• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

GGs Cyberman. I have never performed that well against Sonic. My mind is pretty blown. I just have to treat him completely different from everyone else. -_-

It is really hard for Mewtwo to KO Sonic. Most of my options are way too unsafe. I had to go for Disable a lot, which is high risk. I feel like I should be able to gimp Sonic since his Up B is vulnerable, but I am too scared to try.

What are your reflections on our matches? I could use feedback from you.

Also, since the run data is all public, I can't believe how much faster Sonic is than everyone else. o_O
GGs, Karst. Your Mewtwo has improved since the last time I've played you. I see that you learned that N-air/jab is really good against Sonic when he's approaching/in neutral. Took me sometime to adapt to that.

I feel like Sonic still wins this matchup when played right. Its also so scary playing him on Battlefield when I'm trying to land, haha. I do feel like that I read what you were doing sometimes (like the double uncharged Shadow Ball to dash), but you stopped doing that more often later in the matches.

I also can't seem to figure out if Burning Spin Dash or default is better against him, but I'm liking Burning more so far. I'm probably only going to use Hammer against big/heavy characters.

Have you still been messing with Bowser? I lost against Ash23 a couple of weeks back (was probably due to nerves) and could use the matchup practice.

Nah it's just me. I guess we'll end it there. For the best since that kind of lag just ain't fun to play with!

That sucks, I was looking forward to playing you!

Damn, I see. What country are you in? Sucks that it's lagging like this, I got an adapter to avoid it and my Wii U is in the same room as my PC battlestation so IDK why I've been lagging lately. Maybe Comcast is finally being the asshole everyone says they are... :(

I wanted to play you for the longest dude, heard good shit about your Marth but I guess it wasn't meant to be. D:

Well, anyone else wanna play me for a little bit?

Oidisco

Damn, I see. What country are you in? Sucks that it's lagging like this, I got an adapter to avoid it and my Wii U is in the same room as my PC battlestation so IDK why I've been lagging lately. Maybe Comcast is finally being the asshole everyone says they are... :(

I wanted to play you for the longest dude, heard good shit about your Marth but I guess it wasn't meant to be. D:

Well, anyone else wanna play me for a little bit?

Ireland and I just brought my Wii U into the other room so that I wouldn't have to use wi-fi. Oh well, maybe some other day we can try and hope it's better.

GGs, Karst. Your Mewtwo has improved since the last time I've played you. I see that you learned that N-air/jab is really good against Sonic when he's approaching/in neutral. Took me sometime to adapt to that.

I feel like Sonic still wins this matchup when played right. Its also so scary playing him on Battlefield when I'm trying to land, haha. I do feel like that I read what you were doing sometimes (like the double uncharged Shadow Ball to dash), but you stopped doing that more often later in the matches.

I also can't seem to figure out if Burning Spin Dash or default is better against him, but I'm liking Burning more so far. I'm probably only going to use Hammer against big/heavy characters.

Have you still been messing with Bowser? I lost against Ash23 a couple of weeks back (was probably due to nerves) and could use the matchup practice.
I don't touch Bowser except when people ask me to, and when I am playing against one of Mewtwo's worst Matchups. My locals dropped customs, so playing Bowser suuucks.

Can you tell me the differences between the spindashes? I can try and help you reflect on the best option vs. Mewtwo.

I agree that the matchup is still thoroughly in Sonic's favor. Probably 6-4.

See, this is why Nair needs more buffs. :p I started tunneling around the middle of our set, but I tried to give it my all for that last one. The key seems to be running away, haha. :/ I actually think Mewtwo must do that in many matchups.

lol energy projectiles

-sincerely, Mr game & watch
I am glad one of the few characters worse than Mewtwo can find something to laugh about in life. :)

Went to my first tourney today up in Elk Grove California. I was incredibly nervous. Ended up going 1-2 in bracket. :( Hnads were shaking, inputs were slow, and my fox was sliding all over the place. Wasn't crisby at all. Oh well. Nice experience though.

I don't touch Bowser except when people ask me to, and when I am playing against one of Mewtwo's worst Matchups. My locals dropped customs, so playing Bowser suuucks.

Can you tell me the differences between the spindashes? I can try and help you reflect on the best option vs. Mewtwo.

I agree that the matchup is still thoroughly in Sonic's favor. Probably 6-4.

See, this is why Nair needs more buffs. :p I started tunneling around the middle of our set, but I tried to give it my all for that last one. The key seems to be running away, haha. :/ I actually think Mewtwo must do that in many matchups.

I am glad one of the few characters worse than Mewtwo can find something to laugh about in life. :)
Burning Spin Dash has faster startup when you release it from a charge compared to the normal version, but if you shield it, you get a free punish since it has a ton of lag. It also lets me do that little air spin dash just above the ground which I think is pretty useful. The default just goes up a bit and has a little bit slower startup.

But yeah, I have trouble when people are playing defensive against me. I do feel like the whole character needs buffs

Went to my first tourney today up in Elk Grove California. I was incredibly nervous. Ended up going 1-2 in bracket. :( Hnads were shaking, inputs were slow, and my fox was sliding all over the place. Wasn't crisby at all. Oh well. Nice experience though.
Glad you had fun!

