• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

FSLink

Banned
So with the Zero Mii Swordfighter costume, is this the first crossover game Zero appeared in where Zero isn't crazy OP? lol

My graduation party's today, so I won't be able to download the new stuff until tonight. Have fun with the new characters, everyone!

Oh, but I would like to know who arranged the new songs.

At last, DLC downloaded.

Quick question, is online play fucked by the eShop servers being fucked? I just got back from AT and am wanting to get back into what groove I had.

ZangBa

Can I play Smash while this update is downloading? Sorry for the dumb question, but I'm still new to the Wii U in general. The way this system works is so weird compared to the PS4.

ZzzzzZzzzz, gave up for now.

I don't think anything changed, balance-wise. Diddy Uair is probably a placebo.

So with the Zero Mii Swordfighter costume, is this the first crossover game Zero appeared in where Zero isn't crazy OP? lol
Wait until Trela wins Evo with him.

Oidisco

So unlike customless Marth, Roy has actual throw follow ups then?

At low to mid-percents yea he does. At high percents you could get something out of it but it won't be a true combo

Oh and my dreams have been slightly crushed, as he has a lot of end-lag on all his aerials :(

JulianImp

I couldn't get to buy the pack right as it was processing the purchase... Now, when I got back into the DLC store to try and but stuff again it says I already own the Ryu DLC?!

It doesn' show the other items as being purchased, though, so it seems my purchase wasn't fully processed.

I'll now wait for the game update and see if Ryu shows up.

FluxWaveZ

All this music rocks. Monkey Watch forever.

And I might have gotten the new characters without it removing cash from my balance. The store was messed up; checking now.

Edit: Nope, 'course not. Servers are getting "smashed."

JulianImp

All this music rocks. Monkey Watch forever.

And I might have gotten the new characters without it removing cash from my balance. The store was messed up; checking now.

Oh, so it happened to you too? I wonder if Nintendo will retroactively charge us for that. Otherwise, I'll have just saved a couple of bucks towards the Steam summer sale.

Oidisco

Roy's up-throw seems to kill at roughly the same percent as Marth, in other words it's only used if you just can't kill your opponent and they're at stupid high percents!

SoldnerKei

Link seems the same too; jab 1 still can't be cancelled ;-;.

yeah, Jab is the same BUT and this is a big but if true, his U-smash finally connect constantly, fucking finally if this can't be DI out, gonna test further later

also D'throw has vertical knockback now, can set up to bait airdoges and i guess it could be useful to follow up with utilt for heavy characters...

a lot of stuff seems like placebo effect for me, like running speed is faster, dtilt faster, dash attack back to the 1.0.5 patch, less recovery time when missing a grab

I'll check smashboards and see what they found out too
bombsliding is still there too, glad to know

I think I kind of like the way Roy feels. Seems like a good in between for Ike and Marth. I think I'll try him out for a while. Love everything about him, seems like he took a bit of inspiration from the FE Awakening Roy.

FluxWaveZ

Oh, so it happened to you too? I wonder if Nintendo will retroactively charge us for that. Otherwise, I'll have just saved a couple of bucks towards the Steam summer sale.

Maybe. I'm still trying to even download them and it keeps kicking me off.

Actually, nah, it just took my balance... but didn't download the characters? Ugh.

SoldnerKei

man, seems like Link finally got another OoS option with his Usmash actually comboing 3 hits, need to test if it's DI'able

dthrow> utilt combo at certain % on training mode comfirmed oh gosh

Oidisco

Roy's up-tilt seems like it could be an ok kill-move. Kills Pika at 100% from the top platform of Battlefield without Rage.

Juni_

If you play on miiverse it will ask if you want to make a post supporting the winner of the battle.

You can turn it off in the options menu.

Richie

tumblr_npy1rzo0fg1rfr34po1_540.jpg

LITERALLY THE FIRST THING THAT POPS UP

Blizzard

Banned
I'm happy they gave Kirby both blue and red hadoken, AND let him use the circle inputs with either A or B (though I don't know how you'd do red hadoken without circle input).

Doing half circles feels weird on the gamecube controller though. I feel like I'm going to break something.

You want to do some Roy dittos?

Well, I suppose I could, but Iunno if you're going to get anything out of it. I have not played in 3 weeks, and am not that great to begin with. But, I'll pop a room open so I can try to learn with him. All I've done is Classic mode with him so far.

Oidisco

Well, I suppose I could, but Iunno if you're going to get anything out of it. I have not played in 3 weeks, and am not that great to begin with. But, I'll pop a room open so I can try to learn with him. All I've done is Classic mode with him so far.

I'm not going to be trying crazy hard or anything. I just want mess around a little and try out some things with him

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Lmao, the Street Fighter IV input shortcut for Ryu's Shoryuken is in. Tap down-forward twice and then hit the attack button instead of forward > down > down-forward.

It finally allows me to get to the end of the store transaction and then the "undergoing maintenance" message pops up :|

I am skeptical - video?

https://vine.co/v/ee5pOjPguWv

The direct link is not loading for me but hopefully for you it does.

I tried making a side by side comparison as similar as I could. Sorry for the awful looking "after" pic but like I said it won't load directly on my end :|

tumblr_npy1pyuMTA1qhhv13o2_r1_540.png

Mewtwo patch->Today's patch

Top Bottom