• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

JulianImp

Wait, can you do an up smash into shoryuken?

What's a good crumble set up? I just go for the srk

Maybe you could try tilt into SRK for more damage?

I absolutely love how Ryu gets parry pose and SFX whenever he does a perfect shield. Smash's attention to detail is really amazing.

Kjellson

It was inevitable.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_019qogb.jpg

Puruzi

Banned

Yeah Lucas recovery is insane up b goes ridiculous lengths, thought you weren't gonna make it twide

Soooo what do you think, is he better than Ness?

Ness is probably better, but I like playing Lucas more.

Beats

Yeah Lucas recovery is insane up b goes ridiculous lengths, thought you weren't gonna make it twide

Soooo what do you think, is he better than Ness?

you can do weak jab, weak d-tilt or weak up-tilt into SRK. you could do a few weak d-tilts into SRK for more percent.

Not sure what's a good crumple setup though. I haven't messed around with that too much.

Bahahaha. Deal with it Pika/Mario/Luigi/ anyone with fast energy projectile mains
I think I will mess with Lucas a bit.

Did she comply about Yoshi? Haha

And no fair is the same but that's never been a problem. People are debating up smash hitbox isn't so wonky now but I'm not convinced.

We did lose missile cancel but that was across the board
She did. :)

Ness got buffs? --;

Or is that Lucas?

What's a mother
Both!

I can't believe that the Reggie vs Hungry Box grudge match is actually happening
Link?

In good time.

What does the character select screen look like now
There are pics around...I don't have one.

Cronox

Banned
Just here to say that I hate everyone who has access to their Wii U right now. I get to wait another 16 days until I get to try these new characters and patch changes at home. I'm feeling a little doubtful about Belgian smash-bros helping me play with the new characters before I go too...

Anyway, Karst you are aware Bowser's utilt was buffed, hmm?

JulianImp

Does anyone want to play a couple of matches?

Just like Karst, I was really hyped for Lucas but not so much for Ryu and Roy, but in the end I found I really liked the two characters I had neglected at first, and don't think I'll end up playing Lucas all that much.

As soon as I tried Roy out I knew he was the character I wanted to pick up, and Ryu also feels really cool.

Does anyone want to play a couple of matches?

Just like Karst, I was really hyped for Lucas but not so much for Ryu and Roy, but in the end I found I really liked the two characters I had neglected at first, and don't think I'll end up playing Lucas all that much.

As soon as I tried Roy out I knew he was the character I wanted to pick up, and Ryu also feels really cool.

I'll play.

Just here to say that I hate everyone who has access to their Wii U right now. I get to wait another 16 days until I get to try these new characters and patch changes at home. I'm feeling a little doubtful about Belgian smash-bros helping me play with the new characters before I go too...

Anyway, Karst you are aware Bowser's utilt was buffed, hmm?
What was the buff?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
If you hit someone with a weak move within 25 frames of them hitting the ground and they don't tech, you can lock them and it forces a neutral standup

Thanks. I think I'd need to see it in action to get it, though.

Wait, so does Ryu have light-medium-heavy on his normals too or just his specials? I haven't downloaded him yet.

Most of his normals vary depending on whether you tap or hold the attack button.

It's actually very reminiscent of Street Fighter 1, now that I think about it. The original version of that game just had a single punch and a single kick button, and attack strength varied depending on how hard you hit them.

Thanks. I think I'd need to see it in action to get it, though.

Most of his normals vary depending on whether you tap or hold the attack button.

It's actually very reminiscent of Street Fighter 1, now that I think about it. The original version of that game just had a single punch and a single kick button, and attack strength varied depending on how hard you hit them.
Imagine forcing a neutral get-up in Marvel, AND they can't block on standup. All you have to do is hit someone with an extremely weak move while they are prone, before they stand. If you want an easy test, Mewtwo's Confusion into Shadow Ball forces one.

Puruzi has Lucas down, play her

Last one for me
Pretty sure Puruzi is a guy.

Now I'm confused again...do normals have them or not? I couldn't get medium to happen on normals.
Normals have them. I tested it on jab and could do a 3 hit combo.

Blizzard

Banned
Normals have them. I tested it on jab and could do a 3 hit combo.
Maybe we're not talking about the same thing. I didn't test jab combos. If you tap A (or a tilt) Ryu does one animation, but if you hold A (or a tilt) he does another animation that's stronger. I thought those were the "light" and "heavy" versions, but didn't know if there was a way to do something in the middle.

Boney

Banned
Thanks, ggs! That Ryu is fierce, definitely the best one I've played so far.
So glad my boy Lucas has returned
I'm pretty much winging it haha was getting trashed by random FG earlier haha. I really need to get some more ko setups and get more familiar with stuff. But boy them shoryukens are crazy. Glad I have some SF experience so I can get a few stuff done. Super hard to go from his fall speed to Samus and back though.

Lucas seems great. Rope Snake is MVP, very fast start up, great range and fantastic throws, not to mention a zair and a tether recovery. His fsmash is a lot weaker than before it seems (still pretty strong) and dsmash is godly. Seems he has a little less combos than Ness but a lot more options. Missing them ridiculous disjoints out of fair and dash attack.
Like that pk fire a lot more, it's such a good projectile.

Btw pk vacuum recovers x1.5? So unfair >.<

Maybe we're not talking about the same thing. I didn't test jab combos. If you tap A (or a tilt) Ryu does one animation, but if you hold A (or a tilt) he does another animation that's stronger. I thought those were the "light" and "heavy" versions, but didn't know if there was a way to do something in the middle.
There is an in-between press for "medium". At least, for neutral jab there is.

Shamrock, give me the ABCs of Lucas.

Normals and specials.

Lucas has excellent spacing options. Short hop to pkfire is amazing. His tilts are used often so switch your c stick to that. He has excellent combos, such as throw to utilt, and from what I understand potentially usmash. The important thing I always found is to stay moving with Lucas. Using pkfire in the air, as well as his pk magnet, he can fly around the stage fluidly and dictate the pace of the match. Don't become a statue with Lucas. Keep the opponent guessing. He has very good recovery options so unless you are playing someone that can absorb pkthunder, feel free to attempt gimps off stage

Top Bottom