Burning Spin Dash has faster startup when you release it from a charge compared to the normal version, but if you shield it, you get a free punish since it has a ton of lag. It also lets me do that little air spin dash just above the ground which I think is pretty useful. The default just goes up a bit and has a little bit slower startup.

But yeah, I have trouble when people are playing defensive against me. I do feel like the whole character needs buffs
Wait, Sonic or Mewtwo needs buffs? Lol

I think mobility > all against Mewtwo.

Glad you had fun!

Wait, Sonic or Mewtwo needs buffs? Lol

I think mobility > all against Mewtwo.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm going to be done with customs probably after EVO if the community sticks away from them. I feel like NY is the only region that really likes customs.

Oh, and I meant Mewtwo. :p

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm going to be done with customs probably after EVO if the community sticks away from them. I feel like NY is the only region that really likes customs.

Oh, and I meant Mewtwo. :p
Haha, just had to be sure.

Vision nearly killing me off a jab at 20%? Ok.
Be glad you survived. Shulk with customs always makes me want to quit. Stupid, stupid customs.

That reminds me we should test shadow balls vs my bonus fruit, since they already beat Samus' charge shot at any level from what I've heard.
Fand has internet from Wal-Mart, so my room is open.

Good games guys, fun stuff!

I played for longer than I should've haha. Still lots of fun. Beats, I've only played with you once or twice before, so it was good to see what you've got! Your ZSS and WFT are really good! Is ZSS your main?

TWILT & Thulius, fun to play with you guys as always!

Beats

Good games everyone. I picked Temple that one match by the way lol. : p

Good games guys, fun stuff!

I played for longer than I should've haha. Still lots of fun. Beats, I've only played with you once or twice before, so it was good to see what you've got! Your ZSS and WFT are really good! Is ZSS your main?

TWILT & Thulius, fun to play with you guys as always!

Yup, ZSS is my main. I've only heard of your Megaman through posts here. It was cool to finally see it in action. : ]

JulianImp

Fand has internet from Wal-Mart, so my room is open.

Oh, I didn't mean to say I was looking to try it out right now. I'm kind of beat, so I don't think I'll be playing any Smash tonight. Maybe tomorrow?

I'm really hyped for the Roy/Ryu leaks. Ryu looks an awfully complex character, though, with his EX moves and the attacks that change depending on how long you hold the buttons down.

Oidisco

I just killed a Sheik at 20% with a fully-charged tipper shieldbreaker, from the middle of Omerga Pokemon Stadium. I knew it was powerful, but that's kinda crazy

Oh, I didn't mean to say I was looking to try it out right now. I'm kind of beat, so I don't think I'll be playing any Smash tonight. Maybe tomorrow?

I'm really hyped for the Roy/Ryu leaks. Ryu looks an awfully complex character, though, with his EX moves and the attacks that change depending on how long you hold the buttons down.

Seems more complex to me that he's going to have Street Fighter combos in a Smash Bros. game. You don't do crouch, push a button 3 times, and then special to do a combo in Smash Bros., so it would take adjusting between characters.

Who's around to play?

Fandangox

Resetting the router didn't work >:v I keep getting randomly disconnected and getting banned from online, I will stop because I don't know if these stacks and I could get a permanent ban or something.

Resetting the router didn't work >:v I keep getting randomly disconnected and getting banned from online, I will stop because I don't know if these stacks and I could get a permanent ban or something.
You should call your ISP, then. Does this really not happen with any other game?

JulianImp

Seems more complex to me that he's going to have Street Fighter combos in a Smash Bros. game. You don't do crouch, push a button 3 times, and then special to do a combo in Smash Bros., so it would take adjusting between characters.

Who's around to play?

Yeah, I kind of ended up giving up on SFIV because the execution barrier was just too high for me.

Oh while I'm at it, I'd appreciate it if anyone who has played me would give me feedback on what you think I'm good and bad at. Personally, I feel like I'm okay-ish at using several different characters efficiently and can do a couple of reads and decent DI, but on the other hand my defensive game is kind of lacking and my reaction times when caught off-guard are bad, so I almost never get to tech against the stage for example, and I'm equally bad at shield-grabs.

I just got back home, so if Bony/Tipster/Kei are all here we can do the doubles thing.

Anyways, I didn't do too well at the league thing they did today stadistically, but with the exception of like 3 sets and 2 games with stupid sds most matches were relatively close so I don't feel too bad.

Today I learned:
-Default lasers definitely are what i should do with Luigi match ups
-I can handle ok Luigis but I get destroyed by good ones :|
-I don't know shit about the ROB match up
- When I struggle to get the kill i get really desparate and start doing bad up Bs and up smashes >_>

Fandangox

You should call your ISP, then. Does this really not happen with any other game?

Previously not, but today every time I got a comm error I'd check the computer it would say I still was connected with access to the internet, but if I tried to load a website I would get a timeout-error. I will call and see what's up with that tomorrow.

Top Bottom