• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Huge post on Marth changes - pretty huge:

I'm going to mostly copy my post from the Marth general thread/Marth changes thread:

MARTH

So Jab 1 does 1 less damage non tipper and tip, but leads to everything. Whether you want to true combo it to jab 2, or bait an air dodge, maybe get some Utilt, or idk tipper FSMASH, grab, Usmash true combos at kill percents....

Utilt is stronger tipper and non tipper, and looking at the animation, Utilt is less laggy, somewhere between 37-39 frames it seems rather than 42. Utilt used to kill Marth on an Omega stage in the mid to high 140s (Wii U), now it kills Marth at 127%!!! on an Omega stage (Wii U). Trust me, I know EVERYTHING about pre-patch Marth/Marth in general.

All aerials probably have the same knockback. Same damage, horrible autocancel, and landing lag except Nair. Nair seems to have less landing lag when compared to Uair landing lag. There seems to be a bigger difference between the 2.

It's true, jab 2 doesn't connect after 100% even though the animation looks like it should (hate that). However, above 100, if you got tipper jab 1, and wait just a little bit, you can get tipper jab 2 still a true combo. But this isnt too important, you want to kill them at high percents, so just use jab 1 into something else. At low percents both jabs work perfect thats all I need

It seems you can get jab 2 earlier, like maybe input after frame 18ish instead of 20

OMG, I am loving this. Jab 1 to tipper Fsmash is DABOMB

ANOTHER Utilt change, the body hitbox (the one that does 5%), now sends them upwards. I hate that, it used to send them horizontal (off stage)

At first I thought Dolphin Slash had better range for the 11% hitbox but I mostly doubt it, it's probably the same strength too, hard to tell. Possible that it's stronger.

Grab range is exactly the same

Dsmash, unfortunately is exactly the same

Uthrow is exactly the same

Ftilt is exactly the same

Dtilt is exactly the same

Fsmash, same

Usmash, same

can no longer jab lock with jab. GRRRRRR

Can't do 2 aerials in a short hop. Like I said, aerials are the same.

Seems like Dancing Blade is the same.

Shield breaker seems the same

Throws seem the same. I got Fthrow to Fair to combo on Marth at 50%, that's normal I believe with no DI

Dash attack is the same

Fair still doesn't have a frame 5 hitbox (above Marth) even though the animation still looks like it does

The back hit of Utilt combos into Uair!!

Think I have proof that nair has less landing lag. First hit of tipper Nair combos into Utilt well before 100%. It wasnt like that before

THIS IS WEIRD: Marth moves forward while doing Utilt!! Did he do that before? I would have noticed. They have to be consecutive Utilts.

LUCINA:

All Marth changes apply to her

Lucina sometimes say "ha" while doing up B

Lucina's Ftilt now does somewhere between 10.51% and 10.99%, up from 9.97%

With Utilt back to it's Brawl glory (not Melee though, that was broken) and the best jab Marth has ever had (LIKE SERIOUSLY THIS JAB 1 CAN PUT YOU IN FOX JAB SITUATIONS), Marth was once again buffed and in my opinion he can hold a candle to Roy. People have been saying otherwise.

Give me your Lucas impressions guys!
Dthrow combos into Uair, a "Lu-ha".

Most of his wonky physics stuff from Brawl is gone.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
how do I do the ex moves with Ryu? I do them alot, but it feels random

Beats

I gotta take a break, but good games man! Look forward to seeing how our Ryus matchup once we've messed around with them more.

Good games.

Kept doing accidental tatsus when trying to do the other fireball. I need to practice the inputs lol. Landing a DP is so satisfying though.

Good games.

Kept doing accidental tatsus when trying to do the other fireball. I need to practice the inputs lol. Landing a DP is so satisfying though.
Yeah, I've got to focus on making sure I have Ryu facing the right way. Even with all the confusion, he's fun as hell.

Community has to compile everything cause lol Sakurai. It'll most likely be sort of ready in a few hours and later today it'll have all the verified info in place. There's been changes to characters though

K, have you heard anything on Mario, Mega Man, Pit, Luigi and Greninja?

Beats

I think Roy has a regrab/pseudo chain grab setup on fast fallers at lower percents. I need to test it out more though.

Do you mean the stronger/longer specials, or the different A moves? In both cases, hold the button down longer.

So you can be holding A, press down-right, and release A to do a hadoken? I didn't even think of testing that.

Yes.

I don't think I'll even be using the B button at all except for focus attacks. My god, he feels so spot on.

You can tell Sakurai knows his SF mechanics.

Top Bottom