab 1 > Tipper F-tilt
Jab 1 > Tipper Up-tilt or Up-tilt
Tipper Jab 1 > Fair/Tipper Fair
Jab 1 > Regular/Tipper Dolphin Slash

They're true combos too. I'll have to experiment with the percent ranges (I tried most of this at 90+%) and also see what else you can do with the new endlag reductions later. Should be a bit easier to KO now with him outside of tipper smashes.

Vena

Marth has some new followups after Tipper Jab 1 and Jab 1:

Tipper Jab 1 > Tipper F-tilt
Jab 1 > Tipper Up-tilt or Up-tilt
Tipper Jab 1 > Fair/Tipper Fair
Jab 1 > Regular/Tipper Dolphin Slash

They're true combos too. I'll have to experiment with the percent ranges (I tried most of this at 90+%) and also see what else you can do with the new endlag reductions later. Should be a bit easier to KO now with him outside of tipper smashes.

Seems like Girl Marth, Fire Lucina, and Blue Roy all got solid buffs all over the place.

PK Gaming

Dumb question. I use Ryu, what can I do against Corrin instead of getting in?

Same way you play against all swordies with huge range. Tons of empty jumps, block when you need to, and move in whenever you can. Harass with aerials when you're super close to her and clean off stocks with true shoruken. It's tough, because she's much better at keeping you out from the air than most swordsmen, but she can't actually kill you unless she gets a hard read/edgeguards, so you have a buffer.

A dragon with a chainsaw that can turn his appendages into spears and mouths and is also voiced by KH Simba / Kratos from ToS. I was wondering why it sounded so familiar.

Top Bottom