• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

No balance changes?

So, so sad. :(

Puruzi, is the YT feature up?

God the bitching about the dlc character prices is always annoying as fuck

There was no mention of balance updates so it has no reason to do so
Yeah. The prices are competitive, and no one is forcing you to buy them.

Then again, $20 is a considerable increase on the original price of $60, and I can understand not wanting to pay 33% of the game's price for three characters and two stages. It is pretty steep. I think a $15 pack for those would have been a nice gesture from Nintendo.

Puruzi

Banned
No balance changes?

Then again, $20 is a considerable increase on the original price of $60, and I can understand not wanting to pay 33% of the game's price for three characters and two stages. It is pretty steep. I think a $15 pack for those would have been a nice gesture from Nintendo.

Nah, it downloaded an update, but nothing changed on the system, then I reset the wii u and it's downloading another one.
Out of Ammo knows more right now.

My update gave a message that miiverse stage is unlocked + a shitton of soundtrack CDs. Then I checked the replays and had to delete them. Trying to access the eShop now but... well...
tumblr_npxxa8JOfE1qesqm0o1_500.gif

Very happy about the YouTube upload feature, but when is it coming out? Also, is 1.0.8 out on servers? Trying to load now...

Watched it on my phone in bed with my wife. :)

If those were true combos we saw, Ryu is definitely going to be high tier minimum.

Well, he said they wouldn't do too many more stages.I am honestly disappointed that we didn't get a Fountain of Dreams reveal. I want to be able to force Battlefield platforms in every tournament match I go to. Moves Mewtwo up a full tier, lol.

Sakurai says a lot of stuff. I can see us getting the two 64 stages and then 1 new stage for every newcomer.

Oh, there IS a bundle available :O
ahFR0M6.png

What a worthless bundle. The characters and stages cost $16, so are you even saving anything if you were to buy everything including the costumes separately?

No balance changes?

This is how I feel. It may be the same amount as other companies are charging, but I don't play any other fighting game enough to care about DLC. Just the newcomers and Mewtwo for me!

I assume we are able to play on stages we haven't bought if the other person picks them. Is this confirmed?

What a worthless bundle. The characters and stages cost $16, so are you even saving anything if you were to buy everything including the costumes separately?

Yeah, saw it too when taking a closer look. I don't care about any of the Mii fighter stuff so I'll just get the characters and stages for Wii U and 3DS.

Beats

Lol Karst, good luck. I saw the smash 64 zelda stage so that isn't included yet as dlc? We could legalize that instead of temple kappa..

That stage just reminds me of that one 64 set that lasted like an hour or something. I don't have the link on hand though.

TWILT

Banned
Confirming replays don't work anymore.

Couldn't buy anything at all lol so I'll just test for Shulk/Pika/Robin/Link changes for now.

SoldnerKei

Confirming replays don't work anymore.

Couldn't buy anything at all lol so I'll just test for Shulk/Pika/Robin/Link changes for now.

you know what to check on that beautiful young elf

and yeah, hell I give up, gonna try the Eshop later

oh cool, patch finally showed up... 17 mins to download... ok, that's a lot of data

Of course we need to check for Greninja nerfs.

And need to check if Zelda gotten any love from the patch =/

When I download it though. Got things to do so I'll get it later...hopefully when things ease up on the servers too.

Robiin

Where do we go for quickest patch notes these days? Smashboards or Reddit.

I'm at work and need to know about buffs to
Sheik needles because they are needed and nerfs to Greninja because reasons,
Fox and Falcon!

TWILT

Banned
Shulk seems exactly the same. All his tech and arts haven't seemed to change.
Link seems the same too; jab 1 still can't be cancelled ;-;.
Robin and Pikachu feel the exact same too. Testing more. Heavy Skull Bash is still ridiculous lol.

Shulk seems exactly the same. All his tech and arts haven't seemed to change.
Link seems the same too; jab 1 still can't be cancelled ;-;.
Robin and Pikachu feel the exact same too. Testing more.
Test Fox jab infinite. If that is in, it is unlikely that anything changed.

Oidisco

Zelda can now hold Phantom Slash charge, Din's Fire is now a mine and no longer puts her in freefall, sweetspot for her aerials are all larger, Forward smash no longer randomly whiffs and knocks people out before final hit.

*cries

TWILT

Banned
Test Fox jab infinite. If that is in, it is unlikely that anything changed.

I'm not a Fox main, but I tested it out, and it seems like it's still in (Shulk can't seem to escape at all). Yeah, concluding nothing got changed.

Also whoever said that the Fox jab infinite is hard to do is a damn liar lol.

JulianImp

My update gave a message that miiverse stage is unlocked + a shitton of soundtrack CDs. Then I checked the replays and had to delete them. Trying to access the eShop now but... well...
tumblr_npxxa8JOfE1qesqm0o1_500.gif

Perfect representation of what's going on. I've been trying over and over to buy anything, but no luck so far.

Oidisco

Ok, finally have everything updated and installed. I just got Roy and Dreamland since I don't have much money on my e-shop account right now.

Gonna start testing Roy immediately! So excited!

Crayolan

Just watched the smash direct, the tourney info and youtube replays are nice.

Pricing not so nice. But it's smash so I don't really care, everything save for the mii costumes will be mine.

Oidisco

Roy feels a lot weirder than I expected coming from Marth. He really does fall very fast. Also, his down-throw is perfect!

Falling up-air into uptilt is still a true combo, which is nice.

Top Bottom