• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

JulianImp

FML, now the eShop is undergoing maintenance. Seems like I won't be able to try out Ryu today.

Same here. I can actually get into the game's shop if I open it from Smash, but the "Redownload" buttons have no checkbox, and checking them and pressing "Next" shows a blank screen.

I just managed to get to the confirmation screen this time before I got hit with the maintenance error code.

Edit 2: Downloads finally got through!

A legal stage that can't be used online, the fuck. They better fix this shit.

So what are thoughts on Miiverse and DL64? Legal or not in the case of Miiverse, since Dream Land is always legal.

Maybe loading messages from Miiverse while trying to play a match online is too much for the game to handle.
Still they should let you play a version of the stage that doesn't give messages if that is the case.

Blizzard

Banned
Has anyone found a medium version of one of Ryu's attacks? None of his aerial A attacks seem to have more than one animation, and all the ground tilts only have two versions that I can tell.

Unless, a medium version shares the animation of one of them and is just slightly different in damage or something.

How were Needles nerfed? :-O

I think Luigi's down throw got changed. Don't think he can get easy KO's off of it anymore.
Not off of down B?

The patch notes say Miiverse cannot be selected online. This is stupid as hell as it seems to have amazing music.

『Inaba Resident』;167777957 said:
Maybe loading messages from Miiverse while trying to play a match online is too much for the game to handle.
Still they should let you play a version of the stage that doesn't give messages if that is the case.
Laaaaaame.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Lmao, the Street Fighter IV input shortcut for Ryu's Shoryuken is in. Tap down-forward twice and then hit the attack button instead of forward > down > down-forward.

Quickly rolling the stick from DF > D > DF works too, so you can do it straight out of a down-forward crouch stance.

Oidisco

lol, yea that was rough!

Good games Hex. Definitely not feeling Roy right now. He feels very heavy and hard to play right now. Hoping that changes as I use him more.

Crayolan

My graduation party's today, so I won't be able to download the new stuff until tonight. Have fun with the new characters, everyone!

Oh, but I would like to know who arranged the new songs.

Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive! Medley-Maki Kirioka
Nintendo Land Medley-Tsukasa Masuko
Wii Shop Channel-Hirokazu Koshio (ZUNTATA)
Mii Plaza-Yasunori Mitsuda
Mario Paint Medley-Taku Inoue

I think there's also a new Kirby remix on DL64 but I don't have that yet.

JulianImp

I'll join you guys once I'm done eating lunch. I can't wait to see how Ruy works in a real battle.

So far I've noticed his nairs and uairs autocancel from a short-hop, and I've been unable to do tatsumakis on the ground, but it's been fine in the air so far. HCF for the special hadoken also comes up randomly for me, though.

JulianImp

Okay, some results from trying Lucas out in training mode:
  • Zap jump is out
  • Magnet after PK Fire to get more horizontal momentum is out
  • PKT2 landing lag is considerably worse than Ness', but the range appears to have received a buff from Brawl as well
  • Retreating PK Fire still works like a charm. Better get ready to hear Lucas spam that voice clip, everybody
  • Rope snake is really long, but has a single 4% hitbox unlike Smaus and Link's zairs

Like I expected I mess up the streetfighter inputs a lot. Many QCF or QCB come out as shoryuken. Anyone wants to play? I want to play as Ryu a bit.

Top Bottom