• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

jnWake

I wish they made Yoshi's Side B actually useful. I mean, there are worse moves, but it's so easy to accidentally get stuck in that stupid egg when trying to launch eggs that it needs to be better.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Wario has the most disappointing moveset in this game for me, followed by toon link. There's so much potential, so much great material to pick from, and NONE of it is used.

I would forgive his new Fsmash being a thing if they kept in Wectoring. But Sakurai is all about no fun.

FSLink

Banned
I wish they made Yoshi's Side B actually useful. I mean, there are worse moves, but it's so easy to accidentally get stuck in that stupid egg when trying to launch eggs that it needs to be better.

I always thought it was intentional so if you mess up B-reversing or upB, you'd get a shit move.

This happened to me recently so I have to ask; does anyone understand why in For Fun, three people will gang up against one person. I was just trying to play like normal, but they all decided by some kind of psychic link to target only me. I know this because every time I get KO'd, they don't attack each other and wait for me to respawn. They don't even know me, I'm not sure if they knew each other, but if they did, why didn't they make a private room? Do any of you do this? What amusement could there be in bullying someone who is probably a kid? I had this happen in Brawl too, and it's frustrating. Is there some kind of secret code I don't know?

This happened to me recently so I have to ask; does anyone understand why in For Fun, three people will gang up against one person. I was just trying to play like normal, but they all decided by some kind of psychic link to target only me. I know this because every time I get KO'd, they don't attack each other and wait for me to respawn. They don't even know me, I'm not sure if they knew each other, but if they did, why didn't they make a private room? Do any of you do this? What amusement could there be in bullying someone who is probably a kid? I had this happen in Brawl too, and it's frustrating. Is there some kind of secret code I don't know?

I don't know how they start it, but every For Fun game I've played has been a 3v1. However, they didn't do anything until I start going after someone, and then everyone of them went after me. The mode is really stupid.

IIRC, something similar happened in Brawl -- they are like, farming time or some shit, I don't know, and when you start actually playing they get mad.

Stupid.

JulianImp

IIRC, something similar happened in Brawl -- they are like, farming time or some shit, I don't know, and when you start actually playing they get mad.

Stupid.

They aren't even farming time, you know. There were "taunt parties" online back in Brawl, which kind of did have a goal in a very loose sense of the word (even though it was limited to "taunt the whole match and do dumb things with items, and gang up on those who don't"), but I guess the taunt limit in smash 4 means they're just "idle parties". For Fun might make sense since they can still fool around with items, but I honestly don't get why anyone would go do that in For Glory.

Hylian7

They aren't even farming time, you know. There were "taunt parties" online back in Brawl, which kind of did have a goal in a very loose sense of the word (even though it was limited to "taunt the whole match and do dumb things with items, and gang up on those who don't"), but I guess the taunt limit in smash 4 means they're just "idle parties". For Fun might make sense since they can still fool around with items, but I honestly don't get why anyone would go do that in For Glory.

I know more than a few times I've had a weird thing happen in For Glory where I play one opponent for a few matches, then suddenly he just suicides twice and leaves after that. WTF

PtM

Banned
So do the ban filters work that behaviour out as promised?

Codeblue

I know more than a few times I've had a weird thing happen in For Glory where I play one opponent for a few matches, then suddenly he just suicides twice and leaves after that. WTF

I've done that if something unexpected comes up and I don't want to just disconnect on someone.

Hylian7

Are there any difference in Bayonetta's stage and Final Destination in platform size?

Edit: nvm
Can't tell for sure but the regular platform looks the same size.

I figured back during the breakdown during the Direct that the angels didn't interfere, but it is nice to see it confirmed. That stage is pretty cool. I was also kind of surprised to see it in the 3DS version too. I thought all the angels flying around would make it too busy, but then again Midgar made it onto 3DS just fine.

So do the ban filters work that behaviour out as promised?

I think it did once. I had a match suddenly end when I was being ganged up on. I assume that the game has some kind of counter for how often you target one person, so maybe the reason it didn't happen that time was because they occasionally attacked each other by accident.

I'm having a lot of fun with Cloud. Especially since learning that I can cancel Limit Charge into Down Smash. Waiting for Feb 3.

EDIT:
Never noticed how big Mega Man's fully-charged Forward Smash is.

PtM

Banned
Guys shouldn't an amiibo's custom moves only be active when customisation's activated?
My woolly yoshi still has them in standard mode.

Fumpster

Hey guys, does anyone know what time the eShop usually puts DLC characters up? Is it worth staying up tomorrow night to get them, or do they usually go up mid-day?

Hey guys, does anyone know what time the eShop usually puts DLC characters up? Is it worth staying up tomorrow night to get them, or do they usually go up mid-day?

The twitter said it would be in the afternoon so I wouldn't advise staying up. They update may be downloaded at that time but the unlock keys for them wouldn't be sold until the afternoon on Wednesday, based on how past updates have gone.

I'm terrible with Ryu. Unfortunately my 2 mains are tier E. Hopefully that improves a bit with this patch, but it seems that my favorite characters to use are typically among the worst in the game.

105.Will

So, i went a little nuts in anticipation of Bayonetta and decided to analyze the start up on all the moves preformed in the 1v1 against Corrin. Granted these arnet 100% frame perfect but this is what i got.

7 D-tilt
6-7 F tilt
9 jab

6 F-air
10 N-Air
10-11 B-air
17 d-air
9 u-air, peak at 12, end at 18

15 neautral b, 30 to charge
4-5 up b in air
8 side b air
15 side b on ground
6-7 down b

20 f-smash
7 up-smash

Let me know if you see anything I missed. She seems really weird, and all her moves are pretty slow to start, but up b being around 5 frames in the air can hopefully be a really good out of shield option to start combos

Top Bottom